Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Yesterday took her to "my spot" after getting it back from a wash, clay bar and ceramic maintenance coat.

1714700887470-b1.png

Today I took her to my girlfriends place which is about 40 minutes outside of the city AND I learned that she CAN run on 91 octane with the Supercharger. I didn't pay attention to how much gas I had before I hit the highway and that little yellow "80KM Until Empty" came on and then I saw 75 and then 70. Since I wasn't sure what traffic was gonna be like coming out of the big city I hit a crappy Esso that only had 91 and put about $25.00 in.

Soon as I hit Guelph I hit the Petro Canada off the highway and dosed her with 94. All was well in the universe.

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Have you used it personally? Reviews online are pretty bad. The OTC clamshell one seems nice but I'm not shelling out $350 for something I'd only use once or twice.
Yes. Mine is one of the original batches though so maybe quality has slipped since (probably purchased in 2018 or so). I do know that they held up to my friend stupidly using them to do his Colorado ZR2 springs which being off road oriented had an absurd spring rate. You could literally see the threaded rods turn banana shaped but somehow they didn't break, lmao. I still quickly left the area after recommending against what he was doing, but I'm also pretty impressed they didn't break.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Finally decided on springs. Not looking forward to the sketchy ass spring compressors I'm going to rent for the job.

20240502_172857.jpg
Is a compressor needed for the rear? I would think most of the pressure would come off of them lowering the subframe and letting the suspension to full droop, but i havent done it. If no compressor is needed for the rear, i would do the job without a compressor. I always remove and install front strut springs with a floor jack. Hell i would use a floor jack for the rear too if possible

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Is a compressor needed for the rear? I would think most of the pressure would come off of them lowering the subframe and letting the suspension to full droop, but i havent done it. If no compressor is needed for the rear, i would do the job without a compressor. I always remove and install front strut springs with a floor jack. Hell i would use a floor jack for the rear too if possible
You're correct, no spring compressor is needed for the rear. Just slowly lower the rear sub-frame and support it with a jack.

Sponsored

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
You're correct, no spring compressor is needed for the rear. Just slowly lower the rear sub-frame and support it with a jack.
Then no spring compressor at all for me. Taking springs off of struts with a jack is easy and fast.

Jjmoberg

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 on order
Im not doing springs. Im just saying thats how i would do it. I havent used a spring compressor on strut springs for over 20 years. Replaced many front springs on many cars with a floor jack. Its easier than any compressor other than a shop type floor mounted hydraulic unit. Its faster and likely safer than any janky tools that you use after the strut is out of the car.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
After a few months after the incident with the front end, finally got it all put back together.
Ended up buying another front cover that was used but structurally sound, but with it having numerous miles and daily damage, had it all repaired and painted the original Oxford White.
Had to let the paint cure for nearly a month before I was able to have my guy apply the PPF to the newly painted cover.
Got the call yesterday that it was complete and went to go pick it up. I'm 95% satisfied with how it all turned out and even with the factory shade being a bit off vs what my 8 year old white looks like on the rest of the car, I'm okay with it. The silly part that I'm annoyed with is the little imperfections of the PPF.
I think my guy did it late at night... On the primarily applied chunk, I don't think he cleaned it off properly as it appears there are containments on the front end and now show up as little bubbles. Just sketchy attention to detail, so I'll be addressing that with him shortly.
But overall, glad to have it back and driveable again.

PXL_20240503_002624873.jpg

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2018 Fusion Hybrid
After a few months after the incident with the front end, finally got it all put back together.
Ended up buying another front cover that was used but structurally sound, but with it having numerous miles and daily damage, had it all repaired and painted the original Oxford White.
Had to let the paint cure for nearly a month before I was able to have my guy apply the PPF to the newly painted cover.
Got the call yesterday that it was complete and went to go pick it up. I'm 95% satisfied with how it all turned out and even with the factory shade being a bit off vs what my 8 year old white looks like on the rest of the car, I'm okay with it. The silly part that I'm annoyed with is the little imperfections of the PPF.
I think my guy did it late at night... On the primarily applied chunk, I don't think he cleaned it off properly as it appears there are containments on the front end and now show up as little bubbles. Just sketchy attention to detail, so I'll be addressing that with him shortly.
But overall, glad to have it back and driveable again.

PXL_20240503_002624873.jpg
Is it just me, or does the front hood gap look a bit wide? Perhaps it's the color, or the difference between the front and fender gaps that make it stand out to me.....It looks good otherwise!

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
Is it just me, or does the front hood gap look a bit wide? Perhaps it's the color, or the difference between the front and fender gaps that make it stand out to me.....It looks good otherwise!
It should be spot on, as what you're seeing is the black rubber seal between the cover and hood. Different angles with accentuate that "gap" look.
Sponsored