Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
Show us all the whole thing, from completely hot car in the drive-way, to everything done and cleaned up and neat. Include all the necessary maintenance like cleaning (de-carboning) front pad pins, cleaning/greasing rear caliper slide pins & metal shims. And getting those little fucking boots pressed back in. A complete job.
I think you forgot to mention a 2-hour siesta.
Sponsored

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You have absolutely no idea how badly youā€™re embarrassing yourself! Iā€™m going to stop responding because I have work. But yes I do think the $150k cars brakes are more intensive than a pp1 mustang. And yes I complained about the brakes being glazed which is why I have hawk pads and ss lines now. I had a shop do the work as I didnā€™t have the time to do the install before my next track day.
Cheers bud
I just kept seeing messages of you saying how easy brakes are and how their not a 6 hour job and couldnā€™t figure out what the hell was going onā€¦ then I realized I hit the ignore button on whoever you were arguing with a while ago šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.

MrMike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT, 23 Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
I just kept seeing messages of you saying how easy brakes are and how their not a 6 hour job and couldnā€™t figure out what the hell was going onā€¦ then I realized I hit the ignore button on whoever you were arguing with a while ago šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚.
Same, King Kona is literally the only person on my ignore list anymore. I had one other but he stopped posting 4 years ago apparently.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
First day on the internet there buddy? If you want it to stop, don't join it.
Maybe you should hit up some TV producers for a new reality show entitled "Brake Job Wars". Or maybe start a new thread entitled "What Did Your S550 Mustang Do To You Today?". šŸ˜„

Last edited:

JustSomeGuy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JustSomeGuy
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Same, King Kona is literally the only person on my ignore list anymore. I had one other but he stopped posting 4 years ago apparently.
I was curious who was arguing that 6hrs was good for brakes so I checked my ignore list. Same as you, mine it just himā€¦ šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
It is kind of funny seeing Kona get roasted since that's all he does to other people most of the time šŸ˜‚ It's okay to be slow at working on cars, that doesn't mean a job is hard for everyone or can't be done faster by someone else. But getting him to admit such a thing is impossible šŸ˜‚

Ole Texan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yap, put the king Kahunta on ignore after seeing his first post.
Nice discussion on brake service. Wish I had Brembo brakes so I would have to get a lift.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
It is kind of funny seeing Kona get roasted since that's all he does to other people most of the time šŸ˜‚ It's okay to be slow at working on cars, that doesn't mean a job is hard for everyone or can't be done faster by someone else. But getting him to admit such a thing is impossible šŸ˜‚
Yeah, thereā€™s some irony here for sure. There are a couple of guys on here who it seems literally just live to argue, and will never yield regardless of what is presented to them. I mean really, how hard would it be to say ā€œwow, thatā€™s great that you can do this job in 2.5 hours but it sure took me 6. Maybe I can do better next timeā€œ? Boom, itā€™s over and who cares anyway? But in this case i wonā€™t be surprised if a challenge is issued based on the brand of hand tools used. It kinda goes from the ridiculous to the sublime.

Now I take a little different approach to these couple of guys; I donā€™t put them on ignore. I enjoy watching the lengths to which theyā€™ll go trying to prevail in a meaningless argument and seeing them make themselves look silly. Itā€™s some fine entertainment!

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
Prior to a surgery I asked my doctor how long it would take, he said as long as it takes to do it right. So 6 hours or 2.5 hours, if itā€™s done right then thatā€™s all that matters.

1emglenn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eugene
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 A10 Roush phase 2
Prior to a surgery I asked my doctor how long it would take, he said as long as it takes to do it right. So 6 hours or 2.5 hours, if itā€™s done right then thatā€™s all that matters.
AMEN! 'Bout time someone showed some wisdom here.

Sponsored

MrBD1348

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT MT-82
Anything on jackstands takes longer. Thatā€™s totally fine! If you have time to go slow then go slow. Itā€™s much better to do it right and not mess things up by rushing when you donā€™t need to.

That being said I did the brembo job to go from base GT to pp1 on jack stands. It wasnā€™t too bad. Suspension was a whole lot worse on jack stands thatā€™s for damn sure!

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Just saying pads and rotors on a S550 inside 2 hours without even rushing is quite doable . I used to do it for a living . 20 wheel lugs and handful bolts on all calipers , suck master cyl empty , squeeze a few pistons back . Reassemble , it aint rocket surgery

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Finally got my car back together, Vengeance Clutch installed, new 2022 Coyote engine under my Whipple. Drove 520 miles on a Yuengling run to Indiana and back. Ready to change the oil tomorrow. Took about an hour to get the engine in the car and a day to get it all back together and running.

PXL_20230616_230625430.jpg
PXL_20230617_215711322.jpg
PXL_20230622_173857715.MP.jpg
PXL_20230616_211524171.jpg

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Heā€™s in my ignore list as well. The other guy that was on my list got banned earlier this year šŸ¤£

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Four pages! Really? Four pages read with next to nothing new posted except about brakes! What a joke. I used to read this thread every morning to see what others have done that could inspire me. Only thing I picked up on these last four pages was not to post on anything controversial because there is going to be an idiot thatā€™s done it better and wants everyone to know it. Just get a room and get it over!
Sponsored