Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

txgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium 6-speed Manual
Absolutely! Feel much safer with the cribbing vs jack stands. Thank you for sharing the information and giving us the idea!
Just super curious why you didn’t feel safe with jack stands? I’ve never heard of any issues with jack stands failing…
Sponsored

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Just super curious why you didn’t feel safe with jack stands? I’ve never heard of any issues with jack stands failing…
I work as a firefighter/paramedic. Past experiences of what I’ve seen and what others in the area have seen make me leery about relying on jack stands. We use cribbing all the time for holding heavy loads so that’s what I’m comfortable with. I have a set of jack stands for times when I need something smaller and portable but I’d prefer to use the cribbing when working under the car.

JohnnyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'20 Mustang GT, '17 Expedition, '04 LS430
The weather here has been amazing these last few days...weeks, months. No winter here in the DMV this year. But especially these last few days. Hit 80 today.

Took it out for a couple hours tonight. Had some fun with a few cars. Had more pulling hard out of corners and the 2nd-3rd-4th shifts. 😍

Sponsored

NFG19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 mustang GT PP1
Almost washed mine but then I realized it would be an exercise in futility. Geez, I hate pollen,
IMG_1782_Original.jpeg
Yess same problem! The wife hates it but there’s no point lol! Unfortunately we don’t have a garage.

MattMPA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT, 2016 Interceptor Utility, 2005 Excursion
Look up Harbor Freight failures.
I have video in my phone of a friend's HF jackstand. We put it up into position...a minor bump or push caused it to come down. Happened to him while working on his Super Duty. He thankfully wasn't harmed...

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Absolutely! Feel much safer with the cribbing vs jack stands. Thank you for sharing the information and giving us the idea!
Very miner point but as with ramps, make sure nothing under the car would have interference if tires deflated or any type of spring failure.

Sponsored

PopsMustang23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
Big thanks to Terry over at @beefcake and Brian with Finish Line in Milford, Ohio. We finally moved the needle on the WHP numbers and added the Vortech.

Added some MT S/S to the rears and the GT500 Spoiler. .. I haven't driven it yet but super excited. .

715rwhp, 520rwtq
32.png

8.63psi

2017GBGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue Premium GTPP w/ Recaros
Look up Harbor Freight failures.
I love Harbor Freight, but I would never ever buy anything from them that my life depended on. Cheap multimeter? Sure. Cheap jack stands? Hell no.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
New license plate. Last second changed my mind from UPACURB. Didn’t want to perpetuate the stigma 😂

4A144429-F2D9-4A5E-83BE-894DDCCBA447.jpeg
Sponsored