Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Got my alignment all finished today.. now I can move on to my ESS kit install. So when I got home from the alignment I tossed in my DW400 fuel pump and found a surprise under my back seat. I had my car stored for winter and had put moth balls all around the car, obviously it didn’t work. Fuckin little critters.

9A59BEF9-A623-4315-B3D9-F4C3652474B4.jpeg

D5A33542-DB05-4368-9082-7DB5D3A0523D.jpeg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
In loving memory.. Orange Twister GT
* 2021 2023 +
Still have the fuel door! 😅
For or a couple of days I will drive around like that.
Btw, I really dig the spoiler delete on this one. On the other hand, it needs a spoiler! 🤪

PXL_20230323_010223869.jpg

Sponsored

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Got my alignment all finished today.. now I can move on to my ESS kit install. So when I got home from the alignment I tossed in my DW400 fuel pump and found a surprise under my back seat. I had my car stored for winter and had put moth balls all around the car, obviously it didn’t work. Fuckin little critters.

How they got in? Hopefully they didn't have your wire harness for dessert.

Joe B.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang V6 coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced my 6 year old battery. Voltage had been reading low(12.2). Now I find I had left a dome light on. Don't know if there's a connection, but it was time anyway.

daSNAK3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT
Vehicle Showcase
No damn clue how they got in. I’ve been wondering myself, I need to take a deeper look.

I’ve been driving the car for about two weeks here and there. I do have an issue with my active exhaust not working at all, I assumed that was on me since I was adjusting my exhaust and pinched a wire.. I’ve replaced the harness and it still isn’t working, haven’t had time to look into it more yet. Was hoping to find some time today. Other than that, I haven’t seen anything else that was damaged, I’ll have to take a closer look though.. moth balls didn’t do a damn thing, going to have to find something else to try and keep them away.

Stangomydreams

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Cali Special Convertible
I've had luck with peppermint oil - soak cotton balls and place in open plastic bag under hood and interior. Plus the smell isn't like death ie mothballs...gg

Sponsored

Moonhowl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium, 2018 Nissan Frontier, 2000 Harley
I found this thread and got the idea from there:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/diy-wheel-cribbing.173104/

I cut the 2x4's into 16" lengths and built the boxes 3 layers high (so they're 4.5" tall). I built 12 boxes total to give me options for height. I added a couple of extra 2x4's to 4 of the boxes to serve as the tops to give the tires a little extra surface area to rest on. All in all, pretty easy project. And I feel MUCH safer with these instead of jack stands with ramps under the wheels.
I’m glad you liked my idea and it worked for you. I feel so much safer under my car when it’s up on my wheel cribs.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
I forgot all about this. What did I do on Tuesday you mean?

I got the latest calibration for the SC installed and the learn mode re-initiated so the transmission can properly re-learn the drive modes. Now I need some dry weather days to drive it for a full tank of gas, in normal, with a light foot and no paddle shifting.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Added Ford floor mats. They fit like a glove, best mats I owned so far. They are thick and feel sturdy. :like: I used some of my Ford points, you still have to pay for shipping.

Floor mats

Ballistica

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I’m glad you liked my idea and it worked for you. I feel so much safer under my car when it’s up on my wheel cribs.
Absolutely! Feel much safer with the cribbing vs jack stands. Thank you for sharing the information and giving us the idea!
Sponsored