Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

BlackstangGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Red
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium, 1991 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
Steeda Jack rails, drop in K&N air filter, Hurst auto shift handle with manual boot and some carbon fiber interior updates. Next up in the queue is Ford performance strut tower brace and bar and 25mm wheel spacers.
Sponsored

mrgooden

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Steeda Jack rails, drop in K&N air filter, Hurst auto shift handle with manual boot and some carbon fiber interior updates. Next up in the queue is Ford performance strut tower brace and bar and 25mm wheel spacers.
I'd be interested in seeing your CF updates.

Richard

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
My BMR jacking rails came in. I didn't even know they made this "shorter tube" version, but it's all I was looking for since I just want somewhere to jack that's not on the pinch weld. I don't plan on putting all 4 jack stands on the rail, lol. They're also pretty light since it's just square tubing basically. And cheap, only $89. They're basically the same length as the Steeda low profile. I'm kinda disappointed with Steeda for the price doubling though, I remember when the low profile ones were like $100 or even less. Now they're almost $200? I get that steel prices have gone up, but come on now, lol.
20220412_213651.jpg

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My BMR jacking rails came in. I didn't even know they made this "shorter tube" version, but it's all I was looking for since I just want somewhere to jack that's not on the pinch weld. I don't plan on putting all 4 jack stands on the rail, lol. They're also pretty light since it's just square tubing basically. And cheap, only $89. They're basically the same length as the Steeda low profile. I'm kinda disappointed with Steeda for the price doubling though, I remember when the low profile ones were like $100 or even less. Now they're almost $200? I get that steel prices have gone up, but come on now, lol.
20220412_213651.jpg
Just a word to the wise, if they are like the Steeda rails (that I have), notice they ARE different in length and you will save time of undoing the bolts realizing why bolt holes don't align on one side if you compare lengths and sides.

Ask me how I know. :facepalm:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
You want to tell him if the longer ones go on drivers side or passenger side? :)

Just a word to the wise, if they are like the Steeda rails (that I have), notice they ARE different in length and you will save time of undoing the bolts realizing why bolt holes don't align on one side if you compare lengths and sides.

Ask me how I know. :facepalm:

Sponsored

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
I’m currently about 50% through getting my train of thought on that idea out of my head and onto cad for cutting from stainless (removable number plate mount with incorporated GoPro mount) :like:

The thing that’s slowing me down is my want for the PP2 splitter and that moves the goalposts / alters my design a little …

WD :like:
oh i wouldn't hang a gopro off the front of the car. Way too expensive an item to shove out there to get hit by everything thrown up from the road. Was thinking a drone type POV camera..

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
oh i wouldn't hang a gopro off the front of the car. Way too expensive an item to shove out there to get hit by everything thrown up from the road. Was thinking a drone type POV camera..
With no tailgating I think it would be OK.

The cases are tough and to some extent, sacrificial. I would use the sealed box rather than the skeleton case (sound is crap anyway) and mine are old (2 x Hero 2's), not that I'm looking for an excuse to replace them ... lol

For my use it wouldn't be an everyday position anyway - just a novelty / special event kind of thing :like:

Bit_the_Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
You want to tell him if the longer ones go on drivers side or passenger side? :)
Hey, I clearly implied I wasn't using my brain then, what makes you think I'm gonna use it now? :crackup:Kidding. I don't remember. Something makes me think the passenger side was longer, but I would hold it up and feel for the holes instead of fastening front and not getting back to align.

With no tailgating I think it would be OK.

The cases are tough and to some extent, sacrificial. I would use the sealed box rather than the skeleton case (sound is crap anyway) and mine are old (2 x Hero 2's), not that I'm looking for an excuse to replace them ... lol

For my use it wouldn't be an everyday position anyway - just a novelty / special event kind of thing :like:

Thems gotta be some serious suction cups eh?
Although I know savagegeese, when they go to Autobahn in Chicago, put up legit Nikon (or whatever brand they got) cameras, like the big bulky things and it doesn't move, so I'm guessing the authorities on video/pics probably got the mounts figured out.

Sponsored

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Finally painted calipers.
PXL_20220413_194442724.jpg
PXL_20220413_202826483.jpg

Last edited:

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
The ones I bought have smoked lens, and are about the same brightness as the bulb was.
I have a grey car, lots of black accents - so smoked were my goto.
You have pics of these? I'm looking for a smoked/black lens taillight assembly myself!

19gtMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aj
Vehicle(s)
19 Gt premium
Finished it yesterday but got the opportunity to post the results today.. I changed out my hood heat extractors, or hood vents. I had the Carbon fiber ones on there. But i recently noticed a spot where the clear was lifting. So i decided to change them out with the Roush style heat extractor set. That was a fun little job. I like the look... The only thing i wish is that they were gloss and not flat. I might see about wrapping them in gloss vinyl later on.

CF Hood vents.jpg

Roush Vents.jpg

Roush Vents2.jpg

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Finished it yesterday but got the opportunity to post the results today.. I changed out my hood heat extractors, or hood vents. I had the Carbon fiber ones on there. But i recently noticed a spot where the clear was lifting. So i decided to change them out with the Roush style heat extractor set. That was a fun little job. I like the look... The only thing i wish is that they were gloss and not flat. I might see about wrapping them in gloss vinyl later on.

CF Hood vents.jpg

Roush Vents.jpg

Roush Vents2.jpg
Can you post the link for the heat extractors, please?
Is that an aftermarket steering wheel or a cover?