Sponsored

What did you do to your Mach 1 today

kb19

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350r, mach 1
Mewant leather steering wheel cover. Custom ordered green with green stitching (camera lighting makes it look real) to match the EG exterior. Now girth is as thick as current BMW M steering wheels.

image000000(2)~2-01.jpeg
Sponsored

2BigPups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2013 F-150
Yes. A spare tire and jack. Auto Authority has a wheel that will fit over the the large 6 piston Brembos, yet will still fit in the trunk wheel well.

I have had too many flat tires in the wrong place and at the wrong time to be with out a spare.

I spent close to 2 hours stranded waiting for a hook with my 2013 Boss when a piece of metal slit the rear tire.
The supplied tire goo and compressor did nothing but make a big mess.
Never again.
Had a chance to run the south oval/road course at NHMS in Loudon. On the third lap I ran over on track debris and blew the left rear tire on the straight at over 100 mph. There was no way the inflator goo would patch the large gash in the tire. Luckily I only live 30 min away and my wonderful bride was willing to bring my spare set of tires/rims to my rescue.

Yeah, the tire goo and compressor is for very minor punctures only.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
After receiving Skye, I had the car covered in PPF. I've been grateful for the coverage and how that project worked out.

While familiar with traditional waxes, I was not educated in other products, like user-applied paint or PPF sealers. I'd started off with several Chemical Guys products and selected Jet Seal to seal the PPF.

Jet Seal applied easily and produced a good finish. No issues. Unfortunately, like so many CG products, its staying power was less than desired. After only two or three washes with a pH neutral soap, the product dropped-off markedly.

I began to question if I was applying the product correctly. By the label, I was. I witnessed like results on a non-PPF vehicle. So I pulled back, began looking for 1) a better product, 2) one that was designed not only to be PPF-friendly, but to specifically protect PPF.

XPEL does make a PPF sealer and I studied that product. I then began looking into Gyeon's offering. What I liked about Gyeon is they not only offer a PPF sealer, but a PPF wash. I bought and have been using both for the last few weeks.

https://gyeonquartzusa.com/product/ppf-wash/

https://gyeonusa.com/products/q2m-ppf-maintain

Gyeon PPF Wash is a decontaminating wash. One of the references I found advised that, being a mild dcon soap, it should be used every six to eight weeks or less. Following the instructions, I used the soap without issue. I did not experience any paint "bleeding" like you might see in other decon examples. But I did notice during the rinse that the paint/PPF appeared different. Water and light seemed to reflect greater, being more luminescent. In ways that told me the paint/PPF had been deconned and/or the product was having a positive effect.

I later used Gyeon PPF Maintain. PPF maintain is a sealer. The instructions are simple: 1) shake the bottle, 2)spray a modest amount on a clean microfiber towel, 3) rub onto the PPF, 4) keep rubbing. The product will dry and "slick" up. That's it. No hazing. No residue. No nothing. Just slick.

And after a few weeks and a few washes, while the CG product would have already faded, the Gyeon product has yet to do so. The Gyeon product is wearing better, protecting better and appearing better, longer.

One CG product I am still using is their Meticulous Matte Wash or soap. I'd been concerned of some soaps and how they'd impact the matte decal on the hood. I also wanted something that was simple soap. No image enhancers, waxes, silicones or other additives. When not using the PPF Wash, I'll continue to use the Meticulous Matte soap. But as I run out of that product, I will study and consider others reviewed by Members here.

skye body 001.jpg

skye body 002.jpg

skye body 003.jpg

skye body 004.jpg

Last edited:

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Chin track days at Mid Ohio. I did the two day Monday and Tuesday and wound up burning 90 gallons of E85. That equates to about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of actual on track time. I can now tell you just exactly how long it takes to burn through a set of cup2’s!!

IMG_6755.jpeg

IMG_6749.jpeg

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
Chin track days at Mid Ohio. I did the two day Monday and Tuesday and wound up burning 90 gallons of E85. That equates to about 5 1/2 to 6 hours of actual on track time. I can now tell you just exactly how long it takes to burn through a set of cup2’s!!
Hmm, I'll have to see how long mine last. Saving them exclusively for the track. Well, I put 100 street miles on them.

So you don't need the Gurney flap on at Mid Ohio?

Sponsored

TRDFurgesson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
22 Mach1 N0426, 22 Bronco Wildtrak 2dr, 92 Yota 4x
Vehicle Showcase
Hmm, I'll have to see how long mine last. Saving them exclusively for the track. Well, I put 100 street miles on them.

So you don't need the Gurney flap on at Mid Ohio?
It didn’t seem like I did need the flap since I’m rocksolid in the corners. I have Steeda’s adjustable sway bars with a Steeda dual rate magna ride Springs and the magna ride controller. Stop the hop kit road course edition, and camber arms and plates. I am at the stiffest on the rear bar and the second from the softest on the front bar. She rotates well but I would prefer her to be a bit more loose. I am running what Steeda recommends for track settings -3° in the front and -2° in the back for Camber about 2 1/2 to 3° tow in for the rear and about a half a degree toe out on the front tires. It must be working well because I had lots of guys coming up to ask me what kind of tire I was running and all about the car.

mustang5o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Oxford White Mach 1 Handling Pack
It didn’t seem like I did need the flap since I’m rocksolid in the corners. I have Steeda’s adjustable sway bars with a Steeda dual rate magna ride Springs and the magna ride controller. Stop the hop kit road course edition, and camber arms and plates. I am at the stiffest on the rear bar and the second from the softest on the front bar. She rotates well but I would prefer her to be a bit more loose. I am running what Steeda recommends for track settings -3° in the front and -2° in the back for Camber about 2 1/2 to 3° tow in for the rear and about a half a degree toe out on the front tires. It must be working well because I had lots of guys coming up to ask me what kind of tire I was running and all about the car.
Good to know. I'm planning on keeping my car stock for a while. I have the Gurney flap off for street driving but plan to run it on track. Will see how it goes. The Manual does state it might not be needed for tracks with corners that are less than 70mph.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
After receiving Skye, I had the car covered in PPF. I've been grateful for the coverage and how that project worked out.

While familiar with traditional waxes, I was not educated in other products, like user-applied paint or PPF sealers. I'd started off with several Chemical Guys products and selected Jet Seal to seal the PPF.

Jet Seal applied easily and produced a good finish. No issues. Unfortunately, like so many CG products, its staying power was less than desired. After only two or three washes with a pH neutral soap, the product dropped-off markedly.

I began to question if I was applying the product correctly. By the label, I was. I witnessed like results on a non-PPF vehicle. So I pulled back, began looking for 1) a better product, 2) one that was designed not only to be PPF-friendly, but to specifically protect PPF.

XPEL does make a PPF sealer and I studied that product. I then began looking into Gyeon's offering. What I liked about Gyeon is they not only offer a PPF sealer, but a PPF wash. I bought and have been using both for the last few weeks.

https://gyeonquartzusa.com/product/ppf-wash/

https://gyeonusa.com/products/q2m-ppf-maintain

Gyeon PPF Wash is a decontaminating wash. One of the references I found advised that, being a mild dcon soap, it should be used every six to eight weeks or less. Following the instructions, I used the soap without issue. I did not experience any paint "bleeding" like you might see in other decon examples. But I did notice during the rinse that the paint/PPF appeared different. Water and light seemed to reflect greater, being more luminescent. In ways that told me the paint/PPF had been deconned and/or the product was having a positive effect.

I later used Gyeon PPF Maintain. PPF maintain is a sealer. The instructions are simple: 1) shake the bottle, 2)spray a modest amount on a clean microfiber towel, 3) rub onto the PPF, 4) keep rubbing. The product will dry and "slick" up. That's it. No hazing. No residue. No nothing. Just slick.

And after a few weeks and a few washes, while the CG product would have already faded, the Gyeon product has yet to do so. The Gyeon product is wearing better, protecting better and appearing better, longer.

One CG product I am still using is their Meticulous Matte Wash or soap. I'd been concerned of some soaps and how they'd impact the matte decal on the hood. I also wanted something that was simple soap. No image enhancers, waxes, silicones or other additives. When not using the PPF Wash, I'll continue to use the Meticulous Matte soap. But as I run out of that product, I will study and consider others reviewed by Members here.

skye body 001.jpg

skye body 002.jpg

skye body 003.jpg

skye body 004.jpg
If you want a PPF specific ceramic coating, there are a few options out there: Carpro CQuartz Skin, Gtechniq Halo and Gyeon Q2 PPF. Just thought I’d mention it if you’re looking for something that lasts longer than a spray sealant.

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
If you want a PPF specific ceramic coating, there are a few options out there: Carpro CQuartz Skin, Gtechniq Halo and Gyeon Q2 PPF. Just thought I’d mention it if you’re looking for something that lasts longer than a spray sealant.
Thank You. I agree.

I've looked into two of those products. I believe in the items you mentioned. I'm not sure I can provide the best setting to apply them though. I'd like to be in a clean, stable environment for a solid 24-36 hours. Fall might be the best time.

Last edited:

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Thank You. I agree.

I've looked into two of those products. I believe in the items you mentioned. I'm not sure I can provide the best setting to apply them though. I'd like to be in a clean, stable environment for a solid 24-36 hours. Fall might be the best time.
Totally get it. Happy to share what I did as far as garage setup when I did my coating if you’re interested.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Last edited:

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Happy to share what I did as far as garage setup when I did my coating if you’re interested.
Maybe make a post (in the appropriate forum area) as I could see this being helpful for many people.
^. I think posting any insight when you have time would be great. Thanks again.

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
Finally got around to waxing it.

This one seems to have pretty decent paint. My recent FJG one, not so much. Had a few flat spots.

EDIT TO ADD: I’ve bought 4 new V-8 stangs since late fall of 2020, three of them in the last 6 months. Still have the first one, a ‘20 GT convertible and this one. They have all been wonderful cars. But damn if I don’t just love this one!

IMG_3499.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: