Sponsored

What did you do to your GT350 today?

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
Some personal observations on Oil-Air Separators. Installed FP, both sides, on my '19 with less than 200 miles on it. The driver's side is always bone dry. All oil has been collected from the passenger's side.

First oil change was at 1650 miles:
Left is 2K after oil change - 30 ml = 1 oz.
Center is 4K after oil change - 45 ml = 1.5 oz.
Right is 6K after oil change - 40 ml = 1.35 oz.

6K miles after oil change the oil level on the dipstick is at the 75% mark of the hashed area. Close enough to full not to mess with it.

According to the Oil-Life Monitor I'm about 1500 miles from the next oil change. Basically no oil consumption issues with this K-block so far. :fingerscrossed:
IMG_4601.JPG
That's awesome! I did my first oil change at 1085 and now I'm at 5646 (so about 4.5k miles). My app says I'm at 25% oil life. Yes, I did reset the monitor after the first oil change.

I wait until 190ºF engine oil temp before I go past 4k RPM and always stay above 3k after that. Pretty much never use 6th gear. I get about ~12 MPG as a daily driver with an 8 mile (one way) commute.

What's your driving style? I'm curious.

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
That's awesome! I did my first oil change at 1085 and now I'm at 5646 (so about 4.5k miles). My app says I'm at 25% oil life. Yes, I did reset the monitor after the first oil change.

I wait until 190ºF engine oil temp before I go past 4k RPM and always stay above 3k after that. Pretty much never use 6th gear. I get about ~12 MPG as a daily driver with an 8 mile (one way) commute.

What's your driving style? I'm curious.
So you're on track to get about 6000 miles out of that oil change. I think the manual says the best you can hope for is 7500. How long has that oil been in there? (the Oil Life Monitor is a combination of time and mileage).

Like you, my oil temp is 175+ before it ever sees 3K, and 190+ before it goes higher. I daily mine also but my commute is about 30 miles one way, so I'm a bigger fan of 6th to keep my gas budget under control. While I love to hear her snarl at other motorists in 5th, getting about 22 MPG per tankful also makes me happy.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
So you're on track to get about 6000 miles out of that oil change. I think the manual says the best you can hope for is 7500. How long has that oil been in there? (the Oil Life Monitor is a combination of time and mileage).

Like you, my oil temp is 175+ before it ever sees 3K, and 190+ before it goes higher. I daily mine also but my commute is about 30 miles one way, so I'm a bigger fan of 6th to keep my gas budget under control. While I love to hear her snarl at other motorists in 5th, getting about 22 MPG per tankful also makes me happy.
I got the oil change done on Aug 15th.

22 MPG?! Wow, maybe I should change my driving style. Thanks for the info!

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
While I love to hear her snarl at other motorists in 5th, getting about 22 MPG per tankful also makes me happy.
That’s funny!
My wife gets about 22mpg from her Subaru Forester XT. She has a lead foot.

Sponsored

subbz

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Performance Pack Level 2
I think somebody slipped and fell into the wrong thread...
@subbz why did you change your whole front end and everything to look like the new GT? Seems like a lot of work and expense. (Hahahaha Haha)
Whoops! I wasnt paying attention and accidentally slipped into the gt350 thread :cwl:. This is why you read everything kids and not just skim it! In consolation the PPL2 is like a baby gt350 right? Right?!?? :facepalm::crying:

Sponsored

Voodoo Velocity

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 / 2016 Acura RLX Sport Hybrid
So you're on track to get about 6000 miles out of that oil change. I think the manual says the best you can hope for is 7500. How long has that oil been in there? (the Oil Life Monitor is a combination of time and mileage)..
As with most oil change monitors, it also factors in time, not just mileage. I have 1900 miles on my 10 month old GT350. My monitor reads 20%. I noticed it drops about 10% each month even if not driven. Makes sense as most recommend annual oil changes if mileage threshold recommendations are not met.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
As with most oil change monitors, it also factors in time, not just mileage. I have 1900 miles on my 10 month old GT350. My monitor reads 20%. I noticed it drops about 10% each month even if not driven. Makes sense as most recommend annual oil changes if mileage threshold recommendations are not met.
Ford's iOLM will drop from 100% to 0% (basically 2% a week) just sitting, and never starting the engine.

huskeee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
gt350
Installed some stripes to my stripe delete 18. I thought it looked awesome stripeless but looks even better now. Didnt do the pinstripes and love it that way.
Off to install the LMR seat delete and then I will take some better photos
Screenshot_20200205-194144_Gallery.jpg

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Installed some stripes to my stripe delete 18. I thought it looked awesome stripeless but looks even better now. Didnt do the pinstripes and love it that way.
Off to install the LMR seat delete and then I will take some better photos
Screenshot_20200205-194144_Gallery.jpg
I like that. White is the only color I personally don't like without stripes. AND, I have painted on stripes on my bucketlist, and when I get around to that, I was seriously considering dropping the black (or any other color) pinstripe outline.
Sponsored