Sponsored

What car has the most obnoxious drivers when you drive your S550.

Deleted member

Not gonna pick a certain brand here because theres asshats driving everything. Mine has got to be people doing the speed limit in the left lanes of the highway!!! How the f*** do you not notice that there's open road in front of you and a massive line of cars behind you! Do they all think that there gonna be a cop and control the flow of traffic? And don't say that they're all oblivious, they see you in their mirror and holding everyone back makes them feel empowered i guess? It just causes more traffic and angers the drivers behind them. I'm a firm believer that if more states had slowpoke laws, and cops were pulling over those people instead of speeders that the road would be a safer place.

Oh gotta add one more thing MERGING ON THE HIGHWAY. Why do people think its ok to be getting on the highway at 40mph???? Like "oh i have my blinker on they have to let me in"

Also the drivers test is a complete joke that needs to be harder, there needs to be more behind the wheel tests required every X amount of years that should go up exponentially over the age of 70. There's way to many damn seniors on the road that shouldn't be because their kids are afraid to take their licenses away and have to care for their parents.
Sponsored

RugbyRef

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Good thread here! I guess for me - putting aside all the goofballs on their phones and just plain crappy driving - it comes down to what most of you had already mentioned...someone wanting to race or go faster than me when I'm in my car. For some reason, all the ricer's (can I even say that here?), German-made cars, etc. will either pull alongside, or at the stop light, want to compete to see who's faster. No thanks! The minute I stand on the throttle is the exact moment one of the goofballs (mentioned above) will forget they're actually driving and veer into my lane...Murphy's Law.

And to the original point of this thread - who do I think are the most obnoxious drivers out there? As said before...the tool's with the lifted trucks who think they own the roads. Tailgating, rollin' coal, trying to force their way into traffic when there's no room, crossing over the center line coming around a bend in the road, etc. I live in the country and have seen it all, and have had to help folks after some particularly bad accidents involving the aforementioned vehicles. But...I guess you could say this about anybody who drives whatever car they have. It all comes down to paying attention to what you're doing at ALL times behind the wheel.

And...in the interest of full disclosure...my DD is a 2017 Ford F350 Diesel with a 4" lift and 37's all around. I have not deleted anything so no "rollin' coal" for me!

Cheers!

Ghost50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Magnetic Metallic GT PP1
And we both know how many paper tag drivers there are in Houston..... These and the people in a Prius. They always find a way to cut me off.
lol the paper tag thing is amazing. It seems like every shitbox on the road has one.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Not gonna pick a certain brand here because theres asshats driving everything. Mine has got to be people doing the speed limit in the left lanes of the highway!!! How the f*** do you not notice that there's open road in front of you and a massive line of cars behind you! Do they all think that there gonna be a cop and control the flow of traffic? And don't say that they're all oblivious, they see you in their mirror and holding everyone back makes them feel empowered i guess? It just causes more traffic and angers the drivers behind them. I'm a firm believer that if more states had slowpoke laws, and cops were pulling over those people instead of speeders that the road would be a safer place.

Also the drivers test is a complete joke that needs to be harder, there needs to be more behind the wheel tests required every X amount of years that should go up exponentially over the age of 70. There's way to many damn seniors on the road that shouldn't be because their kids are afraid to take their licenses away and have to care for their parents.
I'm with you 100% in regards to seniors and I'm one of them. I know I do not have the reflexes I had when i was younger so I compensate and slow down when needed. We have a lot of seniors around where I live and they are not only obnoxious but sometimes downright dangerous.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
The minivan drivers might be partly backlash. A co-worker and I both had minivans for a few years when our kids were growing up. Our wives had them on weekdays but we hauled our families around on weekends and used them for vacations, etc. We both noticed immediately that aggressive drivers were more likely to "bully" us when driving the minivans compared to our other vehicles. He had a short temper and several incidents of heated arguments with other drivers. Nothing ever escalated to fighting or even getting out of the car (fortunately) but he said it only happened in the minivan. He once screamed a long profanity laced tirade at a car that had its windows down when his wife and kids were along. The way they looked at him afterwards made him decide to tone it way down after that, lol.

Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
The minivan drivers might be partly backlash. A co-worker and I both had minivans for a few years when our kids were growing up. Our wives had them on weekdays but we hauled our families around on weekends and used them for vacations, etc. We both noticed immediately that aggressive drivers were more likely to "bully" us when driving the minivans compared to our other vehicles. He had a short temper and several incidents of heated arguments with other drivers. Nothing ever escalated to fighting or even getting out of the car (fortunately) but he said it only happened in the minivan. He once screamed a long profanity laced tirade at a car that had its windows down when his wife and kids were along. The way they looked at him afterwards made him decide to tone it way down after that, lol.
I can understand this. A buddy of mine at work has an m3. I took him for a wild ride in the 5.0 and we had a good time with no issues. He then took me out in the m3 and every american truck and old beater around pulled out right in front of him. It almost seemed intentional as if they screaming "M'ERICA bitches!" While doing it. :cwl:

Deleted member

I'm with you 100% in regards to seniors and I'm one of them. I know I do not have the reflexes I had when i was younger so I compensate and slow down when needed. We have a lot of seniors around where I live and they are not only obnoxious but sometimes downright dangerous.
And I'm all for seniors having their license, if you're still safe to be on the road then have at it, but the regulation making sure that they are safe to drive needs to be there.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I can understand this. A buddy of mine at work has an m3. I took him for a wild ride in the 5.0 and we had a good time with no issues. He then took me out in the m3 and every american truck and old beater around pulled out right in front of him. It almost seemed intentional as if they screaming "M'ERICA bitches!" While doing it. :cwl:
Let those idiots know that BMW employs 8800 people at their factory in Greer, SC
And checkout all of these BMW's being loading onto ships in Charleston for "Export".
upload_2019-8-14_12-24-43.png

Last edited:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Anyone driving a Chrysler vehicle, probably without insurance because that's who most of those vehicles cater to with the older shitty Avengers, Chargers, old 300's, 200's, etc. Also, BMW drivers. They are just straight up assholes. Nothing else can explain it better. Tesla drivers are beginning to move up there too because they think they're better than everyone because they drive an electric car. It's pretty annoying.

boos550t

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Premium GT PP Old : 2017 Base GT PP 2015 EB Premium PP @ismgt
I had some WRX 2-step launch next to me....in rush hour traffic.

I'm just sitting here like wtf is this guy doing?

Sponsored

Sivi70980

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT PP1 M6
Anyone and everyone. Driving is so much nicer and safer when nobody else is on the road. But to really answer, seems like the cars vary quite a bit as far as people going 5 under in an area where they can't be passed. Last night it was a Toyota Tacoma. Price to pay to avoid the freeway though so I just sit back and enjoy the comfy ride and follow about 3 seconds back while the person behind me goes insane.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
Around where I live it's mostly Audi, BMW, VW TDI's. The Audi's and Beamers are driven by people with a huge sense of entitlement. The VW's are driven by a younger demographic. Likely future Audi drivers but at the moment they can't afford one. The douchbaggieness is strong in this triad. What I don't understand is this "German" engineering. They have not been able to design a working turn signal for any of these cars.
We don't need turn signals. You are supposed to stay out of our way!:crackup:

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
For me it has been Focus ST's and Challengers, I have had four encounters in 2 months:

Yellow ST on the opposite side of the street at a light, revving to the moon upon seeing me pull up to the light, then using launch control on the green.

Black ST came beside me very quickly (i'm turning left, they went straight) and let off boost to let their BOV poof in my general direction.

Silver ST caught up to me through traffic to get beside me at the red light on a fairly deserted stretch of road, and that one was clearly stock because I pulled a bus length on him before reaching the 55 MPH speed limit on the road after it turned green.

Teal 392 Challenger saw me from the opposite side of the road and burned the tires all the way during his left turn to catch up to me in traffic, and continuously revved, shooting through traffic, and I would pull up next to him at every light just doing the speed limit.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Every time somebody on their phone almost sideswipes me, they're in a Prius. Every time.

It can't be coincidence.
For me this is Subaru Outback every time. One time my brakes saved my ass. I don't know how I didn't hit that person when they came over.
Sponsored