Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Air Cooled Twins by Comp Turbo
If you send him an email, he will answer it within minutes.
^^^^ This. I sent him one on a sunday evening expecting an answer the next day or so. And he answered within 10 minutes. I was huh? That was to quick must be a robot emailing me. But no it was Daryl. Great tuning great company!!
Sponsored

J17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I’m also joining the Wengerd club! He’s tuning my stage 2 whipple with my Magnum XL swap. Responsiveness is outstanding. Had my RTD device two days after paying. The base tune was in my inbox in under 30 after sending him my info.

The car should be back on the road within the next week. Then the painful 500 mile break-in of the trans and clutch. When I’m ready to log he’ll send me configuration files to load into the HP Tuners VCM Scanner software. Looking forward to ripping on this thing!

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Sponsored

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I told him a couple of weeks ago to get some sleep.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Good idea .................
wave4.gif
sleepy.gif

Scar_50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
It took Wengerd 7 tune revisions to get my Whipple Gen 5 dialed in. Engine is nothing fancy, just a Gen 5 with OPG's. This is far from a knock on Wengerd....rather a rebuttal to the "rubbish" comment. It's not a given that a tune is solid after the first or second try. I probably emailed back and forth with Wengerd 50 times (literally) working to get the car dialed in. I had Daryle working overtime, and he did not disappoint. Maybe it was "good enough" after 4 or 5 revisions, but he kept updating the tune until it was to HIS satisfaction. I rest easy knowing I have a car that runs safely at full potential. It's silly how good and stupid fast these cars are with FI and good tuning!

Pardon me, can you spare some change for gas....
Super late to this conversation but I concur with this. On my 6th revision with Wengerd on my 18 Odin GT. Daryle is a hard worker. We are close to the perfection everyone else is raving about after weeks of bad luck from vacuum leaks, to parts breaking, to parts being lost in shipment, to wrong parts being sent- Wengerd has been patient with us! I think we are just about there. Very satisfied!

Scar_50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats on the odin kit win. I would say upgrade your cooling mods. Vmp makes a nice engine bay ice tank for the odin kit.
C5D4BC03-D0E1-46C7-8D89-B33327892647.jpeg

larr12

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alberto
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
After reading this thread and asking @Wengerd Performance a few questions, Im gonna go with his tuning. Plan is to start with a Steeda closed CAI, headers in a few months and a Vortech from Beefcake next summer.

And yes, Darryl answer the emails within minutes. Great customer service

Sponsored

Wengerd Performance

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wengerdperformance.com
First Name
Derel
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Whipple 15 Mustang GT TT 18 F150 VMP ODIN
While most tunes are very dialed in on even the first and second revision some cars are just different. We do have a very tight margin with our datalogs.

Something can be very close to perfect like timing and fuel trims but we still review the datalogs and get it as close as possible to perfection. That's how I always tune my personal cars and choose to do the same with customer cars.

JG24_GT350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johnny
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I’m currently working with Daryl on my Odin GT350 and he has been very responsive and am on my second revision. Car felt very good after the first revision but like it was stated he likes things as close to perfect as he can get so I will keep sending him data logs to tweak and refine.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
I’m currently working with Daryl on my Odin GT350 and he has been very responsive and am on my second revision. Car felt very good after the first revision but like it was stated he likes things as close to perfect as he can get so I will keep sending him data logs to tweak and refine.
Most of these big name tuners cater more to the track guys with $$$. Why? Because they will get time slips that helps to sell their services.
Guys with street cars? Get behind the guys that go to the track as they get the most attention. With Wengerd Performance it is different. So happy this car is under Daryls watch!!

OP
OP
schmeky

schmeky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Black Dog,

100% agreed. The bigger fish tuners tend to loose the fact that it's the little things in a tune that separate good from outstanding. We should not have to tolerate shortcomings unless we are told up front, before we spent the coin.

My Wengerd tuned 2018 is perfect under any driving condition, part throttle, trailing throttle, tip in, WOT, cruising, you name it. No surging, no start-up issues, nothing.

It makes the car a thrill to drive all the time. In the past 4,000 miles with my Procharger and the Wengerd tune, 2018 has never thrown a single code.

Trans works ideally for me as well. Wengerd is talented and dedicated. I would never use anyone else.

Black Dog

Looking For Trouble
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
Black Dog,

100% agreed. The bigger fish tuners tend to loose the fact that it's the little things in a tune that separate good from outstanding. We should not have to tolerate shortcomings unless we are told up front, before we spent the coin.

My Wengerd tuned 2018 is perfect under any driving condition, part throttle, trailing throttle, tip in, WOT, cruising, you name it. No surging, no start-up issues, nothing.

It makes the car a thrill to drive all the time. In the past 4,000 miles with my Procharger and the Wengerd tune, 2018 has never thrown a single code.

Trans works ideally for me as well. Wengerd is talented and dedicated. I would never use anyone else.
Exactly. They all say OMG my car is so fast look at my time slip. And that is true.
What they don't tell you is the drivability issues. There is give n take with these cars. You want a fast track car? You want a fast street car that runs without glitches? Very hard to have both. Bigger injectors seem to make the street ability an issue. Also as myself with a custom turbo twin kit it is challenging for tuners. MAF sensor in a different position (I know it is not called MAF anymore but cannot remember the name) can cause unwanted symptoms.
Worked with Daryl and he smoothed things out.
Also I like the fact that he and I have almost the same setup. As well as I don't feel like just another number waiting in line with the Bigger Fish tuners.
Many times I would send a data log to the bigger fish tuners and they would often tell me as well my friends. "Data looks great" BUT it wasn't. Lazy burned out tuner comes to mind.
Wengerd Performance is a breath of fresh air with tuning. :thumbsup:
Sponsored