Sponsored

Well hell I tried - Interior chrome delete

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Well yea, my car is completely blacked out in engine and appearance … then there was the chrome city interior ruining my thang …I tried …put the carbon fiber overlays did some wrapping and the chrome is all basically gone … but I am just not sure.
I wish somebody did these overlays in a satin black .. not a huge fan of carbon fiber but I HATE chrome so I either leave it like this or painfully remove everything and satin black it all …

Opinions please ! should I leave what I did or satin black paint everything ?

IMG_0729.jpeg
Sponsored

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I think black and chrome interiors typically look classy. This is too dark for my taste. I don't really like the carbon fiber styling either but I am wondering what the chrome parts would look like being either gloss black or perhaps a bronze color?
OP its your car so do what you like. :) Opinions on the internet should not sway your decision on your vehicle.

black22gt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Trigger
Vehicle(s)
2022 mustang gt
That pretty cool! Thank you for doing this! I was wondering what itd look like with no chrome in there shortly after delivery, and this answers it for me, i now know that i personally like the chrome better. So that isn't helpful to you, but it was to me, so thank you for that!

I would say go for black if the CF look ain't doing it for you. Personally I'm not a fan of the CF look, so that's where I'd go next next if i was in your shoes. The bronze idea was another good line of thinking, not sure if you may have a diff metal or color you like much better.

MarkM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
I did something similar, hate chrome, just no place for it in or on a modern car!
5spurs armrest is perfect for covering the cup holders, functional as well

OP
OP
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I think black and chrome interiors typically look classy. This is too dark for my taste. I don't really like the carbon fiber styling either but I am wondering what the chrome parts would look like being either gloss black or perhaps a bronze color?
OP its your car so do what you like. :) Opinions on the internet should not sway your decision on your vehicle.
Glad to see people are saying “ too dark” cause then I attained my goal! I was thinking not dark enough lol … as my car is blacked out/ Murdered ..bronze sounds like a horrible idea to me but to each their own !

Sponsored

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Only thing that is throwing me off a bit is the gloss black on the steering wheel. I know there isn’t a CF overlay for that ring on the airbag but that being gloss black with everything else on the wheel being CF is throwing my OCD for a loop. Maybe CF vinyl (if it will adhere properly)? Other than that I like the darker interior look

OP
OP
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
Only thing that is throwing me off a bit is the gloss black on the steering wheel. I know there isn’t a CF overlay for that ring on the airbag but that being gloss black with everything else on the wheel being CF is throwing my OCD for a loop. Maybe CF vinyl (if it will adhere properly)? Other than that I like the darker interior look
This is hilarious brother , me too …when I looked at the pictures thought the exact same thing today and removed it and painted it satin black. Now it matches with steering wheel. I’ll get some pics ..

Sponsored

BEERCHAMP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
I didn't like the GT/CS rims either, so I put on 20" Foose Legends, chrome gas cap lid and chrome 'CUBs' sticker-LOL! Go Cubs

Ramairetransam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 s550
looks better blacked out with the fake cf. im in the same boat as you i hate the silver or polished or whatever the stock look is . either way its better with what you did .

OP
OP
Gargoyle

Gargoyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang PP1
I might just take the CF overlays and paint them satin black … or take off CF and take every original piece that’s silver and paint satin black. Unsure at this point … but feel good the chrome/silver is gone…

MACHtobers Very Own

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang MACH 1
I'm anti chrome as well. Don't like it one bit.
I did some pieces. I bought cheap Amazon fake carbon fiber and satin blacked them. Plans for future are

-new steering wheel pieces (where you get the ring at??))

-door handles and pulls. I'm waiting to see if dark horse which has factory black will transfer over.

BBA03FA8-B4D9-42DA-A98B-2254464B43F3.jpeg

IMG_4655.jpeg

IMG_4632.jpeg

IMG_4634.jpeg
Sponsored