Well… F$@k!

jayhoogs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jayson
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 HP
For reference, I was in an accident about 1.5 years ago in my ecoboost and the damage included less than this. Front bumper, one fender, hood, and one headlight which I know is expensive. But this one also includes a door and rear quarter which is way more work. The rear quarter goes up over the side window and is fused to roof panel making it quite difficult to repair. The repair on mine cost around $11k, so I could see this repair easily being more like $18-20k. I would be VERY surprised if insurance doesn’t total it.
Sponsored

Qcman17

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cam
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10 Velocity Blue 301A
I was also thinking of installing a system that tosses paint into the blind spot. This would coat any invisible vehicles, so this shit doesn’t happen again. I’ll probably patent it and make millions. 😂
Good idea just don’t use red as that colour is your kryptonite. :) Sorry about your car I hope it all works out.

stannypack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Make sure to get those little convex mirrors, they let you see everything for like 3 bucks. I've never had to turn my neck to check anything ever

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
did you get a ticket
I did not. The officer gave me a warning for improper lane change. That's unusual, in my experience. I live in SC and have a SC plate on the car. GA law enforcement usually has no mercy for out of state drivers, since most out of state drivers don't fight tickets, they just pay them.

5doorsoffury

Threads
Reaction score
a forsaken branch of the wavefunction called ny,
First Name
this guy
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt
After reading thru this thread it amazes me how many people came into these threads to dump on OP because he "didn't turn his head" or some other elietist bull shit. I have seen a few of these people particularly in this thread that do this a lot.

i had a recent accident and it was 100% there fault. I wanted to post about it but the turd burglars would come in and start flicking my dingleberries just so they can read their own posts and lol.

OP wants to talk about damages and what could come from this ( and to feel better) and trolls like to talk about OP's driving skills lol. I hope the best for OP and the haters i hope they post up when it's their turn to have accident.

god this place is filled with so many grandpas ffs... Have you seen the meme thread??? Half the thread is filled with old people jokes that make no sense or meme templates that are a decade old like the raptor or baby fist with umbrella pattern backgrounds, ALIENS template or idk the drunk guy against the white wall... at least i haven't seen a penguin yet... it's just so many crusty people telling you just how you did it wrong and how it was done better in there day.

You can tell how many old people there are by starting a thread called POLITICS and see how fast it gets locked...

P.S the OP told you what happened he could of lied so he didn't get shit so imagine all the crap posted on here that IS a lie to save face... /rant

Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
the OP told you what happened he could of lied so he didn't get shit so imagine all the crap posted on here that IS a lie to save face... /rant
Some might think it is constructive criticism. Not flaming.

We know what gen you are from.........

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I would hope they total it. I would never want to drive a car that required as much repair work as this one will to make it "road worthy" again.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I looked at the pics again. It looks to be all sheet metal damage. Should be just fine repaired.

Cost is the question.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
After reading thru this thread it amazes me how many people came into these threads to dump on OP because he "didn't turn his head" or some other elietist bull shit. I have seen a few of these people particularly in this thread that do this a lot.

i had a recent accident and it was 100% there fault. I wanted to post about it but the turd burglars would come in and start flicking my dingleberries just so they can read their own posts and lol.

OP wants to talk about damages and what could come from this ( and to feel better) and trolls like to talk about OP's driving skills lol. I hope the best for OP and the haters i hope they post up when it's their turn to have accident.

god this place is filled with so many grandpas ffs... Have you seen the meme thread??? Half the thread is filled with old people jokes that make no sense or meme templates that are a decade old like the raptor or baby fist with umbrella pattern backgrounds, ALIENS template or idk the drunk guy against the white wall... at least i haven't seen a penguin yet... it's just so many crusty people telling you just how you did it wrong and how it was done better in there day.

You can tell how many old people there are by starting a thread called POLITICS and see how fast it gets locked...

P.S the OP told you what happened he could of lied so he didn't get shit so imagine all the crap posted on here that IS a lie to save face... /rant
I appreciate the sentiments, but it’s all good. I have a thick skin and it’s the internet. I think most of the turning the head discussion wasn’t geared towards me specifically, but came about as a discussion regarding turning your head or using the convex mirrors, with some BLIS thrown in.

Some might think it is constructive criticism. Not flaming.

We know what gen you are from.........
Again, all good. Criticism is a good thing. It helps us learn, constructive or otherwise. If it’s criticism someone doesn’t want, they should ignore it.

I looked at the pics again. It looks to be all sheet metal damage. Should be just fine repaired.

Cost is the question.
I’m thinking the same regarding repairs. My superficial inspection on scene looked like nothing was bent or twisted on the frame/supports/whatever. Some have mentioned the quarter panel needing to be cut and welded if they can’t pull it.

As far as whether or not I’d want it after repair… it’s a daily driver and occasionally it gets run down the strip for fun. It’s not a show car. Hell, I don’t even park it so as to make sure it doesn’t get dinged or scratched. It’s a car.

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost
I haven't gotten the official word yet, but the damage estimate just showed up in my app. $28,231.50. Booooooo. After thinking about it over the last few days, I'm probably not going to get another Mustang for a while. I'm going to take the opportunity to try for a lower car payment plus, as we already know, my insurance premium is about to take a huge upswing.

Sponsored

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I haven't gotten the official word yet, but the damage estimate just showed up in my app. $28,231.50. Booooooo. After thinking about it over the last few days, I'm probably not going to get another Mustang for a while. I'm going to take the opportunity to try for a lower car payment plus, as we already know, my insurance premium is about to take a huge upswing.
With that estimate I’d say yeah, you have the official word!

OP
OP
Sariandan

Sariandan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang EcoBoost

Torched10

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt premium convertible. 2017 caddy xts vsport twin turbo.2011 caddy ext
I'd get another estimate.that number will total the car

young at heart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 GT vert A10 / 23 Mach 1 A10 / 23 Mach 1 Tremec
I'd get another estimate.that number will total the car
Torched, help me here a little.

You‘re not suggesting it would be a good idea for the OP to have the car repaired and keep it, are you?

Edit: Well, wait. Reading more closely maybe the OP is good with that. I assumed the hope was that it would be totaled. OK.

Last edited:

Grimreaper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
That's an adjuster throwing the book at the car. They had to assume and I'm guessing left rail was replaced and pulled the engine/ dash to get to that $28k on a first look. Plus an up and over for the qter replacement. Especially if no bags blown.

At the end of the day the carrier has final say if they total or not in most states.
Sponsored