Sponsored

We have a 1/4 mile time.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
With the no-lift shifting, better gearing and suspension, should be better than a Bullitt...can't wait to see
No lift shifting and launch control will make a huge difference. With the stock torque converter that auto launch sounded pretty weak. With some good tires on a 6 speed the hole shot alone might make up any difference the quicker shifting creates, especially if you keep the gas pedal pinned through all your shifts.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Madtel4

Madtel4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
21 MACH 1, HP 1064, 20 Ranger XLT & 20 Explorer ST
When I drag race a manual trans car, I always shift full throttle. Never had or needed a computer to help out.
Lee

Sponsored

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Shouldn't the HP Cup 2's help with 1/4 mile times?

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
Hmmm the way people talk about the Cup 2’s they make it sound like they’re glued to the road.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
When I drag race a manual trans car, I always shift full throttle. Never had or needed a computer to help out.
Lee
Yeah, there is no problem with that
Hmmm the way people talk about the Cup 2’s they make it sound like they’re glued to the road.
Well for road race application they really are top notch. It's just that drag racing is a different sport. 90% of drag racing is your launch and a good launch requires different characteristics out of a tire than road racing does. Many people who visit the drag strip frequently with cars they use for other applications have a separate set of rear rims and tires for it. The problem is that a lot of people seem to think that drag racing is as easy as "driving in a straight line." I guarantee you it isn't. It is a separate sport with its own nuances that requires its own set a tools.

Sponsored

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I'm curious what an A10 mach 1 would do with a set of drag radials and some skinnies up front. I'm guessing around 11.5-11.6 at about 121-122 mph

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
To explain why a good launch is so vital, basically shaving .1 second off of your 60' translates to .2 seconds off your ET in a 1/4 mile race. Each tenth of a second in the quarter is about 1 car length. What you want is a tire that collapses the sidewall when you launch to create more surface area (see pic below) then stands up tall at speed.
unnamed.jpg

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
I'm curious what an A10 mach 1 would do with a set of drag radials and some skinnies up front. I'm guessing around 11.5-11.6 at about 121-122 mph
Yeah, someone was saying that you can set up a trans brake with an aftermarket tune and I'm sure that would work crazy good with the A10, but I'm concerned because the A10 wasn't built with that application in mind and has a low stall converter from the factory. I certainly wouldn't want to do it too often. I'm fairly certain grenading your transmission isn't covered by warranty lol. That being said I definitely think mid 11s are definitely within reach with that setup.

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
Yeah, before I would use it I would get a built A10 with a higher stall convertor and some better axles and a stronger driveshaft. Then you could possibly be looking at low 11's on the stock engine/tune.

JFK9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Yeah, before I would use it I would get a built A10 with a higher stall convertor and some better axles and a stronger driveshaft. Then you could possibly be looking at low 11's on the stock engine/tune.
Yeah, that is the best idea. It's always a game of whack-a-mole chasing down the weak link ha ha. This car is pretty great for that, though. I feel that with a good drive shaft and axles the sky is the limit as far as drag racing goes. It's not like the engine needs a lot of work to make big numbers.
Sponsored