Sponsored

Waze Sync 3

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
If anyone is having any issues getting Waze to work on Sync 3, make sure you actually launch the app on your iPhone first then it will work. Took me a minute to figure that out.

I don't have the nav option, so I was using Apple Maps, but after updated to the latest Sync 3 OS, I have been using Waze and I find it fantastic!
Sponsored

mwoods

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT Convertible
I agree that Waze is far superior to Google maps. I have been using it for years, and thought I would like it on the larger screen, but I don’t. I have a windshield mount for my phone just above the center stack, and just link the phone for audio. If the phone could be dormant while Waze is running, I might be more likely to have it on the sync screen. But, I find it better to just run Waze on the phone, and use sync for music.

lawrencecar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost PP

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Have you guys noticed your phone getting really hot while running Waze through the Sync3 app? I think the fact that the phone has to be unlocked and the screen left on in order for Waze to work is part of the problem. Out of concern for my phone, I think I'll stick with Apple Maps until iOS 12 this fall allows Waze within CarPlay. It's a shame though because I definitely prefer Waze.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
All of my apps launch automatically, but I am using a Note 8. I've not noticed my phone getting even warm when running.

Fausted

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Caleb
Vehicle(s)
GT Prem
Have you guys noticed your phone getting really hot while running Waze through the Sync3 app? I think the fact that the phone has to be unlocked and the screen left on in order for Waze to work is part of the problem. Out of concern for my phone, I think I'll stick with Apple Maps until iOS 12 this fall allows Waze within CarPlay. It's a shame though because I definitely prefer Waze.
Matt,
I've noticed it gets pretty hot as well. I absolutely hate Apple maps though.. I've tried it here and there to see if there's been any improvements, but it just keeps letting me down. I've actually had better luck with the sync 3 build in nav. Going to give both a test on my 600 mile trip i'm leaving on tomorrow to the dragon. Like you, i'm just holding out until iOS 12 for google maps . Thank god.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
All of my apps launch automatically, but I am using a Note 8. I've not noticed my phone getting even warm when running.
Yeah, I'm talking about the iPhone Waze workaround that Ford has in the newest version of Sync3. Never had an issue with CarPlay making the phone warm.

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Matt,
I've noticed it gets pretty hot as well. I absolutely hate Apple maps though.. I've tried it here and there to see if there's been any improvements, but it just keeps letting me down. I've actually had better luck with the sync 3 build in nav. Going to give both a test on my 600 mile trip i'm leaving on tomorrow to the dragon. Like you, i'm just holding out until iOS 12 for google maps . Thank god.
Hopefully the iOS 12 release happens in early September like the rumors are suggesting. If that's the case we have only about 2 more months to wait.

Sponsored

UNtamed67

Silver Shadow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A couple...
Vehicle Showcase
Getting my Sync3 kit to swap out the Sync 2 on my 2015 model and the main reason is the upcoming waze support in IOS12. Of course having spotify in Dash will be fun as well.

gmupatriot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT (Orange Fury), 401A, A10, 3.55
OP, I am waiting for iOS 12 update so I can use Waze via Apple CarPlay. Using Waze via launching the app works but it does lag for me a bit and I feel it will be rather smooth once iOS integrates it fully with Sync 3.

I do notice that my iPhone 7 gets really hot when using Waze + plugged into charging.
Sponsored