HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
actually if you can get into waze's beta program you can get waze on sync 3.
I'm not understanding. Are you talking about a Waze beta for iOS or a beta for Waze to run on sync regardless of phone?
Sponsored

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I tried it on 18025, waze app still runs the same as it did before.. there was an update for waze today, didnt test it out on sync3..the speedometer digits are bigger now

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
I have waze through android auto on my 2018. But waze stops updating when my phone screen turns off after 30 seconds or so. Only way I can keep it updating (with speed, my location, turns etc) is to constantly tap the phone to keep the android auto screen from turning off on my phone. Effectively useless. My phone settings are to keep the screen on when plugged in so this is an android auto "feature".

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have waze through android auto on my 2018. But waze stops updating when my phone screen turns off after 30 seconds or so. Only way I can keep it updating (with speed, my location, turns etc) is to constantly tap the phone to keep the android auto screen from turning off on my phone. Effectively useless. My phone settings are to keep the screen on when plugged in so this is an android auto "feature".
Look on Waze under general settings there is an option to prevent phone lock

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Look on Waze under general settings there is an option to prevent phone lock
Thanks - yep, that is set. The issue seems to be with Android Auto no longer communicating with Sync3 when the screen goes dark. Android Auto on the phone is also set to stay on "Screen always on" - which simply doesn't work. I put in a support ticket with Google. This worked fine on a Chevy rental in November... Of course new versions of AA, Waze and a new car since then...

Is it working fine for others on a 2018 with Android Auto?

Sponsored

Bowen_Racing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah, 2018 here and no access to Waze yet.. bummer!

AngelDeath

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'20 Shelby GT500 Rapid Red / '01 Metallic Red C5 / '17 White Overland
Anyone that has sync 3.0 18025 AA and waze notice that when waze announces directions it lowers the volume down to 8 every time its done? The whole ride home today (first time using it), GPS volume is set to 10, my radio was set to 15, every time it announced instructions and was done the volume gets set to 8. utterly annoying.

jygoalkeeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Convertible
Thanks - yep, that is set. The issue seems to be with Android Auto no longer communicating with Sync3 when the screen goes dark. Android Auto on the phone is also set to stay on "Screen always on" - which simply doesn't work. I put in a support ticket with Google. This worked fine on a Chevy rental in November... Of course new versions of AA, Waze and a new car since then...

Is it working fine for others on a 2018 with Android Auto?
So it got it working yesterday. It's set under developer options to stay awake when charging (though that wasn't working). I changed the screen saver to colors. So maybe it was me making a change in the display screen that kicked the settings in. It works now. Screen doesn't go black, it goes to "colors" and waze updates as it should on my head unit. Crisis over. :)

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Looks like Waze is working with Sync 3 now through the mobile apps (for people with iPhones).

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
This is exciting, Waze is basically the only reason I run Android auto instead of the default sync3 UI. I would enjoy AA more since I am a fan of the fun colors, but I hate how much it limits the music navigation in google play music. like why can I only scroll through 3 pages of like 5 songs at a time before you stop me google!

Sponsored

yomamma219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang EB Premium Pony Pack "4HORSEMEN"
What about for those with Android?
I am wondering the same thing, I saw there was an update on 4/16 according to the google play store. I plan to check on my way home from work.

[MENTION=26181]keltymd[/MENTION] are you on iphone also?

DukeGaGa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium PP
I am wondering the same thing, I saw there was an update on 4/16 according to the google play store. I plan to check on my way home from work.

[MENTION=26181]keltymd[/MENTION] are you on iphone also?
You can use waze in android auto.
Sponsored