Sync 3 Android Auto Waze Speed Limit is Gone

SneakyE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt Mustang, 2018 Wrangler JK Unlimited
I have a 2019 Bullitt and run Waze on Android Auto for navigation. I've noticed 2 issues, first the current Speed Limit and the Speedometer don't show up. I don't think it's a setting in Waze on my phone because it shows the Speed Limit and Speedometer when I connect my phone to my Wrangler. Has anyone had this issue or knows how to fix it? The other issue I've noticed is Waze doesn't keep up with my current location well. My location is a few seconds late on Waze when connected to my Mustang. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
I have a 2019 Bullitt and run Waze on Android Auto for navigation. I've noticed 2 issues, first the current Speed Limit and the Speedometer don't show up. I don't think it's a setting in Waze on my phone because it shows the Speed Limit and Speedometer when I connect my phone to my Wrangler. Has anyone had this issue or knows how to fix it? The other issue I've noticed is Waze doesn't keep up with my current location well. My location is a few seconds late on Waze when connected to my Mustang. Any help would be appreciated.
I'm having the exact same issue and it just started last week. Waze is zoomed in, runs choppy and slow where you're not where you should be on the map and the MPH is gone. The only thing I have found that sometimes works is doing a hard restart on the SYnc system by holding the power button and right skip until it reboots. It'll restart and Waze pops back up showing everything there again and will either stay or go away again. It's a shit show and I think the latest Sync update must have messed something up in there.

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
If I were a trouble shooting tech, I would say the first place to look is the GPS on the Ford. I'm guessing it to be software rather than hardware, assuming your hardware has not been messed with. If that's the case, a service call is in order, so good luck with that! ("Its your phone, not the car"). Can you tell I hate dealers?

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
So I've figured out a work around. In Android Auto bring up Google Maps first and then load Waze in there. Waze works perfect every time as long as it's not the first thing to load. It'll have to do until they fix it

OP
OP
SneakyE

SneakyE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
Sadly, bringing up Google Maps first then Waze doesn't work for me. Still no speed limit/speedometer and it's still laggy. :(

Sponsored

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
Sadly, bringing up Google Maps first then Waze doesn't work for me. Still no speed limit/speedometer and it's still laggy. :(
Make sure Waze isn't running at all when it boots up. Have Google maps and something else running. Then either turn car off and back on or hold power button plus right skip until it hard reboots. Then switch Google maps for Waze. It should work. If you have Waze on when you start car and just switch to Google maps then back it doesn't work. I think it may have something to do with Bluetooth being on. Mine would always go to shit as soon as Bluetooth connected and it showed me that message on the screen.

OP
OP
SneakyE

SneakyE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
Make sure Waze isn't running at all when it boots up. Have Google maps and something else running. Then either turn car off and back on or hold power button plus right skip until it hard reboots. Then switch Google maps for Waze. It should work. If you have Waze on when you start car and just switch to Google maps then back it doesn't work. I think it may have something to do with Bluetooth being on. Mine would always go to shit as soon as Bluetooth connected and it showed me that message on the screen.
Thanks, I'll try that. I think this may have more to do with an update of Android Auto. I did a factory reset on my car's head unit and I still have the problem before I apply the latest Sync update. There was a recent update of Android Auto that may be the issue. I feel better about this as Google is faster at fixing bugs that Ford. :)

OP
OP
SneakyE

SneakyE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jared
Vehicle(s)
This works. The last app I had running when I disconnect my phone is automatically started the next time I connect. I now switch to maps before I disconnect, then when I connect maps starts and I switch to waze and it works correctly. Weird! Thanks for the help

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
This works. The last app I had running when I disconnect my phone is automatically started the next time I connect. I now switch to maps before I disconnect, then when I connect maps starts and I switch to waze and it works correctly. Weird! Thanks for the help
Sweet! That's exactly what I do now. Glad to help bro!

S550.matt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ecoboost Mustang
Glad I'm not going crazy over here. I even went the route of completely swapping out my phone (I happen to have a spare already) and the same exact results in waze when connected through Android Auto, so it's definitely not a phone setting. I think it has to do with the recent Android Auto update as well, so we'll see if it works once that's updated again.

I'll give the Google Maps trick a try to see if that works for now. Thanks for the suggestion!

Sponsored

Echo4papa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Coupe
Works fine with my iPhone, but my wife's android phone has the same issues as you guys are experiencing.

Only issue I've had was a discrepancy between my speedometer and how fast Waze said I was going once I exceeded a certain MPH.

ucinn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT, 2012 V6
That worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think it has to do with the phones or AA. Mine works perfectly in the kias, it only doesn't work correctly in the ford.

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
That worked for me. Thank you for the suggestion. I don't think it has to do with the phones or AA. Mine works perfectly in the kias, it only doesn't work correctly in the ford.
Who knows. Just sucks it doesn't just work

lint28

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost w/PP - Now its a 2016 GT w/PP!!!
i had the same issue... i had to Deny "location access" for the Android Auto app. This immediately solved all my waze issues. Now i get the speedometer every time.

Armyed

Boost Addicted
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddy
Vehicle(s)
2015 Infiniti Q50S
i had the same issue... i had to Deny "location access" for the Android Auto app. This immediately solved all my waze issues. Now i get the speedometer every time.
My work around stopped working out of no where yesterday so I just denys location access and hope that works! Thanks bro!
Sponsored