Sponsored

Do you experience vibration and rumbling between 50 and 70 mph?

• Total voters

Motoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
They have ordered parts for the rear differential on mine. Trip number 2. I didn't ask what parts, but those parts should be in Monday.
Sponsored

theredmeadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2020 Mustang GT PP PP1
i'm not sure if i posted this but i believe they fixed mine. road balance tires and re-indexed the DS.

Joihan777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Johann
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang Convertible
Hello, 1st post here -

Just bought a CPO 2015 EB convertible. Test drive was on crappy California/Los Angeles area freeways. Didn't notice the vibration till I drove it home to Sacramento. Took it to local dealer and they diagnosed the vibration with a vibration (NVH? ) test tool. Bum drive-shaft. They replaced it. 2nd one was better, but the vibration is still evident. They stated Ford engineers are aware of the problem and may issue a recall on these driveshafts. Seems Ford had a sizable batch made of these and is working to create better replacement DS. They are keeping my repair order open. Thought I'd share.

5.0 Probie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT
Just reporting back...

Rear end rebuilt to remove the "Feet" going numb vibration. Check

New Driveshaft to remove vibration felt in seat and center console. Check

Now, only 200 miles on the new driveshaft, but for the first time ever on this car, it feels much more reliable and natural. I can feel the flat-spots on the tires after a long day on the concrete parking garage stall (At the office). And the normal steering wheel vibration from the rough roads or tires needing balanced better.

At this point I can finally feel "Giddy" about our new factory ordered Mustang. Even planning on adding mods now! It feels like a brand new car that is ready to get it on.

I hope this concludes our heartbreak and long road to get here.

Now, all credit goes to my dealership, Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, WA.! They refused to go down the "That is normal" path that Ford was providing others on this forum. They listened to me as a consumer and made every effort to make it right. I for one am grateful for the determination, more than the results at this point.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just reporting back...

Now, only 200 miles on the new driveshaft, but for the first time ever on this car, it feels much more reliable and natural. I can feel the flat-spots on the tires after a long day on the concrete parking garage stall (At the office). And the normal steering wheel vibration from the rough roads or tires needing balanced better.

At this point I can finally feel "Giddy" about our new factory ordered Mustang. Even planning on adding mods now! It feels like a brand new car that is ready to get it on.

Now, all credit goes to my dealership, Bowen Scarff Ford in Kent, WA.! They refused to go down the "That is normal" path that Ford was providing others on this forum. They listened to me as a consumer and made every effort to make it right. I for one am grateful for the determination, more than the results at this point.
the dealer has mine now and Man I hope they man up and do me right rather than most "its normal" dealers

Sponsored

MikeD1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Challenger Hellcat
If my dealer & the FSE's Ford assigned to my car had shown 1/2 as much diligence & concern I'd be driving my Mustang today instead of the Challenger ! :shrug::crazy:

Congrats on getting yours fixed in a timely manner :thumbsup:

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Just reporting back...

How long did they have your car?

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
So I dropped mine of Monday morning and they said they would look at it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. So I called yesterday about 1 and they told me it was in the shop and they would call back that evening or this morning. No call. I love how it is not considered normal and no big deal to tell people that you are going to do something and then not do it. All they would have to do it call and say they haven't figured it out yet but at least they would have kept to their word.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Guys and gals, I got some good news to share tonight!!! My car is fixed, I hope! It felt fine tonight! The second dealership I was sent to by Ford service had the vibe equipment and a staff that actually cared. They put me in a rental Fusion and kept the car for a week and a half. Replaced the driveshaft again (replacement was also bad), then determined that the vibes over time ruined the diff, so they replaced the diff, now it works like it should. Very happy. I was so skeptical when they called me to tell me it's fixed. I got off work and drove down there. They were excited that they fixed it, understanding what a problem it is. I think I'm going to get gift cards for them if it's still good in a week!

Dannyho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium PP DIB
So I dropped mine of Monday morning and they said they would look at it Monday afternoon or Tuesday morning. So I called yesterday about 1 and they told me it was in the shop and they would call back that evening or this morning. No call. I love how it is not considered normal and no big deal to tell people that you are going to do something and then not do it. All they would have to do it call and say they haven't figured it out yet but at least they would have kept to their word.
I have the same gripe. One time I dropped my car off on a Monday, they said it would be ready Thursday, but they'd call to update me on Wednesday. They didn't call me until the following Tuesday to pick up the finished car, acted like it was no big deal. On the way home it exhibited the same vibration. At least this time they gave me a loaner. Going in again Monday, pffft

Sponsored

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
I have the same gripe. One time I dropped my car off on a Monday, they said it would be ready Thursday, but they'd call to update me on Wednesday. They didn't call me until the following Tuesday to pick up the finished car, acted like it was no big deal. On the way home it exhibited the same vibration. At least this time they gave me a loaner. Going in again Monday, pffft
Yeah I think we as a people have lost our way. I remember (sounding like an old fart) when the service department was there to service the customers to get the sales department repeat business when you wanted a new car. Service after the sale. Now it is just what can we get today no long term vision.

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
well I called the dealer. Wouldnt tell me much other than the tech sent some info to ford engineering to see what they want them to do next. I bet it will sit for a week waiting for a reply.

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
I would but dont want them to say i made the engine knock it has worse by driving it.
Oh, my bad. I thought your issue was driveline vibration only.
Sponsored