Sponsored

Very impressed with Steeda clutch spring

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP 6-speed base
Just installed the Steeda clutch spring (replacing the oem part - super easy... depress clutch pedal with left hand and pop out spring assembly toward brake pedal with right hand, install new spring in reverse...easy to compress).

Amazing upgrade. Clutch pedal is a little stiffer but I can completely feel and gauge the clutch engagement and disengagement much better. Shifting much quicker now and with greater left/right foot coordination too. Combined with the Steeda Tri-Ax Race shifter I installed last month, my GT driving experience has truly elevated.

Highly recommend both upgrades, gents.
Sponsored

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you for your time in reviewing the Steeda clutch spring - we truly appreciate it!

TJ

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Just installed the Steeda clutch spring (replacing the oem part - super easy... depress clutch pedal with left hand and pop out spring assembly toward brake pedal with right hand, install new spring in reverse...easy to compress).

Amazing upgrade. Clutch pedal is a little stiffer but I can completely feel and gauge the clutch engagement and disengagement much better. Shifting much quicker now and with greater left/right foot coordination too. Combined with the Steeda Tri-Ax Race shifter I installed last month, my GT driving experience has truly elevated.

I have a six speed, '15 GT as well ( less 2K miles)...I was researching some Steeda mods yesterday. What parts did you buy and roughly how long did it take for each mod? I don't have an issue with the manual but an improvement is still an improvement. Thanks

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just the clurch pedal spring, billet shift collar and the triax race shifter, which comes with the rear bracket. Replacing the Spring took 5 minutes. Assembling the shifter following the YouTube video took about 15 minutes. Pulling out the console, jacking up the car, loosening the exhaust removing the drive shaft carrier bearing, Removing the transmission mount, dropping the transmission about 4 - 6", pulling the shifter....and then reversing all of that might take 4- 6 hours (I'm slow). Very very doable. Search by my username for my recent posts and you'll see photos and tips on what I did. Hope it helps man! Very pleased.

Last edited:

Pilafiction

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT
Just the clurch pedal spring, billet shift collar and the triax race shifter, which comes with the rear bracket. Replacing the Spring took 5 minutes. Assembling the shifter following the YouTube video took about 15 minutes. Pulling out the console, jacking up the car, loosening the exhaust removing the drive shaft carrier bearing, Removing the transmission mount, dropping the transmission about 4 - 6", pulling the shifter....and then reversing all of that might take 4- 6 hours (I'm slow). Very very doable. Search by my username for my recent posts and you'll see photos and tips on what I did. Hope it helps man! Very pleased.
Thanks for your quick reply...I'll definitely do this mod next.

Sponsored

OP
OP
71Rcode

71Rcode

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool. Feel free to reach out with any questions happy to talk you through anything

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase

GregO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GTPP
I’m a fan of the Steeda Spring stretched out to about 3.25”. That was just enough to take out the pedal free play and maintains the old school clutch action I desire.

IntenseGT

In The Air of The Night
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
19' GT MT PP1 PREM AE MR - MAGNETIC
Just installed my Steeda spring (this is my second one, bought my first back in 2016) - I really tried to get used to the stock spring but after almost two months, I couldn't take it anymore. Damn it feels good to be able to drive this car smooth again!! It should have come this way from the factory - that stock spring ads such an unnatural feel to the clutch.

Thanks again, Steeda!

Sponsored

Shookie89

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt

Do you have any noise from the tri ax race shifter? I had mine installed and had to put the stock shifter back in.. it just sounded awful. Any tips to reduce/ eliminate the noise through the shifter?

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Had a slice of humble pie today. Thought some seat time would've clear up the inconsistency of the clutch operation.

After 1k had my fill, ordered the kit.

Complements go out to Steeda. Not only for a great product, next day delivery was an unexpected surprise and thank you!

Posting a picture, made the old spring removal very easy.

2 tries, first failed, second mod Chanel locks, success .
IMG_0310.jpeg

Don't mind the burn marks, welding does that

19 RKT PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
19 Bullitt, Tech PKG, MagnaRide!
Had a slice of humble pie today. Thought some seat time would've clear up the inconsistency of the clutch operation.

After 1k had my fill, ordered the kit.

Complements go out to Steeda. Not only for a great product, next day delivery was an unexpected surprise and thank you!

Posting a picture, made the old spring removal very easy.

2 tries, first failed, second mod Chanel locks, success .
IMG_0310.jpeg

Don't mind the burn marks, welding does that
I'm having a Hell of a time locking on to that spring,
The simple fixes always seem to evade me, I always over think the problem. Thanks

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I'm having a Hell of a time locking on to that spring,
The simple fixes always seem to evade me, I always over think the problem. Thanks

Great, glad to assist it's the little things

:champagne:

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
Try using ty-wraps to pull the coils together.
Sponsored