Velossa Tech Design - BIG MOUTH development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mustang_Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Bullitt
I had the Steeda h-pipe installed the day before so it's gotten louder so I couldn't notice any sound change on the intake side.

I will say though that after the first drive with the Velossa I noticed the car being more responsive. It was actually the day after I installed it and thought "hmmm, the car must be adjusting to the h-pipe" completely forgetting I had the Velossa on.

A minute or 2 later, I realized it had nothing to do with the h-pipe and was likely just getting the cooler air to the engine much quicker.

It's like when you drive on a hot day in traffic and the engine is heat-soaked and the throttle is just not as crisp as otherwise ... this mitigates that to a good degree once you're moving and the air is getting into the intake.

Heck if it works for the Hellcat or Demon (can't recall which, maybe both) where they've taken out 1 of the fog lights and done the same thing, it's a good enough for me!
Sponsored

Waldo Jeffers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible automatic MY 2017
Hello again! :)

You have some seriously difficult questions to answer! haha :headbonk:

I will try my best.
No need to delete the resonator as it does not replace that part in the car.
I dont think the duct will be too effective, the differences are subtle enough for the ECM to compensate.

The question about when the effect begins to kick in is a complicated one. The local atmospheric pressure, temperature, and humidity will have an effect on when it starts to 'work'. It isnt really an on/off switch, its gradual, just as its harder and harder for the car to push the air out of the way the faster it goes (air resistance is proportional to the square of velocity) you get a similar effect with the ram air. I am by no means saying it's enough to compensate for air resistance, I am saying that the build up of pressure is proportional to the square of your velocity. For someone in a higher altitude, you may not see the effect register until a much higher speed. For someone in a drier colder climate that is closer to sea level, the effect would begin earlier. There is no discrete cutoff point, it all depends on your environment and your current engine mods and tune.

Hi Dan@VelossaTech

This Morning your bigmouth snorkel arrived via England at my Office. Revision 2 in Deep purple. Guess what, today was a Short Business day. Just got back from the Garage and a First Autobahn Test Ride with my newly velossa tech equipped 2017 GT Convertible.
I have a feeling of beeing a vip Customer thank you. The snorkel is effektive.
Great idea of Yours. Great product. Significant impact when Engine is hot.Noticeable drop of intake Temperatures.

Very Nice to celebrate midsummer this way. Which in my case is a Bar-b-Q in the Garden with the Black crowes Music playing loud and a Glass of scotch Single malt. Cheers! And thanks Again

Last edited:

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Just installed mine today. I wasn't looking forward to taking the bumper off because the two 7mm screws in the wheel well that attaches the bumper cover to the fender. Everything i read or watched had everyone complaining about them. It was pretty tedious and takes a lot of patience but its not that bad. I had a friend help me and a tip I can recommend is to have that person reach down through the top of the engine bay and push/hold the fender liner out of the way so you can reach the screw more easily. you really just need to break the bolt loose and then you can unscrew it by hand.

I only took a short drive with it today but it definitely increases induction noise in a good way. Its a steady suction noise but it isn't obnoxious and turning the radio up hides it pretty easily. Car seems more responsive, in the mid range and up, once you are at speed.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
Yeah, it's cool. Makes it feel a little more race car like. I didn't cut out the grill yet, saving that for another day or I may just leave it. Not sure if that would increase or decrease the noise.

racer24crm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chase
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT
We have the exact same intake setup, haha. There's actually a small pad in the lid of the air box that can be removed that supposedly helps with air flow. It's there for epa regulations but I don't understand what it would do. You can just rip it out and throw it away. Takes 30 seconds if you haven't already done that. The lights look pretty awesome but I always try to keep my cars look as oem as possible minus wheels.

Sponsored

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Velossa Tech,

I bought your Big Mouth Intake & very pleased with the hard work that went into this mod. Fitment was excellent & also enjoyed the lower IAT's, faster & smoother throttle response.

Running Mishimoto Induction Tube & stock closed airbox with Afe filter. I have a question regarding an aftermarket hood & ram air kit. Will be buying a Cervinis Stalker Hood & there is an option for buying a ram air kit that attaches to hood. Do you suggest getting the ram air or not ? Will it interfere negatively/positively in any way with Big Mouth Intake?
yhst-131964867535317_2527_240169144.png.jpg
yhst-131964867535317_2527_240605801.png.jpg
yhst-131964867535317_2529_357486651.png.jpg

OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
[MENTION=17984]WhiplashGo[/MENTION] You will be fine with that hood, the engine will pull in air from both orifices (big mouth and hoot vent) in parallal under WOT.

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
[MENTION=17984]WhiplashGo[/MENTION] You will be fine with that hood, the engine will pull in air from both orifices (big mouth and hoot vent) in parallal under WOT.
OK, thanks for responding.

Mr. Met

06 Time Person ofthe Year
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
2020 GTPP Premium, 2015 GT Premium, 1999 Expedition EB
Just wanted to know if there is any discount for forum members?

Sponsored
OP
OP
VelossaTech

VelossaTech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.velossatechdesign.com
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Ford Focus ST
Is the forest green big mouth a good match for guard ?
Our forest green is a bit lighter than guard green. Here are some pictures.

26654809_10214012882332128_993393198_o_zps3k0byfnh.jpg

20170409_145848_zpsu9c0deti.jpg

20170409_164714_zpsi5jbsgt2.jpg

Let me know if you need any more help.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.