Used Ecoboost Convertible Mod Plans

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I was in a similar situation a year ago, looking for a nice convertible with some muscle and handling. I'm not a huge Vette fan and the other cars you mentioned do not interest me either. So I bought a used Mustang GT convertible. It's big and heavy... much more so than what I'm used to. There are lots of 2 lane twisty scenic roads around here, but they were more fun in a smaller car. So, I have only driven it 900 miles in over a year. Seems a shame, as it's really a nice car and an excellent value. But, I just can't get used to the size.
I hear you. I went from a go-kart Miata to the Mustang and thought the same thing. Thanks to this forum I took the advice to change the sways and springs. While not a go-kart, its MUCH better than stock and doesn't feel so heavy. 48K miles in 5 years.
Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I hear you. I went from a go-kart Miata to the Mustang and thought the same thing. Thanks to this forum I took the advice to change the sways and springs. While not a go-kart, its MUCH better than stock and doesn't feel so heavy. 48K miles in 5 years.
My solution is probably a bit more extensive... looking for a newer Porsche to replace the Mustang.

andyturbo2000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost Convertible
I went from a BMW Z4 to a Mustang. The Mustang demolishes it in a straight line and has more toys for a lower price, however the Z4 was pin sharp on turning into a roundabout at 30mph and more whereas the Mustang understeers at little over 15 miles per hour due to weight.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Question for the OP is what do you enjoy about how a car drives and feels. You can already see the split opinions here - some don't like heavy cars almost no matter what you do to em. Thats a matter of personal preference, and no amount of advice is gonna make you like something you just don't. That said, EBs aren't my cup of tea. Its just too easy to make crazy power with a V8, for about the same money, and any handling penalty doesn't begin to undo that. Why not a Vette? You can't even fill em with groceries. OK for a 2nd car, but not a DD. Peace, I'm not a Vette hater. Have had a C2 convertible for almost 40 years. A big block, because not enough horsepower is for sissies....lol. so ditch the EB idea and get a GT.

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
Have you looked at a Porsche yet?

Sponsored

OP
OP

paxco5280

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jon
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
So I totaled my DD last week. It looks like a weekend car is out of the question for the time being. That being said, went with a 2015 Ford Taurus SHO, hoping it'll be a fun ride, but I know it's no canyon carver.