Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Do the UPR dual valve hoses have 'quick-connect' fittings on both ends? The OEM hoses have quick-connect on both ends from the factory. I don't want to fuss with hose clamps if I don't have to. (I noticed that UPR has quick-connect fittings for sale as 'optional'). JLT and Mishimoto single can systems come with quick-connect standard.
In addition, Mishimoto mentioned that you have to drill into a hose if you install a UPR dual valve system, is this correct?

We will be receiving the new Quick Connect fittings next week so this kit will be 100% plug n play and can be returned to stock with ease. The fittings are the very same UPR Plug n Play OEM units that we offer with all our late model ford catch can systems.
Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR will also be releasing a single valve catch can for ecoboost owners that will outperform every single design available for the Ecoboost Mustang without question. Our latest design also incorporates the Factory Ford Quick Connectors with Goodyear Braided Hoses and Billet Hose Ends.

This kit is head and shoulders every other manufacturer with it's internal 4-Stage Multi-Chamber Design that we run on the 2011-2015 GT's and everyone has been raving about them. This can is the easiest to service and take care of with no plastic fittings and Factory Quick Connectors at the can and at the car to you can disconnect the lines from the UPR Single Valve Catch Can in seconds.

Here is what the kit looks like for the GT and it will be almost identical for the Ecoboost.

UPR Catch Cans and Components are built in the USA not Chinese like other brands.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
So what are the differences or pro's/con's of your single vs your dual?
Joe wrote a long explanation on this thread or another one, I don't remember. But I know that the dual valve kit provides a vacuum source during WOT situations because of the extra line that runs to the intake before the turbo. The stock engine (and single valve kit) doesn't do this because it only has a single vacuum source that is after the turbo. So when you are in boost the system doesn't work as well.

I might have just murdered that explanation, if so I apologize, I'm sure Joe will chime in when he has the chance.

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
So what are the differences or pro's/con's of your single vs your dual?
Both the UPR Single Valve and Dual Valve Catch Can Systems are both designed to out perform every other catch can you can find in the marketplace. As for the differences the cans have the same internals and the UPR Dual Valve Catch Can has a second port that becomes active when the engine is under boost and it draws it's air from the intake side of the Turbo and or Supercharger like the setup we just built for MAK Performance's GT Mustang.

It's extremely to have a system that will properly evacuate the PCV system when your engine is at Wide Open Throttle and a Single Valve Catch Can does not. Our Single Valve Catch Can will stop Boost from pressurizing the crankcase, but it will not offer a vacuum source to give your engine the proper evacuation.

The reason we developed this system is because running a can like the Brand X will not offer a fraction of the oil control that the UPR system will and it's important to have the best solutions available for our enthusiasts. Considering that other brands did not even know how the PCV system functions on the Ecoboost Mustang.

When a manufacturer says we are going to test our catch cans and see what line needs a catch can. My inclination would be to work with a company that has extensive experience with catch cans and understands the PCV system and what you need to protect your engine.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All our systems come standard with Factory Plug n Play Fittings and that has been our practice on every new system we offer. We have been waiting on the Factory Quick Connectors for the Ecoboost Mustang. They are in transit from FORD as we speak and we will have them very soon for all the Ecoboost Mustang Kits.

:amen:

Sponsored

jholtz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Hi Joe,

EDIT: Sorry, I just read the bottom part of your previous message which answered my questions.

Thanks!

Jim

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
'UPRjoe'...I hope that you will be kind enough to submit photos of the hose run setup for the Dual Valve System, when available. The Single Valve photos were very informative.

mark.k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Mustang V6
Hi Joe,

It looks like the UPR catch can is installed almost directly across from the hot side of the turbo and the exhaust.

Would it help to wrap some insulation around the can to shield it from the part of the engine that would get a fair amount of heat?

Or mount the can on the intake side of the engine where I think it would be cooler?

Thanks for your advise.

Mark k

Sponsored

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
Here is the latest update for the UPR 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can Kit. This is the reason we have been waiting for the correct silicone couplers. For everyone with aftermarket air intake kits that want to install it right away you can modify your existing silicone coupler with a Plug n Play fittings and we will just replace it with our 4-Ply HP silicone coupler which is as good or better than anything currently supplied.

The silicone couplers have been shipped to us so we are just waiting to receive them shortly.

https://plus.google.com/111368442576496538340/posts/cnQ33G6KJhZ

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Here is the latest update for the UPR 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can Kit. This is the reason we have been waiting for the correct silicone couplers. For everyone with aftermarket air intake kits that want to install it right away you can modify your existing silicone coupler with a Plug n Play fittings and we will just replace it with our 4-Ply HP silicone coupler which is as good or better than anything currently supplied.

The silicone couplers have been shipped to us so we are just waiting to receive them shortly.

https://plus.google.com/111368442576496538340/posts/cnQ33G6KJhZ
Great news...! :clap2: waiting is the hardest part
Sponsored