Sponsored

UPR catch can for ecoboost

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
Should have the UPR 2015 Mustang Ecoboost Dual Valve Catch Can installation video up in the next hour or so.

Joe

Perfect timing! I just managed to make time to work on my car today and was about to go outside and start turning wrenches. I'll go do my dashcam install first. :D

UPRjoe

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
750 S. Eastcoast St, Lake Worth Fl. 33460
Website
www.uprproducts.com
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
UPR 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
Sorry for the delay on the Mustang Ecoboost Catch Can installation video.

HERE IT IS ! - NO DRILLING OR MODIFYING OF ANY FACTORY PARTS -

I am extremely happy that the new installation process has mad the installation possible in 15 minutes without question. You will only need 3 common tools to complete the installation.

* 8mm Socket and Ratchet
* Large Channel Lock Pliers
* 12" Long Flat Head Screwdriver

The video splits as my battery ran out and I went out and bought a new camera just to create videos for everything UPR Builds and Sells to make life much easier for our fellow enthusiasts. The biggest reason to offer everyone these videos is to display installation to make show how easy these products can be installed.

As the Owner of UPRproducts.com I want to be clear that I will not make slick videos that have pre-loosened or rigged setups to create manipulation of what really happens. I am so tired of all the video and bogus sales driven tactics used and refuse to show you anything but the actual installations no matter what the obstacle to be sure there are never any surprises.

Thank you for your continued support in UPRproducts.

Joe Mainiero

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Well, shit... I just put my car on jackstands today and got the clip from the dirty side line that way (Single valve). Took you 60 seconds! lol. Also, screw those white OEM clips :)

Sponsored

OVRKILL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Built '91 Land Cruiser, '15 EB PP MT
I just spent three hours trying to get the dirty side fitting off before it occurred to me to remove the airbox. From there it was a 30 minute job.

At least I learned some neat new curse words.

I routed the dirty side hose behind the fuel pump, over the trans rather than under. It seems to fit quite nicely there.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I just spent three hours trying to get the dirty side fitting off before it occurred to me to remove the airbox. From there it was a 30 minute job.

At least I learned some neat new curse words.

I routed the dirty side hose behind the fuel pump, over the trans rather than under. It seems to fit quite nicely there.

Yeah, I don't think it's possible to reach the dirty side the way the video shows if you have the PP. I couldn't do it either, I reached in from the front which is only possible without the airbox being in the way.

boosted_orange

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Yeah, I don't think it's possible to reach the dirty side the way the video shows if you have the PP. I couldn't do it either, I reached in from the front which is only possible without the airbox being in the way.
You actually can dragonacc I did it that way it took me a minute or so to get the correct angle but I got it &I have the pp as well

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You actually can dragonacc I did it that way it took me a minute or so to get the correct angle but I got it &I have the pp as well
Fair enough, I quickly gave up the struggle since I don't have an airbox with the FFTEC intake. It was just easier to go that way.

Sponsored

tsunami

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium EcoBoost Convertible
You have to squeeze the quick fittings white tabs simultaneously. You can't just push on one of the two tabs. Following UPRjoe's instructions: for the dirty connection, reach down and push 'in' on one of the tabs while pushing 'in' with the long flat screwdriver with your other hand on the other. For the easy-to-access ports, just squeeze both tabs at the same time and gently pull off. I liked the fact that UPR provided swivel connections mid-way on two of the hoses. Just a simple rotation of the hose to orient the quick connection to the port. The hoses were premium quality, not just stiff rubber ones.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
You have to squeeze the quick fittings white tabs simultaneously. You can't just push on one of the two tabs. Following UPRjoe's instructions: for the dirty connection, reach down and push 'in' on one of the tabs while pushing 'in' with the long flat screwdriver with your other hand on the other. For the easy-to-access ports, just squeeze both tabs at the same time and gently pull off. I liked the fact that UPR provided swivel connections mid-way on two of the hoses. Just a simple rotation of the hose to orient the quick connection to the port. The hoses were premium quality, not just stiff rubber ones.
Those aren't swivels, they are the check valves necessary to make the system work correctly. Make sure you check that both arrows on those fittings are facing away from the catch can. The fact that they let you easily orient the connectors on the end of the hoses is just a bonus.
Sponsored