upgrade just speakers

sauerkraut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
S550 EcoBeast
I think you'll be ok then. I'm not 100% but I believe those are separate either through the audio processor or the factory amps.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
on the premium system the tweeter and midrange are paralleled. Both are 8 ohm to achieve the 4 ohms overall in parallel

Squall67584

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So would could it work if the tweeter and the bottom door were replaced with a component set without the crossover, and the midrange was replaced as well? Or would the crossover need to be used with the midrange spliced in to the tweeter?

I'm looking for something "simple" as just replacing the speakers and calling it a day.

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
you have to have a crossover otherwise youre sending frequencies to a speaker that cannot play those frequencies resulting in speaker damage. Buy some 3 way component speaker sets, to have dedicated signals for each speaker. If you look behind the stock tweeter they have a capacitor in parallel, this is a first order high pass filter. Very crude.

The most simple is a drop in upgrade for the four 6.5" in the car. The rest will require more hardware. I would do more research because a car audio system is a mod that you will get to enjoy every second of while youre driving the car. Dont cut corners

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
So would could it work if the tweeter and the bottom door were replaced with a component set without the crossover, and the midrange was replaced as well? Or would the crossover need to be used with the midrange spliced in to the tweeter?

I'm looking for something "simple" as just replacing the speakers and calling it a day.
If you are really that unsure of what you are doing take it to someone that does. The cost to have front speakers installed shouldn't be that much. And in the end it will save you time and frustration, and possibly money.

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
you have to have a crossover otherwise youre sending frequencies to a speaker that cannot play those frequencies resulting in speaker damage. Buy some 3 way component speaker sets, to have dedicated signals for each speaker. If you look behind the stock tweeter they have a capacitor in parallel, this is a first order high pass filter. Very crude.

The most simple is a drop in upgrade for the four 6.5" in the car. The rest will require more hardware. I would do more research because a car audio system is a mod that you will get to enjoy every second of while youre driving the car. Dont cut corners
The stock mid-tweets are the same as well. Simple first order high-pass. You'll need a crossover for sure.

I chose Alping SPR-60c for the front stage - I've had them a week. I may swap them out for a 3-way system as I feel I'm just missing some stuff (crunchy guitar and higher-frequency tom-toms come to mind).

ssj92

Photon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT California Special
I can add an amp if it is needed but I'll try it without first. I don't listen that loud just loud enough to be heard over the exhaust with the windows up. Windows down I listen to the car.
Did you ever end up getting those subs in the rear deck?

If they fit and sound fine I may just consider those. :)

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Did you ever end up getting those subs in the rear deck?

If they fit and sound fine I may just consider those. :)
Weird I just did the install today outside before we had a few flurries. I only tested it for a few minutes. I had to set the fader to full rear minus one notch and turn the volume way up. Sounded better but might not work I have to see how it sounds while driving I'll report back. An amp would surely help but I try this first.

shahram72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shahram
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6 auto Foundry pkg.
Wait, you're running subs off the stock radio? No, that's not going to work.

I just had an idea as I was browsing at used Mustangs. (I still don't have one). The convertible puts the rear speakers in the sides since there is no rear decklid. How about dual 8" subs in those locations with a fiberglass enclosure? Would require disassembly of the back seat, deck, and panels. But I'm thinking about a way of adding subs without reducing the trunk space. Another place for a sub box is the spare tire well for those of you with no spare tire. Me? I want the spare.

Sponsored

908ssp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP white
Weird I just did the install today outside before we had a few flurries. I only tested it for a few minutes. I had to set the fader to full rear minus one notch and turn the volume way up. Sounded better but might not work I have to see how it sounds while driving I'll report back. An amp would surely help but I try this first.
After some testing I put an amp in between the rear speaker outs and the new bass speakers. Now that is much better. I'd rather change the transmission than work on stereo shit.

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
Thanks for all the info in this thread, ordered the 2 way JBL's for the door and the 3 ways's for the rear as well as the harness's.