Sponsored

upgrade just speakers

greg hazlett

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Fusion Sport
A heads up; when you buy the speaker adapters they come 2 in a pack so if you are doing all 4 speakers you need 2 packs, I did not know that and thought only one came in the pack so I now have 4 extra plugs :(

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Well, I finally went and installed a self powered sub in the trunk. I put in a Rockford Fosgate P300-10. 300 watts, 10 inch sub woofer. Very small footprint with plenty of trunk space left.
Not big, but it definitely fills out the bottom end. Improved the entire system dramatically.
I have very well defined bass with a thump and it has centered the entire sound stage.
The car finally sounds good. :clap2:
Only cost $165 on Amazon.

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Accord Touring
Well, I finally went and installed a self powered sub in the trunk. I put in a Rockford Fosgate P300-10. 300 watts, 10 inch sub woofer.
Did you install it yourself? If so can you elaborate and how you hooked it up? Did you splice into the rear speakers? Thanks!

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
:popcorn:

Sponsored

Ultimateone

Yes is that's guy /\
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F32 435i Xdrive
Well, I finally went and installed a self powered sub in the trunk. I put in a Rockford Fosgate P300-10. 300 watts, 10 inch sub woofer. Very small footprint with plenty of trunk space left.
Not big, but it definitely fills out the bottom end. Improved the entire system dramatically.
I have very well defined bass with a thump and it has centered the entire sound stage.
The car finally sounds good. :clap2:
Only cost $165 on Amazon.
Pics of the install?

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting that link. Looks like the 12 would fit fine, only about 1" taller than the 10. This might be a winner for me.

Sponsored

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Sorry, had to do that work thing.
12 definitely fits.
Did the install with a little help from my friends. My son in law is a mechanic and he ran the power wire for me. A friend helped me with the rest of the wiring. Tapped off of the rear speakers to a line out convertor. Grounded it to an attachment in the spare tire well.

Last edited:

Xantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sorry, had to do that work thing.
12 definitely fits.
Did the install with a little help from my friends. My son in law is a mechanic and he ran the power wire for me. A friend helped me with the rest of the wiring. Tapped off of the rear speakers to a line out convertor. Grounded it to an attachment in the spare tire well.
Sounds good, thanks for posting that.

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
I gotta tell you, when I first got my car last November, I just drove around with a big stupid grin on my face.

I would be driving 30 mph with a 300 mph smile on my face, I was that happy with my Ecoboost.

Then I realized the stereo in my daily driver, a mid level Mazda CX5, sounded way better, it kinda took a little satisfaction off of my Ecoboost.

The car was still great, but I couldn't believe that Ford missed the mark by that much on a so called premium system.

With the new kicker, I am back to grinning like a friggin idiot. :D:D

Zemedici

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT/PP
I gotta tell you, when I first got my car last November, I just drove around with a big stupid grin on my face.

I would be driving 30 mph with a 300 mph smile on my face, I was that happy with my Ecoboost.

Then I realized the stereo in my daily driver, a mid level Mazda CX5, sounded way better, it kinda took a little satisfaction off of my Ecoboost.

The car was still great, but I couldn't believe that Ford missed the mark by that much on a so called premium system.

With the new kicker, I am back to grinning like a friggin idiot. :D:D

link to the subwoofer you purchased?

sandpiper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Last edited: