Sponsored

Update: pulled the trigger - GT Perf Pack 2 - ride quality???

Spork3245

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP1 w/Magneride
If you’re not going to track it, I would stick with a PP1, simply for the stock tires being better to DD with.
Sponsored

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
My 2 cents.

I had the dealer replace the Cup 2 tires with MP4S before I took delivery. Understand that it gives up some grip, but on a street driven car the chances to use even the MP4S grip to the limit are very few. I'm completely happy with the tires. They work great and eliminate the big downsides (for me) of the Cup 2s. On heavily truck worn roads they tramline some, but generally tramlining is eliminated. They don't throw stuff all over the sides of the car and hopefully will last way longer.

There is no "Comfort" setting in the Ford magneride system. "Normal" is as close as it gets. I use Sport+ for the most part and the car is fantastic. The track setting is really stiff. Sport+ is a bit more compliant. It's a blast to drive fast on twisty roads.

I recently took my PP2 on a 400+ mile road trip. Much of it was on I-81 in PA. There is a LOT of truck traffic on this highway and it's pretty rough in some sections. The suspension was quite harsh on the rough sections. Mode didn't matter, I tried them all. PA also loves concrete highways and there were places where the tires really howled. Not everywhere, but where it happened it was pretty loud. Otherwise the car was very comfortable and fun. Easy tradeoffs for all the capability.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.....Will super sport 4S's help with ride quality vs the cup 2'?
What are super sport 4S's?

Do you mean the Pilot Sport 4Ss that come on the PP1 cars?

Whether they'll help with ride quality depends on your definition of ride quality.

neelas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Package Level 2
One of the big reasons to get the PP2 even with more street friendly tires, is because of the ABS tuning and Magna ride tuning. The PP1 tuning is quite a bit different.
The PP2 is more inline with the GT350R in those settings. I stepped up to the Steeda dual rate springs it has close to the same ride hight, but much more control than factory. But that is moy own personal observations.

Phil

Soulja4187

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium & 2022 Audi A5 S-Line
Update: just made a deal. Velocity blue, 401A, PP2, B&O, active exhaust.

Got 10.5% off msrp, pretty good deal considering this was the only manual PP2 car in the entire houston/san antonio/dallas area sitting on a lot. Thanks for all the input!!!

Will add pic later.

Hey, i am close to buying a mustang with the performane package 2 with magnaride. It has the pilot cup tires and wide wheels. Plus the track suspension.

How's normal cruising with that setup? I know its setup for a road course, is daily driving going to suck? Looking for opinions before i buy.

I wont track it, its the only manual with magnaride and the other options i want around due to covid. Will super sport 4S's help with ride quality vs the cup 2'?
Congratulations brother, enjoy it. Let us know how the MagneRide is treating you

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Update: just made a deal. Velocity blue, 401A, PP2, B&O, active exhaust.

Got 10.5% off msrp, pretty good deal considering this was the only manual PP2 car in the entire houston/san antonio/dallas area sitting on a lot. Thanks for all the input!!!

Will add pic later.
Congratulations. Sound like you got exactly what you wanted. Pricing sounds good too. Enjoy!!!

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Congratulations. Sound like you got exactly what you wanted. Pricing sounds good too. Enjoy!!!
Thanks! It was one of 2 PP2 manual cars in all of texas. Plus had all the options i wanted. So, very happy to be back in a mustang.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
'the fuck is going on with the pictures OP????

GUSTOPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
You will Enjoy it!!!! I wanted blue but yeah none were available! Love it.

Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
They look good with the splitter. How much was the car if you don’t mind me asking? I don’t know if you already said or not I skimmed through it and didn’t see a price.

OP
OP
HoustonGT

HoustonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP2
Nice. Very nice.

Now you need to update your details and sig from your Whippled '15 . . .

Norm
They look good with the splitter. How much was the car if you don’t mind me asking? I don’t know if you already said or not I skimmed through it and didn’t see a price.

They look good with the splitter. How much was the car if you don’t mind me asking? I don’t know if you already said or not I skimmed through it and
I got 10% off msrp and no dealer add ons from a small dealer. The big dealers would have given me 14% off msrp, but couldnt find the righ car. Manual PP2 cars are unicorns in TX right now...
Sponsored