Sponsored

Performance Pack ride quality?

TampaBear67

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cool Blue 07 Accord EX-L 2.4, DOHC, iVTEC Coupe
From the Automobile Magazine Ride Along Review...

http://www.automobilemag.com/reviews/driven/1405-2015-ford-mustang-2-3-ecoboost-first-ride/

At the same time, we were most aware that this new chassis also felt remarkably supple for a car with a performance-oriented suspension setup. It turns out that the engineers have dialed in twice as much anti-dive, anti-lift, and anti-squat into the suspension geometry as before to make the Mustang chassis more stable under acceleration and braking. As a result, there’s no need to use especially stiff spring rates to prop up the chassis, and the result seems to be a very composed, modern sort of handling dynamic from the car. The old, familiar Mustang hop and shudder didn’t seem to be in evidence.

Read more:*http://www.automobilemag.com/review...ustang-2-3-ecoboost-first-ride/#ixzz32Oy15nrj

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
How do the 12-13 Boss 302's ride? If the new GT with the PP is faster around the same track as those 302's, I bet ride quality might be similar even with the IRS factored in?

Wonder if that is an accurate statement :)

apexclipper

Threads
Reaction score
How do the 12-13 Boss 302's ride? If the new GT with the PP is faster around the same track as those 302's, I bet ride quality might be similar even with the IRS factored in?

Wonder if that is an accurate statement :)
I never drove one.

The new car has an IRS, completely different suspension geometry in the front, and greater structural rigidity overall. Ride quality should a bit more supple than the Boss 302's while still providing slightly quicker lap times.

But we won't really know until we see real tests and comparisons.

As things look now, the new Mustang is looking pretty solid across the line.:ford:

Sponsored

OP
OP
StangBANG

StangBANG

Patience; long suffering.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dean
Vehicle(s)
15 Magnetic GT. Performance Pack Premium Redline
Thank you for all your replies. The info was very helpful and makes my choice of getting the pp easier. I think its gonna feel just right.

minicobra

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thebandpetroleum.com
First Name
Braden
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GT/PP
Have they listed if the ride hight will be slightly lower then the non PP version.
From looking at a lot of the pics, it seams to be slightly less wheel gap, even with the 19" wheels, compared to 20"

Maybe they shortened the springs a small amount, like 10 - 15mm :shrug:

WestRace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3
It will depend on a few things - how solid and stiff and strong the chassis will be, how well the subframe is designed, the amount of unsprung mass is also important (the lower the better), what types of bushing will be used, and of course how stiff the springs/shocks will be.

apexclipper

Threads
Reaction score
Have they listed if the ride hight will be slightly lower then the non PP version.
From looking at a lot of the pics, it seams to be slightly less wheel gap, even with the 19" wheels, compared to 20"

Maybe they shortened the springs a small amount, like 10 - 15mm :shrug:
Performance package cars sit a little lower and the wheel wells are pretty much stuffed full of wheel and tire:

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2015-ford-mustang-23l-ecoboost-first-ride-review
Sponsored