Sponsored

Pulled the trigger

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium, with saddle interior
Last night, I had a chance to go down to my local Ford Dealer one last time. Though this time I brought my Wife, so she could see the Mustangs up close and personal. As some of you know, I've been looking at a couple of different Models. My first thread, was in regards to getting either a stripped down 15 GT or a 14 Premium GT with Track pack and Recaros. Over the weekend, I had a chance to drive a premium EB. In fact I thought I was sold on the EB.

Well, Last night was an eye opener. First, I got to say, I love my wife more than life itself! She has been amazing during this process.
Second, I have to thank Autonation Ford Katy, for being awesome, and letting me comeback night after night, weekend after weekend to test drive and kick tires. By far once of the best dealerships I have ever worked with.

Now let’s get donw to it. Last night, I had a chance to Drive all three right in a row (first time driving a 15 GT)

We started out with the EB with the premium package, as it an Auto my wife was able to take it for a spin. Like me she LOVED all the options on the base premium package. She liked the power of the EB, but she's never owned a sporty car, so anything faster than a family sedan is amazing. Next, I wanted to show her the 14 premium with Track pack and Recaros. As it was a manual I had to drive. I rowed through the gears and put her back in her seat a few times, she was grinning ear to ear. Though, she told me she was NOT impressed with the interior.

At this point, I figured she was sold on the EB and was about to head back to the dealer to place an order on a EB Premium with the Performance package.

She told me to pull over, as I did she looked me square in the eye and said "are you going to be happy with the EB? What is your dream mustang, right now?" I sat for a second, and thought about it. Told her in a perfect world, it would be a 15 GT Premium. She asked about the Recaros and Performance Pack. Told her on the 15 the Recoars, are mute, I would rather have the premium seats in saddle. As for the performance pack, I was unsure, I'd have to drive one.

We got back to the dealer and she stepped out of the 14, she looked at the sales guy and said, we want to drive a 15 GT with PP. Sure enough, the sales guy tossed me the keys to a white one with those exact options.

I took the GT for a spin, and fell in love. The car is so much more refined than the 14, it drove amazing. You can tell Ford spent some time on the car. As we were taking a bit of a longer test drive this time around, she then asked me again, is this what you want? are you happy with the base interior?

I can now honestly say, I know EXACTY what I want. I want a 15 GT Premium. I do not need the PP, as I will never track the car, and the stiffer suspension was a little too much and the short torque gears are un-needed here in Houston for a DD.

We got back to the dealership and I submitted a down payment and Order for a 15 GT Premium, in DIB with Saddle leather seats! Words cannot express how excited I am! This is my FIRST brand new car, and I cannot believe I ordered one Just the way I want it!

Mid-January cannot get her fast enough!
Sponsored

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
Congratulations. You will LOVE DIB. I got the Ceramic seats but would have been just as happy if not happier with Saddle. I bought on impulse and the car was close enough to make me ecstatic.

oyitsagreen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Congratz!!

Scooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Infiniti G37
CONGRATS!!!! Nice write up man!!!

Ordered on July 15th
2015 GT Premium(P8C) Competition orange (CY)
6MT(44X)
Equip Grp (401A)
Performance Package(67G)
Premium Trim(68B)
Reverse Pk Asst (77R)
Voice Activated Navigation System (91N)
Enh Sec Package (43S)
VIN# Received on 10/30/14
Build date of 12/8/14

Sponsored

texag70

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red GT Prem
That's a keeper right there son!
The Mustang or the wife? Just kidding. My wife has been great about my buy also and wouldn't be surprised if she drives it as much as I will. My F150 will still be my DD but it will be fun to drive the Pony on the weekends and up to Atlanta for the ball games. It's gonna look great parked next to my 65 V8 coupe, red also.

P51Guy

P51Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premiun GT Guard PP
Great story with a great ending, congrats.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks everyone. It's been a fun few weeks. Like I said, I have made so many trips to the Ford dealership, they should have thrown me out for loitering.

Now, I've got a few more questions. the MSRP on the car is 37,100. I've never bought a new car before, so I can't go through and nit pick things to bring the price down. I understand, it's always possible try and get the price down to Invoice. What is a good estimation on what they paid invoice? How do you guys go about nagotiation down to invoice?

This dealer claims to be the number one Mustang seller in the world, and it shows, they currently have 10 15s sitting on the lot as we speak. One is an LE and they said they should have their Second LE coming in this week.

Potrillo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT Premium
I think you can get X-Plan pricing thought the Mustang Club of America. I got it through work so I didn't need to go that route.

Also, if you have USAA, they have a car buying service, but it may be too late to get that price. That price was not X-Plan but it was a discount at some dealers. What it did do was show men which dealers were flexible on price. Funny, those that took $7 off MSRP didn't rate much consideration in my purchase. One did because I wanted to see the colors in person. I had no intention of buying but did see a CO and TY.

hunter7389

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT Premium M6 401 PP1, Silver
Very cool! I cant say that I'd be a fan of blue with reddish interior, but its your car! Enjoy!

Sponsored
OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very cool! I cant say that I'd be a fan of blue with reddish interior, but its your car! Enjoy!
The EB I test drove on Saturday had these exact options, and I loved it! normally, I would go the black route, but it just looked so good in person I had to have it.

OP
OP
TiE2000

TiE2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think you can get X-Plan pricing thought the Mustang Club of America. I got it through work so I didn't need to go that route.

Also, if you have USAA, they have a car buying service, but it may be too late to get that price. That price was not X-Plan but it was a discount at some dealers. What it did do was show men which dealers were flexible on price. Funny, those that took $7 off MSRP didn't rate much consideration in my purchase. One did because I wanted to see the colors in person. I had no intention of buying but did see a CO and TY.
what is x-plan? how do I join the Club? Cost?

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Congrats and good luck with your order.

Now, I've got a few more questions. the MSRP on the car is 37,100. I've never bought a new car before, so I can't go through and nit pick things to bring the price down. I understand, it's always possible try and get the price down to Invoice. What is a good estimation on what they paid invoice? How do you guys go about nagotiation down to invoice?
The only way you'll get the price on one of these down that low at this time, unless you have a close and long standing relationship with the dealership, is via X-Plan pricing.

As others have said, join the Mustang Club of America and get an X-Plan pin. X-Plan pricing will put you right above invoice. This is what I did.

Since you've already ordered the car, go back and ask them if they'll do X-Plan pricing before doing anything else.

The Dude Abides

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT PP Magnetic
what is x-plan? how do I join the Club? Cost?
Go to the order/price/tracking thread, there is an xplan sticky with more than enough information to get you XPlan pricing. There is absolutely no reason for you to pay MSRP.
Sponsored