Sponsored

Unsolicited Compliments

doulos4jc

......looking^
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Mustang
It must have been pretty cool when the first ones hit the streets last year.
Yea it was...got mine Nov. 2014 and for almost a year, with rare exception, I was the only mustang I ever saw in the wild. Now I see at least one a day sometimes three and four. Also I've never have seen a ingot silver or guard.
Sponsored

ForTheHordeKT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Performance Package
I've seen a few S550's around here, but not much yet. My neighbors gave a lot of compliments the day I brought it home, and just about everyone in my line of work is a gearhead so I get a lot of comments there. Other than that though for me, most of the positive attention I see on the road comes from other mustang owners lol.

White Stallion 11

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB Prem Vert w/PP, '20 GT Prem Vert w/PP
That's so funny, I do the same thing. Ill pick my son up after football and 30 guys are sitting there waiting looking at it when I pull up :)
Occasionally I pick my daughter up from High School. All of the guys waiting to be picked up are usually staring. If not, a little rev from the Magnaflow Comps gets them to immediately ignore their phones.

Compliments get thrown my way as we drive off.

I think a lot of the compliments come because of the new body style. I bet in 2018 the person who buys a Mustang will get nowhere the compliments we do now. Saturation will have occurred.
Isn't it amazing?

On my way back to the house from the World War II Memorial in D.C. a couple of Sundays back, I had the top down and was stopped a light on a one-way street, a few feet short of the crosswalk.

For those of you who have not experienced D.C. this time of year, the place is totally overrun with school groups, especially junior and senior high school types.

At any rate, while waiting for the light to green and the hordes to move across the street, ten teenage boys from somewhere out in the middle of Iowa--fourteen through sixteen, I suspect--stopped dead in front of my car, mouths agape, and mumbling, "Wow!", "Awesome!", "Cool, man!", "What a car!", etc. In other words, they went into a collective transient state of incapacitation while walking around, admiring my car, and paying me compliments.

When the light turned green, traffic was stopped as a result of this bunch in the middle of the street, complete with angry drivers on either side of me. I immediately told them that it was so good of them drop by; that I really appreciated their courtesy, interest, and enthusiasm in my Mustang; and that I thought it would behoove them to proceed to the nearest curb as a D.C. Metro Police Officer was hoofing it enroute to our location. They disbursed quickly with each of them giving me a high five as they proceeded down the street.

All I can say is, maybe S-550's are rare in the farmlands of Iowa. In any case, I will let you figure it out.

In the meantime, let's thank God that some of our boys still have the sense of awe over a Mustang as did I when I was their age.

RJ

Sponsored

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT
I'm raising this one from the dead. Holy fish paste batman!

Just got another compliment in the drive-thru while I was picking up food.

I've had my GT the last few months and have gotten WAY more compliments in the GT than I ever got in my Ecoboost. It's crazy. Of course, the GT I own is modified. I know some of it has to do with the exhaust note as well.

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
I'm raising this one from the dead. Holy fish paste batman!

Just got another compliment in the drive-thru while I was picking up food.
I hope you're not actually EATING that food in the Mustang! That is 100% frowned upon and will get your forum account disabled and you will be banned for life!

Reactions: Ebm

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
It's a bit strange that in my area we still get compliments on our '13 GT Vert. I think it's that we have a car that many, for different reasons, can't own. But, still appreciate a great American car.

Ebm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Guy
Vehicle(s)
'14 GT

I hope you're not actually EATING that food in the Mustang! That is 100% frowned upon and will get your forum account disabled and you will be banned for life!
:lol: shhhh! It's our little secret. No one else can know...

Sponsored

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
One on the day I picked it up (while washing it) from a teenage girl walking her dog. Said the color was 'stunning.'

Other while at a gas station, guy jokingly asked if I wanted to trade for his beat to shit F150.

I see a lot of people glaring at it (probably because they can't quite tell what's different about it than 15-17s but somehow know it's newer), but not many people talking to me.

Zero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
It's funny. In my region, the Mustang is so ubiquitous that you're sure to encounter half-a-dozen ponies in the span of an American mile. Especially on weekends. Yet in spite of their being as common as mosquitos in the summertime, my race red/black accent S550 receives a tremendous amount of (positive?) attention. I never really bought it for attention. That said, I confess that it's cool knowing that other people like my baby. Call it an unintended yet welcome sense of purchase affirmation.

Last edited:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
My wife tells me people stare to see who the douche bag in the Mustang is lol.
Don't know why that reminded me of the joke about the douche bag who rode a horse in the parade every year. Someone commented they saw him on a beautiful mare in the parade and the tenderfoot douche bag says, no it was a stallion because I kept hearing people say "look at that horse with the big pr...."

Vato

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Saleen White Label
Vehicle Showcase
The local Carl's Jr loves when I come by. All they ask is for a few revs for a discount. I'm sure it costs me more in gas versus the discount on a burger but it's fun.

My wife has always talked trash about Mustangs. Now that we own one, I catch her slipping on the hate. She'll make comments like, "there's so many nicely washed mustangs out today." "I was thinking maybe you should keep my hybrid as your daily and only take out the stang on weekends." The best one was, "aww...we're not going in the stang?"

Bottom line....this design of Mustang is probably the best since the 60's in my opinion. It makes the most antagonists a supporter in the end.
Sponsored