Unplugged Vs advance trac off

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I’ve been running unplugged for a few months now but last Friday I plugged the traction control back up on last past of the night and I get my fastest ET ever. So my question is does running unplugged slow the car down ???

2018 A10
Lund Tuned E85
Sponsored

Face

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
So many factors to consider outside of the 'plug'. For one, was the air/DA a little better last night than your previous outings? Ethanol content could've been a little higher, etc.

You could always do a back to back test (allowing for a little cooling between runs) to see if it delivers drastically different results but my guess is it was all coincidental.

Either way, congrats!

OP
OP
bigwill90

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
So many factors to consider outside of the 'plug'. For one, was the air/DA a little better last night than your previous outings? Ethanol content could've been a little higher, etc.

You could always do a back to back test (allowing for a little cooling between runs) to see if it delivers drastically different results but my guess is it was all coincidental.

Either way, congrats!
Yeah I was thinking the air could have been a little better but the car just felt stronger. I knew it was my best pass ..I’ll be at the track tonight plan on making passes plug and unplugged.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Some have said that unplugging it disables drag mode...that it is still there in track apps but not actually working. I do not know if that is true.

OP
OP
bigwill90

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Some have said that unplugging it disables drag mode...that it is still there in track apps but not actually working. I do not know if that is true.
Yes I seen that a while back .

Sponsored

markmurfie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT
IDK about the 18+, but I image it would not be too different from what I like. I like to have advance trac off and sensor plugged in. This allows me to use line lock. Being able to use line lock allows me to hold a steady RPM and really feel the traction of the tires while doing the burn out. Tire temp and track temp difference is very critical in optimizing traction. Traction is king at the drag strip. I can usually tell from how my burnout went if my car will launch well or not and judge how hard I should launch. Do enough line lock burn outs and you get a "feel" for it.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
I’ve been running unplugged for a few months now but last Friday I plugged the traction control back up on last past of the night and I get my fastest ET ever. So my question is does running unplugged slow the car down ???

2018 A10
Lund Tuned E85
If your car has the toggle drag mode you do not want to unplug the connector. For me my drag mode is in the tune. Unplugged works fine in my car. I will run it both ways hopefully 2morrow.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I also agree about the use of line lock. With street tires, I didn't even do a burn out. However, now that I use DRs at the strip, I want ZERO braking on the rears when I heat up the DRs. Gives a better feel and eliminates rear brake pad wear.

OP
OP
bigwill90

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Went to local track Friday night to make a plugged and unplugged run and some one hit the wall crack the barrel so they close the track ....0 runs

Confuzed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kip
Vehicle(s)
2018 a10
Unplugged WILL slow you down. Back to back tested on base 2018 gt Roughly .05-.10 slower.

Last edited:

Sponsored

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
18+ you can feel the shift firmness lost when you run "unplugged".. AKA disables drag mode.

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase