Uniden radar mount?

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
So I've had my Uniden R1 for a couple months now and I'm using the little suction cup mount that come with it but it too flimsy so I want to mount it up on the mirror but I can't bring myself to spend $100 on a blend mount to mount it there. What are you guys using to mount your detectors?
Sponsored

JohnBoyNC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP

bdm219

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1, 401A, AE, B&O
I use a blend mount. I've tried the Amazon wanna-be's and they still bounced no matter how hard you tightened them. I get zero movement with the blend mount. The price sucks, but you'll only buy it once. You're paying for their Engineering R&D, the product probably costs $25 bucks to mill, deburr, coat & assemble.

MikeHTally

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 EcoBoost Mustang, 2020 Explorer Limited
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
I use a blend mount. I've tried the Amazon wanna-be's and they still bounced no matter how hard you tightened them. I get zero movement with the blend mount. The price sucks, but you'll only buy it once.
thats what I'm thinking now, spend 40 on a cheap one just to end up hating it and then spend 100 on the one I should have got in the first place...

Thanks! In the meantime if any one else has ideas im still open to suggestions before i buy the blend mount

ts03691

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Had no issues with the one I ordered off Amazon but I may be the exception the to rule. The Blend Mount one seems excellent. The mirror tap I got off amazon for the Uniden worked without issues as well and was cheaper than the blend mount wire tap. Just in case you want to order the wire tap separately. I know you didn't ask about the mirror tap and may not need it. Just trying to help if you needed that as well.

OP
OP
Matco

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Well order the blend mount Sunday and it showed up yesterday so I went and installed it last night and all I can say is wow, fit and finish is excellent and I can confirm that it will work with the safe and smart package cars. No more bouncing radar on the windshield, this thing is rock solid.

thunderstrike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 6 spd
You can make your own. I saw this design at an Audi forum, the poster who is a police officer made it for me. Shipped to me free of charge. I borrowed the design and made another one for my Mustang.

Buy a strip of 3M Dual Lock Velcro tape from eBay. Use the radar detector mount, take off suction cups and use tie wrap (thru a pair holes you drill) to a piece of thin mounting plate (something thin, durable) and put 3M Dual lock. Mount a mating 3M Dual Lock to windshield, then Velcro mate the radar detector mount with 3M dual lock mated to the windshield. Well hidden, can't be seen easily outside which deters thief. I used the Mirror Tap to power Valentine 1.

V1 -3.jpg
V1 -4.jpg
V1 -F-1.jpg
Sponsored