Sponsored

Under body cover to protect engine

clubst

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 conv ecoboost
Hello All,
After accidentally ending up on a muddy road, I noticed my engine bay is fully covered in splashed mud. There I noticed there is no body cover under the engine to protect it from mud, salt, etc. splashing from the road. I called the dealer, and they said my model (2017 ecoboost conv) did not have an engine cover underneath. I can literally see the ground in multiple places as I look through the engine bay. Do you have the same issue? If so, is there an available cover to be installed under the body to protect the engine. Engine bay gets dirty so quickly this way and I cannot imagine what salt will do to the exposed engine in winter as well.
Thanks people!
Sponsored

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
You have to be very careful that the part is designed well enough that you still have enough airflow to prevent high engine compartment temperatures. I'm sure the one in the Performance Pack meets this criterion but be careful with aftermarket solutions.

Last edited:

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
My 17 GT has the cover under the engine and it's not a PP car.

Brian V

USA Retired
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015ecoboost premium 201A Nav Sec Race Red
You are being lied to and need to pursue the issue of a missing splash shield with Ford and another dealership . All S550 's come with the shield from the factory ...........

Sponsored

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

gbgreen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gerry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Manual V6 Mustang Coupe
I think that there may be some confusion here because it appears as if there are two different belly pans. It looks like there is a shorter one for non-performance pack cars and a longer one (that covers more of the engine compartment) for performance pack cars.

2015Etrac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black 2016 Mustang GT Premium 401a
Yeah, the easiest way to tell a GT performance pack model is there is a small flap built in to change the oil filter without removing the whole cover. The 20" wheel cars also have this version. Actually, it looks like the Ecoboost doesn't have much of a cover under the engine bay. Just a small aero type piece at the very front. I wonder if the GT versions will fit or if there is an aftermarket part for it?

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Me too, but mine is a '16 GT.

Just because I was curious, I looked at Ford parts website and only see one p/n 17626, it words it as for the GT, but also just says coupe? Anyway here's the link in case you want to dig deeper.

https://parts.ford.com/shop/en/us/body/other-body-related-parts-front/100/1#list
On Levitt I'm seeing different part numbers for both.

https://parts.levittownfordparts.co...0l-v8-gas-engine/body-cat/splash-shields-scat

Curious if there are any pictures to compare both.
Screenshot 2018-05-31 08.10.45.png

Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
$246 for a little piece of plastic? Wow.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
You guys should look at this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100800

It covers adding the front stiffening members missing on non-PP cars - including the upgrade of the insulator that sits directly below the engine fwd of the oil pan's drain plug. The thread includes all of the part #'s you'd need to do this yourself if you have a non-PP car.

The non-PP version is a solid plastic panel held in by 6 - 7mm screws, and has to be completely removed to change the oil. In this thread you effectively install the lower K member that should come with a PP car along with the replacement for the insulator. The new one provides easy access to the oil filter w/o removing the entire thing. You need the K-brace (lower cross-member) the replacement insulator, an extra 7mm screw for the access to the oil filter, and 6 bolts that holds in the k-brace.

If you just ordered these parts only it would look something like this:
StiffeningPartsList_Insulator_Replacement.png

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
thanks BluePony! My CS came with the upper strut brace but needs the lower K member brace.

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
My '15 Vert has the full under cover where you have to extract the Oil Filter through the little unscrew flap. The only difference at least in '15 between GT PP and non PP was that the PP had a couple of grooves to steer air to the brake area, but the size was the same. Cannot answer about cars after that, or about EB cars.

CVCashmere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carl
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Vert w/Steeda lower brace, PP sways & susp
This is a great post!!!!

CVCashmere

You guys should look at this thread:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100800

It covers adding the front stiffening members missing on non-PP cars - including the upgrade of the insulator that sits directly below the engine fwd of the oil pan's drain plug. The thread includes all of the part #'s you'd need to do this yourself if you have a non-PP car.

The non-PP version is a solid plastic panel held in by 6 - 7mm screws, and has to be completely removed to change the oil. In this thread you effectively install the lower K member that should come with a PP car along with the replacement for the insulator. The new one provides easy access to the oil filter w/o removing the entire thing. You need the K-brace (lower cross-member) the replacement insulator, an extra 7mm screw for the access to the oil filter, and 6 bolts that holds in the k-brace.

If you just ordered these parts only it would look something like this:
Sponsored