Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Convertible
Hello all,

Last June, I bought a 2016 Mustang GT conv with a Roush axle back. I love th esounf but the girlfriend find it a bit too much . ( PLease don't say anything like change your GF or do not ride with her). I was thinking about the possibility to use the thanksgiving discount ( hope there will be) to buy a Ford Performance touring axle back. Does anyone has experience with that model. Is it quiter for the price or just not enough difference to justify this move?
Sponsored

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Hello all,

Last June, I bought a 2016 Mustang GT conv with a Roush axle back. I love th esounf but the girlfriend find it a bit too much . ( PLease don't say anything like change your GF or do not ride with her). I was thinking about the possibility to use the thanksgiving discount ( hope there will be) to buy a Ford Performance touring axle back. Does anyone has experience with that model. Is it quiter for the price or just not enough difference to justify this move?
Should try a borla tru-x resonator unless you are supercharged

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
…to buy a Ford Performance touring axle back. Does anyone has experience with that model. Is it quiter for the price or just not enough difference to justify this move?
I’ve had the FP Touring on my GT since early 2017 — it’s a great exhaust. Tested at 94.6db during a German inspection (95db was legal limit).

Here’s a video I took featuring the FP exhaust while cruising and accelerating:

I think the Roush and FP Touring are close in db, with the Roush being the louder of the two. Hopefully the video can help you judge whether a swap is justified.

— Mike

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe think about picking up a take off stock exhaust.
You can probably get one for close to nothing from someone doing an aftermarket swap.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
You could even add in a pair of Vibrants on existing setup. Would tone it down some but still be cost effective.

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
You can probably get one for close to nothing from someone doing an aftermarket swap.
^^^^^^
This. Since your car doesn’t have active exhaust the stock will be the best way to go since it’s quiet as hell to me. Even the active exhaust is quiet as hell to me. You have many options.

OP
OP
Jackismydog

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
You could even add in a pair of Vibrants on existing setup. Would tone it down some but still be cost effective.

Perdon my ignorance but what do you mean by pair up? Is it a resonator added?

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
Perdon my ignorance but what do you mean by pair up? Is it a resonator added?
Sorry Vibrants I'm referring to are small bullet resonators that you could weld inline.

ICU812

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Tempo, Ford Mustang,FFR,Crown vic.
This, add electric cut outs for when you want to let-er-rip.

OP
OP
Jackismydog

Jackismydog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Francois
Vehicle(s)
Sorry Vibrants I'm referring to are small bullet resonators that you could weld inline.

This is an option I'm interested. Can you please ellaborate and give me an example or even better the vibrant part number you are referring to ? Again, in my 35 years of motorcycling that was an option to quit down exhaust and block the broche cop option!

Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
This is an option I'm interested. Can you please ellaborate and give me an example or even better the vibrant part number you are referring to ? Again, in my 35 years of motorcycling that was an option to quit down exhaust and block the broche cop option!
So personally, on my last setup, I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s. Those are 3" in and out and 12" long. I placed them on the straight piping after the muffler before reaching the double x, based on the below pic as a guide. If you are running stock size piping though you will want the one that corresponds to that size.

Vibrants.jpg

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Hello all,

For 2016 you can get active xforce varex exhaust. Reasonably priced for active one. With closed valves it is close to stock. Open/Close with remote, or, you can adjust it with mobile app in 1% increments, based on GPS location or things like car speed etc.

Highly recommend active exhaust as you can adjust for yourself today, for your current gf, for your next gf, for youself in a couple of years, etc.

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
So personally, on my last setup, I added a pair of Vibrant 1794s. Those are 3" in and out and 12" long. I placed them on the straight piping after the muffler before reaching the double x, based on the below pic as a guide. If you are running stock size piping though you will want the one that corresponds to that size.

Vibrants.jpg
What your setup LTH Catless? with Corsa Extreme or Sport? What your feedback after installing a pair of vibrant resonator?

I have Catless LTH with Corsa Sport and I am looking to lower a bit the sound and the raspiness

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
What your setup LTH Catless? with Corsa Extreme or Sport? What your feedback after installing a pair of vibrant resonator?

I have Catless LTH with Corsa Sport and I am looking to lower a bit the sound and the raspiness
So when I had that setup it was ARH catted into Xtremes. The tone had that awful trumpety note. The resonators killed that tone and brought the volume down a bit too.

GT83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance Package
So when I had that setup it was ARH catted into Xtremes. The tone had that awful trumpety note. The resonators killed that tone and brought the volume down a bit too.
Thanks and the raspiness did it lower or keep the same?
Sponsored