OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
This is the novi kit incase you were curious. I can't justify 14g for twins when i can have a jt-b that will make similar power for 4g less. Whatever you pick, im sure you'll be happy. Force induction is great.
I thought twin turbos were around 8K. Have you had the NOVI on the dyno yet?
Sponsored

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I thought twin turbos were around 8K. Have you had the NOVI on the dyno yet?
Hellion base kit that makes around 950rwhp seems to be pushed to the max. Its 8500 for their tuner kit, that isn't a complete kit not fueling/not all the required parts. Im not cool with running any force induction item at max to meet goals. Upgraded turbos are damn near 15g when all the fueling parts are added. I was at just a tick over 10g for the JTB kits with fueling.

I don't own any blower yet. By the time im in the market, maybe lund will have his (fluid concept turbo kits) complete kits for the 10,500 it looks like hes going to price it. 10,500 is his larger turbo kit.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
I may be wrong, but when I called Paxton this week about their upcoming kit (complete with tuning) I was told that the base head unit for the '15 was a novi 2200. I could by wrong, but I'm almost sure that's what the guy at Paxton told me.

I'll call again on Monday and verify that.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
I may be wrong, but when I called Paxton this week about their upcoming kit (complete with tuning) I was told that the base head unit for the '15 was a novi 2200. I could by wrong, but I'm almost sure that's what the guy at Paxton told me.

I'll call again on Monday and verify that.
No you are correct. Its a 2200sl My phone changed it on me. I guess thats what i get for posting from it. Sorry.

Beefs got good prices on paxton and vortech blowers. This is the paxton. http://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/bfspec2015paxton2200sl.html

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
What is the 2200 rated for? I was under the impression the 2200 is a better (bigger) blower than the one that comes with the vortech.

I want to run low 10's high 9's. A buddy of mine has a 11-14 5.0 running in the 8's with a Paxton.

Sponsored

Wvmike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP
One thing I have not seen mentioned here is that you will get more rwhp at the same boost with a turbo versus a blower.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
What is the 2200 rated for? I was under the impression the 2200 is a better (bigger) blower than the one that comes with the vortech.

I want to run low 10's high 9's. A buddy of mine has a 11-14 5.0 running in the 8's with a Paxton.
ysi> jt-b> jt=sl2200. some vortech blowers definitely are bigger then the 2200sl but you dont need those for your goals. The paxton 2200sl can run High 8s and 150mph trap. I just prefer to not max turbos or blowers out to reach my goals. If you want to run 9s look no farther then the paxton. They are cheaper then vortechs equivalent std JT and every bit just as good. The paxton sl2200 can make rwhp1030 at best that ive seen. Which was a stretch from what most poeple would run it at 970s. I prefer to build bigger then my goals. Parts last longer.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
1000 hp is more than I plan on making since I'm not planning on building a motor for that level. Want to utilize the stock motor.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
1000 hp is more than I plan on making since I'm not planning on building a motor for that level. Want to utilize the stock motor.
you dont have to build the motor for the paxton to be a great choice. You said you wanted 9s. Thats roughly 650rwhp. It will be your best blower choice. Youll spend just as much for most blower and not have the room for growth if you get bored. There 800hp paxton novi 2200sl kit starts at under 6g. Its when you go for more hp out of that blower the cost goes up.

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
9's sounds great and on the stock motor is a bonus!!! Things sure have come a long way since my last mustang (fox body)

Thanks for the info

Sponsored

cp5899

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2015 ingot silver gt pp
For sure. I had a twin turbo 351w, but it was far from stock!! I like the idea of doing it with the stock motor and my a/c seats on. :-)

OP
OP

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
I just watched the show where they installed the hellion turbo and a few things concerned me.

1. They mentioned about 5 times make sure to do this properly or an over boost situation could occur. It concerns me that a wastegate failure could over boost the engine and destroy it.

2. The vacuum lines and or breather lines stuck into the end of the air filter looks a bit half assed for a system that cost 9K.

mustang_guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
it has an engine!
The only kit that id consider that isnt out yet is fluid concepts. They are kits being put together by lund. if i was going turbo id wait for his. Since jpc has expressed to me he isnt making a kit for the s550s. But with that said ive heard no news if he plans one for the s550 chassis either.
Sponsored