Sponsored

Tuning issues

Dramad1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, PP, Blk
I have noticed a similar issue with my bama tune. A camaro buddy of mine was at cars and coffee this morn and was talking to some of the 5oh guys and he was telling me they were saying my bama tune probably reset and I would have to reload the tune. Supposivly the 5oh fellas said it happens all the time.
Anyone heard of this? To reload a tune, do I need to reflash the factory tune before reloading the bama tune?
Temp Thread jack. No pun intended.
Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
I have noticed a similar issue with my bama tune. A camaro buddy of mine was at cars and coffee this morn and was talking to some of the 5oh guys and he was telling me they were saying my bama tune probably reset and I would have to reload the tune. Supposivly the 5oh fellas said it happens all the time.
Anyone heard of this? To reload a tune, do I need to reflash the factory tune before reloading the bama tune?
Temp Thread jack. No pun intended.
Yeah I would believe that except mine was getting retuned on the dyno by aed and he couldn't get the power to come up. He tunes the fastest coyotes in NorCal so he is pissed that the power wasn't coming up and can't figure out why. I never reloaded the stock tune if I switched from performance to the race tune and never had an issue. Until now of coarse lol

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Have you datalogged and looked at everything? If you have logs from back then to compare, that would be good. Look at MAF readings, timing, etc.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Have you datalogged and looked at everything? If you have logs from back then to compare, that would be good. Look at MAF readings, timing, etc.
We data logged in Thursday night and everything is reading correctly. The maf was reading under 300 with my airaid setup when I put the stock intake back on it was reading 350. I don't really understand the numbers but the ford tech told me as long as it was over 300 it was fine. I don't really understand the issue. I was thinking the dss axles and 20" wheels were lowering my numbers a bunch but it seems a lot of people have the exact stuff I have and have 40+whp.

Sponsored

MotorJoe

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB S550 GT Auto
If all the hardware is fine, the next move would be to change tuner.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
If all the hardware is fine, the next move would be to change tuner.
That's what the goal was with going to aed from bama. I'm gonna put the car back to stock and dyno it and see how it comes out.

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
Out of curiosity, have you re-flashed the tune since the car was in the shop?

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Out of curiosity, have you re-flashed the tune since the car was in the shop?
I've only been able to reflash the aed tune. He gets rid of the bama stuff. But I witnessed the cars low hp so I know he's not screwing with me. We did 4 crankshaft resets and multiple kam resets and nothing is better. I think something in the motor is hurt that's not coming out on the compression check or getting picked up by some sensors
Sponsored