Tuning issues

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
So I have a base model gt it has an airaid cai stainless works catless headers and mbrp exhaust with a bama tune. car was trapping 116 before then my buddy crashed my car when I let him joy ride it. So after I got the body work fixed I threw on some slicks and took it to the track and it went 12.0 @ 112. I thought that was way off so I dropped it off at aed for a dyno tune. It baselined at 380 with all my mods and just over 400 with the tune. Shaun is baffled and so am I. Where did all my hp go?? He has data logged it and nothing is off. I'm so confused. I know the car had to make good power before to trap 116 in a full weight car .
Sponsored

NewTekBuzz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT 6M
Yeah I think that's low, my mobile dyno baseline is 390 bone stock! I think mine is a bit high. But you got something going on

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Maybe an exhaust leak after the accident or crack in the exhaust. You won't just lose HP without some issue.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Maybe an exhaust leak after the accident or crack in the exhaust. You won't just lose HP without some issue.
Yeah no exhaust leaks and no codes or check engine light at all. Only thing that was replaced besides body panels was the charcoal canister that mounts under the spare tire area. Don't really know if that could cause anything but I wouldn't think it would.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Was the weather different the latest time at the track? Check the DA between the two timeslips. I'm not sure weather could cause 4mph though...but maybe. How was your experience at AED? I've been thinking about going up there, but I'm not sure I'm done with mods yet.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Was the weather different the latest time at the track? Check the DA between the two timeslips. I'm not sure weather could cause 4mph though...but maybe. How was your experience at AED? I've been thinking about going up there, but I'm not sure I'm done with mods yet.
It is definitely not air or density related. Car is missing a ton of power and it all happened after the accident that's why it's so weird. The car should be putting down 430-440 with my mods. And I have delt with shaun and drew for years I would never take my car anywhere else. Shaun literally spent the entire day on my car trying to figure things out. he is at a loss and so am I. I'm gonna work backwards and go through everything from the accident make sure everything is plugged in and working. I know there is so much more left in this damn car I just need to find it.

jkstang78

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
When you ran 116 What tire was that on. I see it says you throw on some slicks and went 112. What was your ET at 116? When you put the car on the dyno what tire was on it. Did you dyno the car before the accident?

Reason why I ask these questions is because a slick can run a slower mph then a street radial tire. You can get more wheel spin with a street tire were a slick will just hook up and go.

Plus Dyno numbers aren't always a correct way to check performance. Best way is always going to the track and see what it run's.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
What was your 60' and ET for the 116 and 112 trap? What was the DA on both days? Is your car an A6?

Like mentioned above, bolting on a set of slicks will sometimes lower your trap speed if you were getting some wheel spin before.

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
The car was run about two months apart. The weather was almost exactly the same. I've been racing cars for a long time and understand that slicks can cause a mph drop but I've never had a car that lost 4-5 mph from slicks. The car is a m6 car. When I was running 116 it ran a 12.6 with 2.2 60 ft. When it went 12.0 @ 112 it had a 1.7 60 ft on slicks. I took the car back on my same street tires I was runnin 12.6@116 on and the car only went a best of 12.8 @ 112 multiple times. And feels like it has no power in 4th gear. Something is definitely off I just don't understand what. I'm gonna run a compression and leak down on it on Monday and make sure the motor isn't hurt. Like I said before the only thing that was changed after the accident was that charcoal canister in the rear so I don't see how it lost so much power. And it was neber dynoed before the accident but my but dyno tells me it lost power especially in 4th gear. I will keep digging into it to try and figure it out. I will keep everyone updated. Thanks for all the comments

Rubedog

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP Magnetic 5.0 Redline Recaro
Is it possible that your clutch might be starting to slip?

Sponsored

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Damn man. How bad was the damage from the accident, and what was affected? Where was the damage?

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Damn man. How bad was the damage from the accident, and what was affected? Where was the damage?

the accident wasnt to bad. the front of the car had very little damage the most of the damgae was to the rear f the car and driver side quarter panel. i just dont see what could have changed the horsepower so drasticly.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
if your running 2 completely different tires, then there is no way to accurately compare the data.

we picked up 2 tenths when we went from slicks to drag radials , and that was on a car that was already going 9.2's......

2 tires, 2 months apart

I wouldn't give it any more thought

OP
OP

Kyle0995

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
if your running 2 completely different tires, then there is no way to accurately compare the data.

we picked up 2 tenths when we went from slicks to drag radials , and that was on a car that was already going 9.2's......

2 tires, 2 months apart

I wouldn't give it any more thought
but my issue is i ran the same tires i ran the 116 with again and it only trapped 112 thats best i could pull. car doesnt feel right feels very sluggish and put down less hp than my friends bone stock 15 on the same exact dyno the same exact day. we ran eachother on our street tires and i was dead even with him before i would walk away like he was sitting still. his car made 393 mine made 386 and again he has nothing done to his car and i have quite a bit. im just worried the motor got damaged in the accident somehow.
Sponsored