Tune second opinions

ENDEVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
With all the reading I’ve been doing lately on this site, I’ve been seeing a lot of bad things about Lund Racings tunes, and maybe it’s blown out of proportion or maybe not but with Beefcake recently dropping their support of them really makes me worry about my own tune. Where would I be able to get somebody to take a look at my tune and double check that everything is healthy? Obviously I’ll pay for their time but is this a service offered by any of the other tuning companies? I’d appreciate anybodys help on this.
Sponsored

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
If your not having issues then your tune is fine. Lund tunes give good power and are on the safe side for the most part. It's when your in the tuning process and things aren't going as smooth as they'd like that you may end up with customer service issues. Are you having issues with your current tune?

Goterr0r

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Agree with the above. If your tune is running fine, then your OK. I ran a Lund tune on my 14gt and my last 18gt and they ran great. I was actually one of the first people that Jon Jr was using to test the flex and e85 tunes when the 18's came out. Its just the support for things with Lund that sucks. If you want to add parts they don't like or change settings to your liking is when you'll run into issues with them.

rolfe.oliver

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Oliver
Vehicle(s)
1967 Mustang GT350 Tribute, 1971 Mustang Mach 1
Like others have said, are you having issues? If not. then you're fine. You'll start to notice that when Lund comes up, the same characters jump in to share their unfavorable opinions. I believe Lund is the highest volume aftermarket Mustang tuner, by far, and their tunes are vetted and they know the combos that work. No reason to start questioning anything. If you have an issue, hit Lund up in the ticket system. If you ask 10 people on the internet their opinion, you will get back 10 opinions. Besides...tune is encrypted and no one could fully view everything in the tune.

LethalSteveG

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Yellow Label
I have been using Lund Racing on my own cars for almost 10 years now and I have never had issues with them. NA and boosted setups too. Last time he touched mine was 2020 when I swapped to the Whipple and not once have had issues since and i drive mine pretty hard. Lund Racing is in the top tiers when it comes to tuning and thats why Lethal Performance is happy and proud to offer their tunes. Heck they were one of the first companies out there to use them and I would say their largest mover of tunes. Myself, have worked with tons of people over the years with them and it has been an overall awesome experiences.

Like others are saying, if your car is running good and they said everything looks fine, you are all set. I wouldn't worry one bit about it. Tunes don't change over time or go bad. Once it's dialed in, you are ready to go!.

Sponsored

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
Where would I be able to get somebody to take a look at my tune and double check that everything is healthy? Obviously I’ll pay for their time but is this a service offered by any of the other tuning companies? I’d appreciate anybodys help on this.
The best you can do for that scenario is to take it to a local shop with a dyno and hook it up to their scanner (if they have one) and monitor things like AFR, knock etc.

Or find someone locally to you with some sort of OBD2 scan device and take it on the street for some rips while you again log some key engine parameters.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
their tunes are locked so unless you can unlock it i dont think you can read them. you can as stated above have things checked out to make sure the car is running healthy from the different parameters. was kinda wondering the same thing with my car but havent had any issues so i dont think its worth tossing a couple hundred to another tuner if im not having issues and the car runs strong.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
so i dont think its worth tossing a couple hundred to another tuner if im not having issues and the car runs strong.
A couple pulls on a dyno with AFR is usually like $65-$80. Or a pizza and a 12 pack of beer for a local car enthusiast with a logging device.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
A couple pulls on a dyno with AFR is usually like $65-$80. Or a pizza and a 12 pack of beer for a local car enthusiast with a logging device.
i was talking more for another tune. dyno testing yeah shouldnt be more than 100

OP
OP

ENDEVR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tyler
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
If your not having issues then your tune is fine. Lund tunes give good power and are on the safe side for the most part. It's when your in the tuning process and things aren't going as smooth as they'd like that you may end up with customer service issues. Are you having issues with your current tune?
No, I’m not having any issues. Just looking for piece of mind. The car runs strong and everything. Maybe just my paranoia creeping up again lol. This is my first foray into the modding and tuning world so everything is new to me. I appreciate everyone’s advice though. Definitely helped to quell the fear of it. I might have a dyno run done next summer now but other than that it’s on the back burner for now. Thanks everyone!
Sponsored