Tune recommendations

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
Maybe that is why Lund quit posting his shops phone number. He is a total azzhat. There is no reason not to lower cold start idle, or shorten it's duration.

His tunes are solid but I don't like being talked down to when I'm paying 500 or more.

I had one of his tunes on a F150 I used to own. The tune was good but I'll never use his shop again. The last straw was when I wanted to put mustang cams in it, and asked if he could tune it, he talked to me like I was an idiot.
Sponsored

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
There is no reason not to lower cold start idle, or shorten it's duration.
Many tuners will only turn it down so much or not at all for optimal running conditions.

That said customer service is still an important aspect of transactions in any industry.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
That cold start is for emissions. It is set like it is to light the converter faster.

He may have had the EPA climb up his butt, however telling the customer no without a reason is just being an azz.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Customer service is still an important aspect of transactions in any industry.
^^^This.

I work in Marketing/Branding and I can't express to you how important the 6 steps of Customer Service is for business development.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
shop reccomended PBD and knew Rob Shoemaker so I went that route with 91 and e85 tunes. I'm pretty happy with it, the car will destroy other cars that cost 2, 3 and sometimes 4 times as much on the road course.

Best of all I didnt have to deal with Lund or AED's personality issues which are pretty well documented.
Rob's the biggest JACKASS out there.

Sponsored

stang77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0
Rob's the biggest JACKASS out there.

I am currently tuned by Lund now. Honestly I really haven't had any real negative experiences with them so far. I do know others that have had issues with one person over there though.

I thought Rob was supposed to be a pretty cool guy.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP

Daryl333

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daryl
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Just curious. Other than the cold start what did you not like about the Lund tune? Thank you, CH
I had some bucking when shifting in sport mode. Very inconsistent so couldn't manage a data log. Also could never get the tranny lock up quite right. After 3 revisions went back to the original tune. Nothing major but just didn't suit my driving style.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
I've had a few email tunes and none were to my liking. There was always something about the tunes that didn't suit me. Mostly auto trans related, but some had drivability issues.

When I would e mail or call and talk with them and get a revision it never was what I asked for. Many times I think they just sent back the same file.

So I bought HP Tuners software and tuned myself.

It took me several months of learning the Ford system but my car drives and shifts like I want.

YMMV

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Lund has been great for me. I've had hundreds of emails with them back and forth. They've even done a couple changes for me free of charge outside of the revision window. Runs great. I could never go back to the stock tune where it didn't even feel like 435 hp. Now with the tune and a few minor modifications (18 manifold, LU47s, JLT CAI) it feels like considerably more. Try the E85 tune. It's a real hoot.

Sponsored

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
VMP & I love it. Nice idle, probably not the most aggressive tune but I am fine with that. So far the revision with the new converter in has been great.

TheJackal

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BlowByRacing.com
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Saleen Mustang - 2019 F150 EcoBoost
I've been recently toying with the idea of getting a tune for my 16 GT. Right now it is stock but I have a ported 18 manifold, JLT intake, 47 lbs injectors and a GT350 throttle body sitting in my garage ready to be installed. I reached out to Lund but I wasn't impressed by their services. That's why I am here. I would like some recommendations on tunes. What are y'all rockin?
I know i'm late to the thread. But if there is anything I can assist you with, please feel free to reach out to me. Either through DM, e-mail at [email protected] or the old fashion way of giving me a call. 561-417-5555 ext. 301
Sponsored