Sponsored

Trying for 900whp.... need insight on mods.

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
So I landed some deals on slightly used take off parts for a car thats going twin turbo. I want to to try for 900whp area on e85 without porting the blower if possible. Would this list get me there or do I need more parts? Also im not chasing the number specifically I just want to be in the area so im not going care too much if its within 20-30hp of it.
Mod list
ngauge
id1300
division x rails
lethal race pipes
griptech 2.5 upper pulley
whipple tensioner
jlt intake
spe idler
plugs
jlt sepereator
Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
The shelby SE is getting geforce half shafts. I'm stock and I blew mine at the track. I understand why Shelby American is upgrading them with a HP bump.

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Who's doing your tuning? I managed 766 wheel on 94 with stock cats and the provided 3.875 pulley from the gen 5 kit. On E85 with no cats and the smaller pulley I don't see why you couldn't get to 900 wheel with the right tune. Are you planning on upgrading your clutch to a mantic or mcleod etc? The stock clutch will not handle that much power. What kind of rubber? The stock michelins will be useless so plan to go with something stickier like the r88r. I can't imagine 900 wheel on the street lol that would be bonkers. I have a hard enough time not spinning with under 800 wheel.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Clutch?

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Who's doing your tuning? I managed 766 wheel on 94 with stock cats and the provided 3.875 pulley from the gen 5 kit. On E85 with no cats and the smaller pulley I don't see why you couldn't get to 900 wheel with the right tune. Are you planning on upgrading your clutch to a mantic or mcleod etc? The stock clutch will not handle that much power. What kind of rubber? The stock michelins will be useless so plan to go with something stickier like the r88r. I can't imagine 900 wheel on the street lol that would be bonkers. I have a hard enough time not spinning with under 800 wheel.
This is on a 2020 gt500 with the dct. The stock clutches should hold the power pretty easily. I will go to r888s here soon. Its mainly going to be just fun hits on the street. Might hit the drag strip once or twice.

Sponsored

BlownVooDoo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
This is on a 2020 gt500 with the dct. The stock clutches should hold the power pretty easily. I will go to r888s here soon. Its mainly going to be just fun hits on the street. Might hit the drag strip once or twice.
Sorry I thought this was in the gt350 thread. I'm normally on my phone when I'm on here but I'm in the office all week so I'm looking at it on a computer screen. Again, sorry lol

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
Sorry I thought this was in the gt350 thread. I'm normally on my phone when I'm on here but I'm in the office all week so I'm looking at it on a computer screen. Again, sorry lol
haha its all good man!

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
THIS. You have the fuel with the 1300s and the rails... To be safe maybe the pump kit lethal sells, of course running E85

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So I landed some deals on slightly used take off parts for a car thats going twin turbo. I want to to try for 900whp area on e85 without porting the blower if possible. Would this list get me there or do I need more parts? Also im not chasing the number specifically I just want to be in the area so im not going care too much if its within 20-30hp of it.
Mod list
ngauge
id1300
division x rails
lethal race pipes
griptech 2.5 upper pulley
whipple tensioner
jlt intake
spe idler
plugs
jlt sepereator
No.
Why would you want to do things harder than they need to be?
1- call PBD and tell them to give you 9xx on E, minimum modifiations.

Why are you against porting the blower? efficiency is effeciency. you would have to run a smaller pulley to get the boost required for the result you are looking for.
Nguage
WD152 Intake
PBD 105mm Throttlebody
1320Junkie port
ID1300's
2.65 pulley
kittenless exhaust mod
tune

AMBJR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ALLEN
Vehicle(s)
03 Mustang Cobra-20 GT500
No.

Why are you against porting the blower? efficiency is effeciency. you would have to run a smaller pulley to get the boost required for the result you are looking for.
Nguage
WD152 Intake
PBD 105mm Throttlebody
1320Junkie port
ID1300's
2.65 pulley
kittenless exhaust mod
tune

AND, you will have, BELT SLIP, as I had!!!

Sponsored

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
No.

Nguage
WD152 Intake
PBD 105mm Throttlebody
1320Junkie port
ID1300's
2.65 pulley
kittenless exhaust mod
tune
He already has most of the parts though

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
THIS. You have the fuel with the 1300s and the rails... To be safe maybe the pump kit lethal sells, of course running E85
I thought there was plenty of fuel with just rails and injectors for the 900 range on e85??

No.

Nguage
WD152 Intake
PBD 105mm Throttlebody
1320Junkie port
ID1300's
2.65 pulley
kittenless exhaust mod
tune
Im not against porting it just if I were to port it right now I may as well do the whipple intercooler, throttle body, and port all at the same time. But then im another 3k or more in it. I got all of my parts barely used for 3k. I just thought my set up would be decently close and if i needed something like a throttle body or something else small i would grab it before my tune. Im having pbd do the tune on it.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I thought there was plenty of fuel with just rails and injectors for the 900 range on e85??

Im not against porting it just if I were to port it right now I may as well do the whipple intercooler, throttle body, and port all at the same time. But then im another 3k or more in it. I got all of my parts barely used for 3k. I just thought my set up would be decently close and if i needed something like a throttle body or something else small i would grab it before my tune. Im having pbd do the tune on it.
If you haven't got the parts yet then I would defer to @V00D00 . The 1320 stuff is great and worth spending an extra buck. I personally run Jason's stuff and pbd as well. Im merely saying the parts you listed will certainly get you close to where you wanted to be

OP
OP
JoeSTi

JoeSTi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 gt500
If you haven't got the parts yet then I would defer to @V00D00 . The 1320 stuff is great and worth spending an extra buck. I personally run Jason's stuff and pbd as well. Im merely saying the parts you listed will certainly get you close to where you wanted to be
I have already purchased the stuff listed, I couldnt pass it up. I got everything on the list for 3k, hell just the id1300s are almost 2k new. Im just not ready to drop another 3k on top of the current parts atm. Im building a turbo busa and its currently eating my shorts on money lol.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
I have already purchased the stuff listed, I couldnt pass it up. I got everything on the list for 3k, hell just the id1300s are almost 2k new. Im just not ready to drop another 3k on top of the current parts atm. Im building a turbo busa and its currently eating my shorts on money lol.
Totally understandable
Sponsored