Sponsored

True Equal Length Headers?

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Not sure if it's already been asked/addressed, but does someone know if any company is working on a true equal length header (even if it is a shorty or mid length design)? Just curious. Searching for the Ferrari-eque sound (yes, yes, I know firing order is different). Just curious too what the Voodoo would do with true equal length.
Yes, the recordings of GT350s with long tubes sound much more like a Ferrari.

I normally wouldn't consider changing the exhaust at all, but the sound with headers that are closer to equal tube lengths is amazing IMO. I might wait until the warranty is up, or at least wait a couple years and make sure I still want to keep the car. Since mine is a tech pack car and I want to get it to the track, Ford's solutions for cooling will probably also enter into my decision.
Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I'm still looking for a reputable company to make some equal length or at least non y shorties. I'd like to hear that. Yeah performance probably won't be affected but I'm curious.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
What is JBA up to? I haven't seen drawings or anything yet, I just know that they're working on some shorties.

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It adds a trivial amount of horsepower, but the sound is worth it. If there was a scale that went from growl to shriek, it tilts toward shriek. I'm gonna try and get some done in the next couple of weeks.

A.R. Headers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 G8 GT
Guys I wouldn't waste my time trying to get equal length headers or the Ferrari sound. This chassis will not allow equal lengths unless you want a cobbled up cut and weld hack job for headers. The 5.2L's bigger bore and stroke and the fact that the engine is up front compared to Ferrari's rear engine/small displacement is really going to determine what type of sound you'll have. My experience thus far is these engines sound far better with an X-pipe though the tone is far deeper than any Ferrari you'll ever hear.

Nick

Sponsored

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
It's been done. I've seen them and you are right, it ain't pretty, but it sounds wicked.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
It's been done. I've seen them and you are right, it ain't pretty, but it sounds wicked.
tell me more....same sound impact even with the factor mufflers?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Guys I wouldn't waste my time trying to get equal length headers or the Ferrari sound. This chassis will not allow equal lengths unless you want a cobbled up cut and weld hack job for headers. The 5.2L's bigger bore and stroke and the fact that the engine is up front compared to Ferrari's rear engine/small displacement is really going to determine what type of sound you'll have. My experience thus far is these engines sound far better with an X-pipe though the tone is far deeper than any Ferrari you'll ever hear.

Nick
You all heard it from the expert.

STOP TRYING TO MAKE YOUR MUSTANG SOUND LIKE A FERRARI. It's not going to happen. Firing order, head design, header design, exhaust total length, engine position...all of that combined is going to conspire against you.

Sponsored

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Doesn't sound like a Ferrari, but it does sound bad ass.

KGTG350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
16' GT 350
It adds a trivial amount of horsepower, but the sound is worth it. If there was a scale that went from growl to shriek, it tilts toward shriek. I'm gonna try and get some done in the next couple of weeks.

Interested in those videos when you get them!