Sponsored

tremec mag xl driveshaft problems

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt performance, whipple, stage 2 throttle body, rxt clutch, cf driveshaft, steeda subframe kit, 840 hp axles, X force w/ corsa long tubes and mickeys
Has anyone installed a Tremec magnum xl and had any driveshaft vibration problems due to driveshaft angle pitch. I have had nothing but 80 mph vibration problems although the first custom crome olly from AMP performance was a piece of crap jump rope I am now dealing with a carbon fiber shaft with vibration issues as well. They are making me another replacement and I hope that is the problem but any input on these issues would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I run a QA1 carbon fiber with my mag xl. I also ran one with my mt82 and both have no issue whatsoever. All other QA1’s I’ve installed for other people run without issue. Plenty of issues with other brands and aluminum posted on here but success stories as well.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Aren't there shops that can balance drive-shafts on the car? I'd think that would be the best answer, rather than trying this drive-shaft, that drive-shaft. And if there's a pinion angle issue, such a shop should be able to identify that too.

OP
OP

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt performance, whipple, stage 2 throttle body, rxt clutch, cf driveshaft, steeda subframe kit, 840 hp axles, X force w/ corsa long tubes and mickeys
I run a QA1 carbon fiber with my mag xl. I also ran one with my mt82 and both have no issue whatsoever. All other QA1’s I’ve installed for other people run without issue. Plenty of issues with other brands and aluminum posted on here but success stories as well.
I did start my research late after purchase and I would have gone with QA1 after the fact

OP
OP

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
I did start my research late after purchase and I would have gone with QA1 after the fact
IM allays the guy that gets the dented scratched or crooked crap first and then people think im the pain in the ass when i worry about my purchases. This cf driveshaft did come defective custom...they have already grinded on it twice for hours only to vibrate at a different speed. Driveshaft pros are making it good AFTER they experiment with mine....

Sponsored

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
QA1 just has a reputation for being right the first time and we pay for it but there is always an exception. Driveshaft pros should get you worked out. Tremec has a free app to check pinion angle and it’s a good baseline to use.

OP
OP

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
QA1 just has a reputation for being right the first time and we pay for it but there is always an exception. Driveshaft pros should get you worked out. Tremec has a free app to check pinion angle and it’s a good baseline to use.
Thank you I will check out app

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I have the issue as well. Its confusing that the Q1A doesn't have the issue but the DSS does, if it's a pinion flange issue. I wonder if somehow the Q1A allows more flex (isn't so locked to one axis) without compromising strength?

revinto7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
07 shelby-gt 14 camaro SS 1LE
I Did this swap back in 2011 in my s197 , what a pain in the ass to get rid of DS vibes due to the angle of a 1 piece DS , this is the reason for the 2 piece factory version. It took me 3k in 3 DS At the time and 9000 rpm balancing +shimming the transmission and adjustment of pinion angle to get it somewhat smooth enough to where I was happy, good luck this is the only problem with this swap , maybe the QA1 is the answer it wasn’t around when I did the swap

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
Not sure apples to apples but I did a TR6060 swap and went CF route...no issues at all.

OP
OP

dodger789

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
john
Vehicle(s)
Y
Not sure apples to apples but I did a TR6060 swap and went CF route...no issues at all.
yes this is becoming a pain in the ass. The other thing I found out about is indexing the new trans these things need to be engineered.
Sponsored