Trailer advice

Jdown

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JOSH
Vehicle(s)
2019 gt350 whipple charged, 1972 Camaro SS pro touring
Hey people, just wondering what trailer anyone is using for there 350's? Found out that it will not work on standard trailers especially with the splitter
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Race ramps will help. Make sure its a straight shot from the ramp on to the trailer. The ones that will not work is where the ramp sits down a few inches below the actual deck. A low boy with a long dove tail is what’s needed. And you want the fenders to be removeable.

Tractor Junk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Spencer
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350R, 16 GT350 FPRS #3, 2014 Boss 302S
Long race ramps and an electric tongue jack. Lifting the tongue high for loading/unloading greatly reduces the approach angle at the back of the trailer.

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
What others said - any reasonable car hauler will work - just get race ramps for it and make sure it has removable fender so you can open the door.

Altternatively you can look at tilt deck ones - Aluma, Sundowner or Futura (I think). They're not cheap though but substantially more convenient than anything with the ramps.

Sponsored

ZX3ST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, Kona Blue, J3116
What others said - any reasonable car hauler will work - just get race ramps for it and make sure it has removable fender so you can open the door.

Altternatively you can look at tilt deck ones - Aluma, Sundowner or Futura (I think). They're not cheap though but substantially more convenient than anything with the ramps.
Yep. Either race ramps or there are a number of places that will make ramps that are a bit more "permanent".

I'll offer this as a data point - I used to have a 20ft Aluma tilt trailer, which was the lowest angle of approach they offered. Still needed assist ramps for my lowered non-R. Even more so if my loading area wasn't perfectly level and flat.

Even with my new enclosed hauler, I added additional 72in long ramps to the ramp-door and it's still really close.

Point being though, it can be done. Just need to sharpen your pencil.

One of my track acquaintances has a Futura trailer for his GT500 track pack. He can get it on/off with no additional help. Again, as long as the loading area is flat and level.

EuroKllr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R
What's your price point, and what is your tow vehicle?

My budget was sub $10,000, and my SUV has a 7,500lb tow limit. New wasn't an option because prices with the options I wanted exceeded my budget, and the extra long lead time (2 - 3 months).

I recently purchased a used Kaufman open steel car hauler. It came with brakes on both axles (a must for me), a stone guard, winch, and 4ft dovetail. The standard steel 5ft slide-in ramps where to short/steep even with my Race Ramps (5-in. hgt X 5.5 degrees), so to keep the angle below 7 degrees I'm using 8ft aluminum ramps along with the Race Ramps. Also installed stabilizing jacks on the dovetail to keep the trailer from tipping up when loading. I added E-Track with tire tie downs because the GT350 sits so low its hard to reach the frame once the car is on the trailer.

Like others have said, be sure you get your car perfectly centered on the trailer. My trailer is 82-in wide between the fenders and I only have about 2 inches to spare, almost rim rashed my carbon wheels!

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
+1 for Race Ramps.

The GT350 is quite wide which leaves little clearance between the typical trailer fenders. For me, driving the GT350 carefully up the ramps and into the trailer while slipping the clutch was unnerving. - and occasionally clutch-burning stinky.

I found that installing a winch with a remote control made loading the car much easier and less stressful - on both me and the clutch!

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
Featherlite 3110 14' - small, light, and just barely fits a GT350.

Illinois Rest Area 2_12.3.31.jpg

Sponsored

jmn444

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
gt350
^^^ forgot about that point, i like winching it on as well, can watch the splitter and get it loaded with less stress that way.

john@fatfab

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby Omni
The race ramps will work but they are more as a solution to a standard equipped car trailer. If your shopping I would get the trailer made with long mounted ramps that are about the same length of the trailer door. If you do that, than you wont need to mess with carrying around loose ramps or boards.
20200219_160029.jpg

Crossi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
A 6' 2x6 and a 4' 2x6 stacked offset on each side works every time for me!
83426074-D1B7-4CD1-9C4E-5F1DEDAC5293.jpeg
Sponsored

Last edited: