Sponsored

Trade in v6 for a gt performance pack

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT performance pack
Hello Everyone,
I have been a regular guest at this wonderful site and appreciate all the latest news and information shared among members.
I have a situation on my hands and I want everyone's opinion.

I currently have a 2016 Mustang v6 convertible that has around 57000 km on it.
I have the option to trade it in for a 2016 GT with performance pack with 46000 kms for 40 dollars more a month.
I live in Ontario, Canada so we do get our fair share of snow.
I drove the v6 year round for the last 2 years with winter tires on and honestly it was manageable.

Getting a GT would be a dream come true for me as I have been obsessing over v8s ever since I was a child.
But I am confused if I should wait for the Hybrid Mustang to come out or wait and pay off the v6 before going for a trade. (that means waiting for 3-4 years)

I tried looking for existing posts related to my question so if anyone has a link to an existing post, I would love to take a look.
Thank you! :cheers:
Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
40 bucks a month more? Go for it.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
its $40 a month more, but is the length of the loan extended?

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If you want the GT now and have the money, go for it. Just pay attention to the terms of financing. Sure it may be $40 more a month, but that is also probably adding another 2 years (at minimum) on to your existing loan length.

If you're happy with the V6, I'd hold onto it for the next 4 years and grab a shiny new hybrid GT at that point when (hopefully) the full new model comes out. Might be a little more than 4 years though...

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I apologize for not mentioning this before but a trade in would in fact add 2 more years to my finance term.
I am happy with the v6 but I am not sure if I would feel the same for the next 4 years.
Not enough low end power and I can't convince myself to mod it.

Here is what my over optimistic mind is thinking:
1. Trade it for a GT and stop obsessing over getting a GT (checking out GT for sale on autotrader is like religion for me these days)
2. Keep the GT for 3-4 years and when the Hybrids come out, try for a trade again.

Sponsored

Rock&Roll

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Stick- 2022 VW GTI Stick -2011 HD Fatboy
Your default answer should always be ... get the GT.

Only 38 more payments and I own mine. :)
You say you’ll have more payments ? Whatever !!!

And ... WTF is this hybrid talk. Is that like a Toyota PRius and a Mustang do the nasty and give birth to a Hybrid Mustang. Yeah I want one of those #barf

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
If you want the GT then go for it, if the $$$$ are not an issue. Adding 2 years on financing can be an issue though. I never extend financing. Depreciation is always a consideration factor.:headbang:

mu5tang2016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB 3.7L
Keep the v6, pay it off, trade it towards a GT and get a brand new one when the next model comes out. if you still like the S550 you can always pick up a used one in 3-4 years for 15-18K in great shape i'm sure. Trading now will just kill your wallet. But if you got money to burn go for it! +40$/month +2 years.. thats a lot more. Plus your insurance will double or tripple. Oh yeah... then add the $1500 in mods you'll want to put in, LOL!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
^ he gets it. I'll hopefully stick with my current plan to just ride out my V6 for years, sit on it for at least a year maybe two so put the car payment money towards other obligations then go for the big upgrade. I'm 100% looking forward to what kind of hybrid Mustang there might be, they're no joke these days.

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thank for all the input guys.
I mentioned Hybrids because there might not be any regular GT after 2020.
Keeping a V6 does look like a sensible idea based on general consensus.

Sponsored

4 ROUSH

NONE
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD
Thank for all the input guys.
I mentioned Hybrids because there might not be any regular GT after 2020.
Keeping a V6 does look like a sensible idea based on general consensus.
GT remains in the lineup...........after 2020. Hybrid V6 Tubo AWD the for the Mustang. Fast ,performance oriented and another option for the consumer to choose. Lets add a new 289 cube V8 to the lineup at about 375HP. The 5.0 would remain as well. :gossip:

Last edited:

Stormtrooper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GTPP
Question is can you wait that long? Plus do you really want a Hybrid Mustang, they may not even have a V8 option by that time.

$40 on the monthly is not bad but you will pay extra in insurance and gas.

I went from a V6 to a GT and added way more than $40 per month....but damn do I love this car

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last time I checked with my insurance provider - the insurance was 1 dollar more per year.
Don't know how they gave me that quote. (this was an year ago)

I understand that fuel economy wont be as good as a v6 but I considered that already.
I think it all comes down to how much patience I can muster.

The idea of waiting for another refresh and getting the latest technology is sensible.
I will wait for a few more days and think this through.
Sponsored