Sponsored

Trade in v6 for a gt performance pack

poncho@home

GettingOld
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium
Congrats. Drive the shit out of it especially if you are young. Date your future wife with it and Chrsten the car with her in it somewhere quiet. Because that is what I did about 30 years ago. You never get those feeling back as you get older.

And if you are an old guy like me - never mind...
Haha, best advice!
Sponsored

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT performance pack
Awesome! What're you plans for it?
Right now I am thinking about an exhaust and racing stripes.
Over time, I would install the front grill with LEDs from RTR.

However, the very first expense would be a nice set of winter tires cause it gets crazy up here in nation's capital.

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Congrats. Drive the shit out of it especially if you are young. Date your future wife with it and Chrsten the car with her in it somewhere quiet. Because that is what I did about 30 years ago. You never get those feeling back as you get older.

And if you are an old guy like me - never mind...
Thats the plan!
In my early thirties so do not have a LOT of time but still some time before I have kids and they grow up and the back seats start getting too small

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Right now I am thinking about an exhaust and racing stripes.
Over time, I would install the front grill with LEDs from RTR.

However, the very first expense would be a nice set of winter tires cause it gets crazy up here in nation's capital.
You made the right choice, you only live once. Just don't put the Mopar hash marks on the fenders. It looks stupid AF :like:

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Have you had issues driving it around town since it makes zero power in the lower rpms?

Sponsored

66Bronc1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JT
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Financially it's ALWAYS better to keep a newer car and not trade it in. Depreciation and it will almost always cost you more- in payments, financing, etc. Do the math and you will see.

But on the other side life is short and you need to get what you really want. If you can reasonably afford it and want it, then go ahead and get it. I absolutely love my GT- way more than the 2017 Camaro V6 that I traded in for it. The GT makes me smile just starting it up, then driving it and smiling every moment. I am not sure how the V8 will perform in the snow though versus the V6 with the added torque- something else to keep in mind.

Hybrid- if you want one my opinion is get a Prius. Or a Tesla if you want a super fast hybrid. But you will never have that wonderful sound of a V8.

iBookmaster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red Ecoboost Premium
I just traded a 2011 loaded premium convertible for a 2018 ecoboost premium coupe. I wanted the V8 but, only for it’s sound. Both the V6 and the new ecoboost have plenty of power. For me, it was only about the exhaust sound. Everything else steers me to the non V8s.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Don't focus on the payment, look for the best value for your dollar.

Make sure you are getting strong money for your trade in, and a good price on what you are buying, then see what the payment would be yourself, use a payment calculator.

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Have you had issues driving it around town since it makes zero power in the lower rpms?
Coming from a V6, there is a big difference even in lower RPM
Tuning the car can always fix that issue.
However, I want to wait until I have driven it stock for long enough so that I can appreciate the change

P.S- not sure if your comment was sarcasm or are you actually unhappy with the power delivery.

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
However, I want to wait until I have driven it stock for long enough so that I can appreciate the change

P.S- not sure if your comment was sarcasm or are you actually unhappy with the power delivery.

I may be wrong but I think that’s a swipe at me for saying Mustangs are generally gutless especially the NA versions due to design priorities.

That is just how it is here. I actually find it charming in a way. When you are young and just starting out, you are unsure of yourself but getting a powerful car places your identity with something fast and powerful. That is why guys here get so miffed if you criticize their ride. As the years add up and your identity gets tied to your actual life accomplishments, then criticisms about your car mean nothing. I hope that answered things...

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette

Oh sarcasm lol for anyone complaining about power they have no clue how engines work and or bought the wrong car. I have just about 40k miles on the GT and haven't had issues driving it around if anything I would rear end people 100% the time if I put the pedal down even when I was stock. I had a 2014 3.7 before I bought my 2015 GT so I know both engines pretty good but I don't really share too much because people get mad at me and call me a hater :D

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
I may be wrong but I think that’s a swipe at me for saying Mustangs are generally gutless especially the NA versions due to design priorities.

That is just how it is here. I actually find it charming in a way. When you are young and just starting out, you are unsure of yourself but getting a powerful car places your identity with something fast and powerful. That is why guys here get so miffed if you criticize their ride. As the years add up and your identity gets tied to your actual life accomplishments, then criticisms about your car mean nothing. I hope that answered things...
I've seen the same thing for nearly four years on here so it becomes a joke. Just look at the dyno graphs and check the torque curves. Yes it makes less torque than the LT1 and the 6.4 hemi as expected but no torque, gutless, no power? Prove it to me and Ill admit I am wrong.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
They call you a hater for stating the obvious ? Noooooooo. I had an 11 3.7. Cute little car.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
They call you a hater for stating the obvious ? Noooooooo. I had an 11 3.7. Cute little car.

It is and I love it. Starts every time and not one single issue. Criticize some other stuff in my life and those are fighting words. Just saying... :wink:
Sponsored