OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT performance pack
sid, if you've been dreaming about a GT since you were a child I say why wait. I'm not sure of your age, but if you're like me with more years behind you than you have ahead of you waiting isn't an option I wouldn't even consider. If $40 more, and 2 years on the loan won't hurt your finances I say get that GT. Life's to short to drive a V6 when you want to drive a V8.
Amen to that!
Yes I have been a fan for muscle cars ever since I saw Dukes of Hazzard.
Dont even remember the movie but the muscle car sound stuck in my head.
It was only later that I realized that it was actually a charger but I was already in love with mustangs by then.
Sponsored

ghig302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boss
What about an all wheel drive four turbo like an Audi or BMW? If I still lived in Olympia, WA, I would have an all wheel drive diesel BMW.....

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
sid, if you've been dreaming about a GT since you were a child I say why wait. I'm not sure of your age, but if you're like me with more years behind you than you have ahead of you waiting isn't an option I wouldn't even consider. If $40 more, and 2 years on the loan won't hurt your finances I say get that GT. Life's to short to drive a V6 when you want to drive a V8.
<- This. We traded my wifeā€™s ā€˜12 Audi A8L for the ā€˜18 GT Vert. It was pretty much a matter of now or never as age creeps up on us. The Audi is a fantastic car, but the GT is just crazy fun! :headbang:

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
<- This. We traded my wifeā€™s ā€˜12 Audi A8L for the ā€˜18 GT Vert. It was pretty much a matter of now or never as age creeps up on us. The Audi is a fantastic car, but the GT is just crazy fun! :headbang:
Oh so true. This is the wife's 3rd GT ('10, '13), and the '18 10spd is absolutely the bestest I driven. So much so she almost messed up, and has me wanting to trade my '06 GT for an '18 manual. Won't happen, but I would like too. :)

Sponsored

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Hello Everyone,
I have been a regular guest at this wonderful site and appreciate all the latest news and information shared among members.
I have a situation on my hands and I want everyone's opinion.

I currently have a 2016 Mustang v6 convertible that has around 57000 km on it.
I have the option to trade it in for a 2016 GT with performance pack with 46000 kms for 40 dollars more a month.
I live in Ontario, Canada so we do get our fair share of snow.
I drove the v6 year round for the last 2 years with winter tires on and honestly it was manageable.

Getting a GT would be a dream come true for me as I have been obsessing over v8s ever since I was a child.
But I am confused if I should wait for the Hybrid Mustang to come out or wait and pay off the v6 before going for a trade. (that means waiting for 3-4 years)

I tried looking for existing posts related to my question so if anyone has a link to an existing post, I would love to take a look.
Thank you! :cheers:

Buy it! The V8 can also make it through the winter. Mine did for 18 years. I donā€™t recommend getting the 2018 or early 2019s until the major problems disappear so this is one of those rear occasions I say buy used. But if it is the black GT at the dealer at Yonge and Steeleā€™s (Toronto) then donā€™t buy. Problems with that one. You can thank me later.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
One more thing to be fair. He wants to scratch an itch and I get that. But be forewarned that the V8 is also gutless at low revs but it does have those stickers on the fender and the V8 rumble. We didnā€™t think about V8 rumble back in the day as everything was a V8 - but I digress. Also check out a used Camaro SS - Just saying...that car has a different personality you may like.

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
Please define ā€˜gutlessā€™... Compared to your V6?

Both gutless at low revs compared to something like a Camaro. They are actually very similar in design. He is making a switch to the same car with slightly more power and torque but the same torque curve. He may be underwhelmed. But he should at least check out the competition before he makes the jump!

Your wasting any V8 envy with me as every car before was a V8 including Corvettes. Iā€™m immune to that so Iā€™m staying with the V6 for now. But the V8 is a new thing for him. So why not take an SS for a test drive?

Nomadic

King of Europe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Current: '19 Mustang GT base 6spd (SOLD),'19 Camaro 1SS A10, '14 VW Jetta SE 1.8
Both gutless at low revs compared to something like a Camaro. They are actually very similar in design. He is making a switch to the same car with slightly more power and torque but the same torque curve. He may be underwhelmed. But he should at least check out the competition before he makes the jump!

Your wasting any V8 envy with me as every car before was a V8 including Corvettes. Iā€™m immune to that so Iā€™m staying with the V6 for now. But the V8 is a new thing for him. So why not take an SS for a test drive?
I agree. I lusted for V8 muscle car and drove the following last year (all new, all manual except for the Scat).
Mustang V6-Not fast enough
Mustang GT PP-Fast but not enough low end grunt, had to rev it to get the power
Camaro SS-great power everywhere, hated the visibility and difficulty parking it.
Challenger Scat Pack-great car, just too big and bulky

I passed on all of them.
Found a barely used Mustang GT Whipple supercharged. Game over. That lack of low end grunt, no longer an issue. And it was the fastest by far.

Sponsored

Ed M

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT convertible
Both gutless at low revs compared to something like a Camaro.
OK, so I was right ā€” your definition of gutless is relative, not absolute. The only difference is that you chose a generic Camaro for the gold standard instead of your Mustang V6.

You then hallucinated something that I didnā€™t say and argued hard against your hallucination. Good job, Iā€™m impressed.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Awesome! What're you plans for it?

Fatguy

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 V6 Mustang
41667446_10217199151159109_2389380093056122880_o.jpg

For anyone interested...Finally made the purchase!!

Congrats. Drive the shit out of it especially if you are young. Date your future wife with it and Chrsten the car with her in it somewhere quiet. Because that is what I did about 30 years ago. You never get those feeling back as you get older.

And if you are an old guy like me - never mind...
Sponsored