Sponsored

Trade in v6 for a gt performance pack

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
They call you a hater for stating the obvious ? Noooooooo. I had an 11 3.7. Cute little car.
The V6 section got mad at me a while back because I had said I didn't think it was worth it in my case going FI on the V6 compared to just trading in for a GT though I didn't just say that to be a D1ckH3AD GT 0wn3rR I said it because that was my actual personal experience (in my case I was looking at doing some serious stuff on the V6 but decided to just trade in especially with the new gen coming out). I don't know honestly.....
Sponsored

OP
OP
sidhant

sidhant

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT performance pack
I may be wrong but I think that’s a swipe at me for saying Mustangs are generally gutless especially the NA versions due to design priorities.

That is just how it is here. I actually find it charming in a way. When you are young and just starting out, you are unsure of yourself but getting a powerful car places your identity with something fast and powerful. That is why guys here get so miffed if you criticize their ride. As the years add up and your identity gets tied to your actual life accomplishments, then criticisms about your car mean nothing. I hope that answered things...
Ah I see your point.
But I dont think you understand my reason for getting the car.
Yes, associating yourself with materialistic things is not the way to go but that was never what I had in mind.

When you dream of something for so long, there is a feeling attached to it.
There are so many fast cars available in the market today but how many of them actually have such brotherhood associated with it?
When people come up to you and share their stories about driving a GT themselves or their grandparents owning a Shelby, that's what this car is all about.

Anything you do in life makes you what you are.
Studying literature does not make you better than studying science. It just defines who you are.
Getting a sporty car does not make you delusional about life accomplishments, it just makes you happy.

People are passionate about these cars. I guess that is what drives such intense reactions on the forums.
V6, ecoboost or GT- they are all mustangs in the end.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
The V6 section got mad at me a while back because I had said I didn't think it was worth it in my case going FI on the V6 compared to just trading in for a GT though I didn't just say that to be a D1ckH3AD GT 0wn3rR I said it because that was my actual personal experience (in my case I was looking at doing some serious stuff on the V6 but decided to just trade in especially with the new gen coming out). I don't know honestly.....
Like I said stating the obvious. From strictly a performance stand point. Its better to start with the car with the most performance. Period! I had a world class pissing match over on camaro5 with this kid that turbo'd his V6. I bet the kid invested 30 grand in mods. To run bolt on GT times. And when I pointed that out. He got but hurt. Challanged me to a 1000 dollar drag race. Then backed out of said race. When reality set in that he would probably lose. I thought I was pointing out the obvious. Instead of buying a 30k v6 and spending 30k in mods to run 11.1! He could have bought a 32k V8. Spent 10 grand in mods. And ran low 10s.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
To the OP - congrats on the GT. Good choice.

IMO if the V8 goes away in the next model the Mustang will no longer be worth purchasing. Ford would certainly lose me as a future buyer.

Oh and I have to work very hard to keep up with traffic in my GT350 because it just doesn't have enough torque at low RPMs. It's just terrible to drive. So difficult.

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
Like I said stating the obvious. From strictly a performance stand point. Its better to start with the car with the most performance. Period! I had a world class pissing match over on camaro5 with this kid that turbo'd his V6. I bet the kid invested 30 grand in mods. To run bolt on GT times. And when I pointed that out. He got but hurt. Challanged me to a 1000 dollar drag race. Then backed out of said race. When reality set in that he would probably lose. I thought I was pointing out the obvious. Instead of buying a 30k v6 and spending 30k in mods to run 11.1! He could have bought a 32k V8. Spent 10 grand in mods. And ran low 10s.
He just didn't want to take your money :)

Sponsored

thehunterooo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Corvette
To the OP - congrats on the GT. Good choice.

IMO if the V8 goes away in the next model the Mustang will no longer be worth purchasing. Ford would certainly lose me as a future buyer.

Oh and I have to work very hard to keep up with traffic in my GT350 because it just doesn't have enough torque at low RPMs. It's just terrible to drive. So difficult.
If you get out and push it might go faster.

scrubber3

Hopper, is that you?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Shadow Black. 2001 Jeep XJ 4x4
Or a Tesla if you want a super fast hybrid. But you will never have that wonderful sound of a V8.
Tesla is not hybrid btw. It's electric only.

frank s

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.fsheff.com
First Name
frank
Vehicle(s)
Stang '19 Magnetic, EcoBoost™, Vert, MagneRide® PP
Vehicle Showcase
You made the right choice, you only live once. Just don't put the Mopar hash marks on the fenders. It looks stupid AF :like:
Perhaps hash marks on the fenders are "MoPar" in your part of the world, but the rest of us know they originated with Ford racing cars at Le Mans, in the 1960s. Many Ford drivers wear the "Pit Stripes" with knowledge and justifiable pride.

I wouldn't call them "stupid", even though I don't find them particularly attractive in their standard application. I have put them on a couple of my cars, and taken them off almost immediately. On the other hand, this photo shows a set on my immediate-previous car, a 2014 GT Premium convertible. The hieroglyphics are track diagrems of all the race tracks I have driven my cars as fast as I could get us to go. Left stripe is tracks I've raced wheel-to-wheel, right one is time trials and track days. I have the same display on the current car, without the lines, just diagrams as if they were on stripes.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/fyougitive/15591309039/sizes/c/
Sponsored