NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered Some up last night, cant wait to get to cutting lol.

Sponsored

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
I did and I think it’s a great option. They do require cutting on top of the hood and TrackSpec does not. I also like that the ones I have sit perfectly in the recessed areas of the stock hood. I think the Verus ones are good for after market hoods that don’t have the stock openings but the TrackSpec ones could also be added to a hood that doesn’t have recessed areas. It’s great having options.

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered a set of these Track spec vents and installed them last week. Just wanted to share a few pics. Honestly they are kind of a pita to install haha. Had to cut a lot out underneath the hood and when i thought i was all done and cleaned up i had to make a mess and cut more so i could reach to attach the minuscule hardware that is very tedious to get in and all lined up. The main thing is trying not to cut into your hood too much and ruin it by scratching it all up. Despite all of that im in love with the end result because they add an aggressiveness to the car and also seem to be super functional.
Huge thanks to DB252 for answering some questions i had during the install process, i had left the bottom frames for the vents in the box and was very confused on how they attach at first until he pointed out that there are 2 pieces for each side.

Now i can hear the intake whoosh whenever i dip into the throttle which is cool and the first night driving after the install of course its starts raining to got to test out how they would handle that and everything seemed to stay nice and dry and blocked most of the water out while driving. Its not my daily so not to concerned about driving in the rain, but yeah would recommend just take your time installing and don't try to take your hood off by yourself, get an extra hand ; )

ZOHyrs.jpg

YjXpZn.jpg
vXw9Kf.jpg

mEdYgi.jpg

xJsk4m.jpg

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
What did you guys use to cut the hood? Cutting wheel on grinder, sawzall?

OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
Well done NightParade! Looks really good and yes those front screws/bolts can be a bitch. If it was easy everyone would do it so it’s a mod that takes a lot of work and time to pay out. How’s the underside look and are you or did you trim it out?

NightParade

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2017 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I just used a 3" cutoff wheel and then a metal file to get it smoothed out.

Well done NightParade! Looks really good and yes those front screws/bolts can be a bitch. If it was easy everyone would do it so it’s a mod that takes a lot of work and time to pay out. How’s the underside look and are you or did you trim it out?
Thanks sir! Yeah I winded up cutting more out towards the front to get to those harder bolts and nuts. I will get some pictures later of the cut out area, still need to add some rubber molding around the edges to finish it off.

Sponsored
OP
OP

db252

Equinsu Ocha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium/PP/Nav
All my cutting, grinding and smoothing was done with a dremel. Takes longer than a 3” wheel but allows maybe a little better control. Makes the same kind of mess I’m sure.

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I guess I'll get after it this weekend and get mine installed.

ddozier

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.trackcarbuilds.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
The metal in the hood is very brittle, all you need to do is score the surface of the metal with a 3" cut off wheel, then grab the piece to be removed with a set of pliers and rock it back and forth till it breaks off. If you try and cut the entire thickness of the metal your cutoff wheel will load up with aluminum and be more likely to jump and mess up. This is a take your time deal, no need to be in a hurry.

The first set I did took me about 3 hours to do, now that I have done a few sets it still takes a while to do but I have it down to about 1.5 hours to cut in a set. I do not remove the hood and have a large moving blanket that covers the entire engine bay to catch the shavings. Using the score method does not make a huge mess but will leave a small amount of aluminum powder all over your engine bay if you do not cover it.

Very nice product and I am happy to promote these guys products. They make some nice, functional pieces. I am a little biased as the hood used to make the prototype was mine and I have the first production set on my track car.

Dave

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Finished Sunday in about 2 hours. Man this was nerve racking for me. The first hole I cut had a couple oh shit moments when the wheel jumped a bit and took a bit of paint off that would not be covered by the vent. A little touch up paint and good to go. The second hole was much smoother and I did not have to go back over it and open the hole anymore to allow space for the nuts (i dropped one nut and one washer into the hood, doh!!).