OP

mpower_ss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
16 Mustang GT
Based on how this question was framed, I already can tell you aren't even pushing the GT to it's max capabilities.

Be honest with yourself and consider what your capabilities are, your actual functional requirements, and what the use of the car is. If it's mainly a street machine, keep it streetable, comfortable and just enough so you don't turn your car into a clunking stiff and unbearable abomination.
Not sure how you can tell my driving habits from that post. But that’s part of upgrading ! You don’t have to drive the car to its limits to understand the suspension is too soft and the brakes fade. I have no plans to put her on the track. But like you said, i don’t want it so stiff that it’s a miserable daily driver. It’s a tough happy medium to find.
Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Not sure how you can tell my driving habits from that post.
You see, driving the VooDoo makes one clairvoyant... it's an amazing power. We don't ask for it... it just happens.
nastang87xx has owned his VooDoo since 2016... so he knows these things having over 4 years of ownership. I have only owned mine for one year, and I already can tell from your post that: 1. You have not sharpened your lawn mower blade in over 3 years, 2. Your water heater is about due for replacement, 3. That last yellow light you ran was actually red, 4. The crisper drawer in your fridge is REALLY due for a cleaning.

Ohhhh, the power of the VooDoo...!!!!!!!!

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
The GT 5.0 has never interested me in the least. Feel the same about the upcoming Mach 1 as well. Same old cookie cutter mold. Had it not been for the 350/R I'd be in a C7 GS, Z06, ZL1 or an SS 1LE. Who knows... I do know this, Gob Bless Ford for producing the GT350/R. Transitioning to another car after my R just doesn't seem possible now. VooDoo or don't doo

gmuffley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 350 Wimbledon White Heritage Edition
Some people prefer the coyote engine. Especially for a daily driver.
I had a 2019 PP 2 before I purchased a 2020 HEP 350. The Coyote definitely had more torque below about 4K--above that and it is a different story with the Voodo. As others have said, there are a lot more upgrade options with the 5.0.

ameapm2000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Genesis 2018 GT350
Hello all,

I have a 2016 GT with quite a few mods. I’ve been wanting to upgrade my suspension to handle more like a GT350. After breaking down the options, it was becoming increasing clear. Many of the upgrades I want to do are already on a 350. Common sense wise (don’t add up the numbers on a calculator), my brain is telling me why spend all this money on changing brakes, suspension, chassis, wheel size, etc.
After doing more research, there are Lots of differences between the coyote and the voodoo. I’m sure many of you folks have already reached this crossroad. What where some of your determining factors that helped you make your decision? In either direction. Posting this on the S550 board as well.

Thank you,
Michael S...
The difference between coyote and voodoo.
coyote makes a bhla bhla bhla bhla sound because the cylinders fire in following way -
left right left left
right left right right
left right left left and so on
voodoo makes more of a bllllaaahhhhhhhh sound because the cylinders fire evenly -
left right left right left right

Sponsored

Adamone92

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt
I had a 2019 PP 2 before I purchased a 2020 HEP 350. The Coyote definitely had more torque below about 4K--above that and it is a different story with the Voodo. As others have said, there are a lot more upgrade options with the 5.0.
Yeah..depends on the person. Coyote has seemed a bit more reliable for a DD as well.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
You see, driving the VooDoo makes one clairvoyant... it's an amazing power. We don't ask for it... it just happens.
nastang87xx has owned his VooDoo since 2016... so he knows these things having over 4 years of ownership. I have only owned mine for one year, and I already can tell from your post that: 1. You have not sharpened your lawn mower blade in over 3 years, 2. Your water heater is about due for replacement, 3. That last yellow light you ran was actually red, 4. The crisper drawer in your fridge is REALLY due for a cleaning.

Ohhhh, the power of the VooDoo...!!!!!!!!

This has nothing to do with the motor and everything to do with the fact that he is not taking advantage of the upgrades in suspension. If one knows suspension, he wouldn't be asking these questions. Call me pretentious, I don't care. I don't want him to be wasting money. A street driven Mustang Performance Pack car that is not boosted needs NOTHING on the suspension but maybe springs to give it a decent look.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
This has nothing to do with the motor and everything to do with the fact that he is not taking advantage of the upgrades in suspension. If one knows suspension, he wouldn't be asking these questions. Call me pretentious, I don't care. I don't want him to be wasting money. A street driven Mustang Performance Pack car that is not boosted needs NOTHING on the suspension but maybe springs to give it a decent look.
And a cradle lockout.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And a cradle lockout.
That too. Forgot my own eulogy. Brace the rear subframe, done. A good driver behind an Ecoboost Performance Pack with subframe support would obliterate an average/new performance driver with a GT and all the things.

And no you're wrong. Doing a hard pull out of Starbucks is not performance driving and no, a stiffer sway bar is not helping your steering feel and handling out of said Starbucks.

Sponsored

Lorne34

Project Hidalgo
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lorne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I had a 2016 GT Premium... knew I made a mistake from the beginning... don't know why I didn't just admit it and move on to something else. The car felt front engine heavy, the leather seats were uncomfortable, the exhaust was wimpy, the MT82 sucked.. driving position was not to my liking, etc. etc.. So i proceeded to put 5k into it trying to "upgrade" the suspension, handling, shifting etc.. That was a big mistake as the more i put into it the worse the driving experience became. The 350 is a different animal, but it also begs to be on a track. If you cannot stretch it's legs it's going to be a limited experience. Don't get me wrong the S550 GT is a fine car and they really improved it with the 2018+ refresh, but just wasn't for me. Not sure if putting the cash into the GT is worth it unless you have a very precise plan and idea of where you are headed....

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I had a 2016 GT Premium... knew I made a mistake from the beginning... don't know why I didn't just admit it and move on to something else. The car felt front engine heavy, the leather seats were uncomfortable, the exhaust was wimpy, the MT82 sucked.. driving position was not to my liking, etc. etc.. So i proceeded to put 5k into it trying to "upgrade" the suspension, handling, shifting etc.. That was a big mistake as the more i put into it the worse the driving experience became. The 350 is a different animal, but it also begs to be on a track. If you cannot stretch it's legs it's going to be a limited experience. Don't get me wrong the S550 GT is a fine car and they really improved it with the 2018+ refresh, but just wasn't for me. Not sure if putting the cash into the GT is worth it unless you have a very precise plan and idea of where you are headed....
I ordered my '15 GT/PP the day after New Year in 2015 and took delivery a few weeks later when the snow had just vanished. I loved it. I still do, especially with the changes I have made (click Mods in my sig if you care to know more). However, when the GT350 broke cover I had a mad case of lust for one and had a twinge of buyer's remorse, but rampant ADMs kept me away.

Still, the GT350 lust persisted, and the markups became less prevalent. Then an acquaintance bought a '17 Magnetic GT350R, and I had a chance to drive it. The exhaust note was incredible, but in normal driving I found it.....somewhat lacking. I enjoyed it, but if any car needed 4.09 or 4.56 axle gears from the factory, this was it. I don't track and probably never will, so I knew much of the special sauce would be lost on me and I remained satisfied with my lowly GT.

Fast forward to today, and I'm tempted to hunt down a HEP GT350. But I remember my impressions of the GT350 and the call for another GT500 is at the forefront now, which is more my thing. I was gung-ho on getting a GT500 prior to Covid destroying everything, but now that I have had many more months to think about it I have begun to question whether it's really worth ~$50K over what I have, given Ford's QC. I'm still pondering ordering a '22, but have another year to consider.

All that said, there's not much wrong with a properly tweaked GT. I've held the pink slip for mine for almost three years and it's got only 9,500 on the clock as of this writing and satisfies the need for weekend hooning perfectly well. Hmm, maybe a couple of turbos.....

Footnote: A Mach 1 was a thought until it was revealed to the public. Meh, not different enough from what I have to seriously consider.

honeybadger

Just don't care
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
What are your goals? If you plan to heavily modify both, I'd keep the GT. You can make it much faster than a GT350 for less money.

But if you just can't stay away from the sound of the Voodoo, there's only one cure for that

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
What are your goals? If you plan to heavily modify both, I'd keep the GT. You can make it much faster than a GT350 for less money.

But if you just can't stay away from the sound of the Voodoo, there's only one cure for that
Exactly. Have a vision besides "want to replicate a GT350 suspension" because, well, it's not going to happen. Just get a GT350 then.

Granted, it's your money and no one is going to stop you but yourself. Think things through and don't start swapping parts just because some king ding-a-ling YouTuber who's never been on track or autocross told you to do so because "IT HANDLES SO WELL AROUND MY 15MPH CORNERS ON THE STREETS OF BUM-VILLE AL'BAMAH!"

rochoa21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shopping
Not sure how you can tell my driving habits from that post. But that’s part of upgrading ! You don’t have to drive the car to its limits to understand the suspension is too soft and the brakes fade. I have no plans to put her on the track. But like you said, i don’t want it so stiff that it’s a miserable daily driver. It’s a tough happy medium to find.
I daily drive my stock GT350 and love it... I was in the same situation I was debating on buying a GT over my GT350 but the fact the car looks great and sounds great as stock. I think getting a GT350 will be the way. I dont push my car to the limits but just enjoy the experience
Sponsored