Top Speed?

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I know that the GT’s top speed is limited to about 157mph. But can the limit be defeated and if so what kind of top speeds is this car capable of?
Sponsored

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Of course with a tune. Then sky's the limit depending upon what you ad to it as far as mods.

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
With the 3.73, I was at 157-158 and was about to hit rev limiter in 5th. With more road and bigger cojones, I bet it could do much higher unless there's some sort of electronic limiter. With a better 6th gear, I'm sure it could get to that higher speed a lot easier.

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
With the 3.73, I was at 157-158 and was about to hit rev limiter in 5th. With more road and bigger cojones, I bet it could do much higher unless there's some sort of electronic limiter. With a better 6th gear, I'm sure it could get to that higher speed a lot easier.
Even with a supercharger, when I shifted into sixth, I just let off because it didn’t pull hard anymore. Performance Pack here, and I am about to pull the trigger on a different rear end so first through fifth will get me all the excitement I really need and still have a highway gear. Or, I just need a lot more power to overcome sixth....

Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Even with a supercharger, when I shifted into sixth, I just let off because it didn’t pull hard anymore. Performance Pack here, and I am about to pull the trigger on a different rear end so first through fifth will get me all the excitement I really need and still have a highway gear. Or, I just need a lot more power to overcome sixth....
6th gear in the GT86 feels more like a 1:1 so it's much more useable. I've been considering having the 6th gear replaced with something that is similar to that.

Mustang Tony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
'18 Mustang GT 10R80 PP1 401A Magneride
I've taken mine up to 125mph...that's enough for my old ass. Fug it...I'm not dying that way.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
I'm running 3.31's. I can go faster than all y'all. :)

On a serious note it also depends on your suspension, wheels/tires, and whether or not you've done anything to improve downforce and avoid getting upforce air under the car.

Stock ride height with the stock splitter in the front and stock or no spoiler in the rear you'll start feeling the car get unstable around 125 or so. It wants to take off and fly to Hawaii.

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
You 2018+ folks may have it different, but I was never able to get over 150mph in my US spec 2016GT PP 6MT (stock engine — modified suspension). I lived in Germany for years and had the car flat-out often, and for miles. 150mph, on the dot, was the wall.

More power, less resistance (aero/tires), a tune, gearing, etc all could help get more speed.....though I’m not sure why you’d need to go any faster.

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
You 2018+ folks may have it different, but I was never able to get over 150mph in my US spec 2016GT PP 6MT (stock engine — modified suspension). I lived in Germany for years and had the car flat-out often, and for miles. 150mph, on the dot, was the wall.

More power, less resistance (aero/tires), a tune, gearing, etc all could help get more speed.....though I’m not sure why you’d need to go any faster.

If 150 on the dot was it every time then I'd suspect you were bumping up against some kind of electronic limiter rather than a physical limitation of the car.

I've had my little Ecoboost to 110. The car showed no signs that it was approaching any limit but the flesh (fear of legal encounters) was weak.

Sponsored

Redfuzzbutt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'17 Mustang GT
For me it's much higher than my nerve. At least my nerve related to certain laws and the absolute financial ass rape of violating them.
Laat Sunday after a long day of travelling in the family vehicle and finally making it home, decided to go for a quick joy ride in the car and just enjoy driving.
Hit a great open road without traffic and decided "F it, have some fun".
Ended up having a embarrassing conversation with highway patrol, specifically the difference between felony and civil boundaries. Due to several circumstances, got off with a ticket that allowed me to drive home that evening and ability to go to traffic school.
One of the most understanding and coolest officers I've encountered in my small window of getting caught while doing dumb things.
Stupid luck was on my side that day, until I told my wife.
Top speed? I'll never find out and I'm okay with that.

BluePonyGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Corey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT Premium 6MT
Step aside peasant, I've got 3.15's :cwl:

Also, no problems at over 150 in regards to front end lift. Possibly due to the front end differences for the 18+? Or, could it be the curved taillights :crackup:
lol I stand corrected.

Honestly it's going to be vastly different between '17 and '18+ simply by taking into account their front nose/hood redesign, suspension changes, and the rear valence changes and the front splitter. For all we know they know the GT non-perf pack cars had handling issues at this speed, so changes were made.

I'd have to get this car back out on a decent straight-away to find out if everything I've done up to this point makes a difference, but last time I did this 125 was about it with any degree of confidence. Above that and the front of the car started to float.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
17 eb- even though I have all aftermarket parts and suspension i have 125 limit

have I ever hit it? Nope. Will I ever? Not a chance

think I hit 100 once lol
Sponsored