Sponsored

Toe Link is a Toe Link is a Toe Link

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Is that a true statement for the most part? As i shop for these, there's not much cosmic there. Seems like the only real difference you could shop for would be between a steel variant (Steeda, BMR, etc) or a nice billet piece like SPL. Those seem nice. What qualities are driving your purcase decision on these? Are the billet one's plenty strong enough and worth the few extra $$$?
Sponsored

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Weeelll, after not much action in this thread, but an inordinate amount of research, homework, and indecisiveness, I decided to go this route. And have zero regrets. After the things I discussed with some of our more trusted and experience members on here, I really don’t understand why these (SPC) aren’t more mainstream. But, whatev’s! They are ridiculous light.

C3BB5DC7-C3FF-4F53-A597-F69C6A7193B7.jpeg

340DD1A5-D374-4B27-893D-5D884BE5FFBB.jpeg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Weeelll, after not much action in this thread, but an inordinate amount of research, homework, and indecisiveness, I decided to go this route. And have zero regrets. After the things I discussed with some of our more trusted and experience members on here, I really don’t understand why these (SPC) aren’t more mainstream. But, whatev’s! They are ridiculous light.
Have you tried adjusting camber (or pay some poor soul to do it) ?
They're absolute pain in the ass to get to the eccentric adjustment bolt at the outboard mount (of the camber arm) and you need thin 1/2 inch wrench to do it - that regular shop (and even good ones) generally do not have. SPC mentions it in the instructions (and sells the wrench - I got much cheaper one though) so I was prepared...

Sponsored

Ruiner46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO GT PP
If you swap to the upgraded Ford Performance toe link bearing, you'll want to get a toe link that accommodates it because it is a little wider than the stock bushing. That SPC arm is aluminum, so it's not like you can bend it a little to make it fit. The J&M ones that TeeLew linked above are for the stock bushing, and they offer a different part for the wider bearing:

https://hotpart.com/product/2015-20...le-rear-toe-links-wide-bearing-m-5a460-m-red/

S550 Recon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
'22 CF150
I like SPC's ideas on many of their parts, but I feel they "miss" on most everything they end up offering.

They're great at aligning a car. That's about it. Don't get me started on their previous generation Mustang parts that failed way to often. When a single part with eibach and spc on them, fails that often, it's an eye opener.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I personally don’t know how much better life could be with something else. Install was a breeze, easily make adjustments to both with weight-on-wheel, ZERO change in NVH, etc, etc. Some of the other brands may look fancier, but from all the components I reviewed before purchase, I don’t understand a better design.

Seems these hardly get discussed around these parts, but I think this is a very underestimated and overlooked brand/option.

9AEB6368-6CDF-4984-9560-420787349DBA.jpeg

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I personally don’t know how much better life could be with something else. Install was a breeze, easily make adjustments to both with weight-on-wheel,
Again - have you actually done it ? (Camber specifically). It's easily the most difficult to access adjustment from all the options including stock camber arm (which has none, slides in the slot but it's easier than reaching that eccentric bolt).
Don't know why would anyone call it "easily". EVery since camber arm on the market, with no exceptions is easier to adjust than SPC.

OP
OP

galaxy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Yeah, I have done it. Just finished it actually. Must say I disagree. I didn't look too much into other camber arm options, but for the price point and all other factors, this seemed like the way to go. Especially with both arms in a package deal. Are some others easier? Probably yes, after looking at pics. Was this difficult? No. Yes, I did get the little wrench from SPC, which I would consider a necessity. But beyond that...IDK.
Sponsored