Sponsored

Bearings & toe link kit

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Hello,

i recently purchased coilovers as part of my suspension improvement. Now i do not have a PP mustang, mine is a GT automatic with 20" wheels (dont know if that makes a difference).
I was wondering if it makes sense to swap my toe-links with PP toe-links, either way i plan on getting the FRPP bearings.

This is what currently is installed:
img_20161217_122753.jpg

img_20161217_122757.jpg

I really have no clue about this subject as of now, but i would like to get educated with the help of all of you.

Thanks!
Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
They are likely already the "PP" links.

Snap a picture of the bushing that is inside the mounting point. Can't see much from your pic.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Per Ford, all GT models and the EB PP get the toe link with the inside bearing.

OP
OP

moubayed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2015
Im currently at work, but i will make sure to post better pictures tomorrow. Thanks for the help:cheers:

West TX GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT
I recommend you go ahead swap out the lower control arm bearings while you are poking around down there. I recently swapped them out along side the frpp bearing and a few other items. I found it easier to remove everything from the car and remove them with some space to work. Attempts under the car were horrific and had me second guessing whether I needed them or not. Once the idea of doing it under the car was given up it went much smoother. Now I am addicted to laying on the throttle through turns. No more skip, skip, grip, skip, grip when accelerating through turns, just smooth predictable power oversteer. I changed several things at once so I can't be 100% but I strongly suspect the lca bearing is the main factor for the change. Maybe Kelly can drop some knowledge on this. Trust me and do them both at the same time you will not regret it. It is my favorite mod so far.

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase