N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Oh okay, well please keep me posted on how they perform for you at the track once you’ve had a chance to thoroughly test them out .
Key will be getting them not to dead hook, or go up in smoke. Tricky to do with radials.

So I'll have to modify my launch technique.

And probably have to go with adjustable rears.
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Key will be getting them not to dead hook, or go up in smoke. Tricky to do with radials.

So I'll have to modify my launch technique.

And probably have to go with adjustable rears.
I’ll be waiting to hear how it goes. Best of luck to you in making them do what you want them to do.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
it's a shame a 275 wide all season has better grip off the line than a 305 wide summer tire on a hot summer day, especially when wet
You don't seem to understand the concept of hot. 120f pavement is warm sure, but your tires need to be too hot to touch for them to actually work. And I don't mean the skin of the tire, the carcass itself needs to be up there.

You can not get a summer tire hot enough to work properly just rolling around city streets on a hot day. Even if you're in Saudi Arabia

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
You don't seem to understand the concept of hot. 120f pavement is warm sure, but your tires need to be too hot to touch for them to actually work. And I don't mean the skin of the tire, the carcass itself needs to be up there.

You can not get a summer tire hot enough to work properly just rolling around city streets on a hot day. Even if you're in Saudi Arabia
True. I've noticed they do work much better after I have driven the tail of the dragon LOL. Wet traction is where they really disappoint me. Just have to be really careful. Of course I do everything in my power not to drive in the wet. Being my garage queen and all LOL....

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
That's awesome! Do you have traction control off?
If I'm using the paddles with traction control off mine will spin all the way into 4th gear, I shit you not. Now I am tuned on E85, and I'm in a non-HP 10r80 so 275r19's on PS4S's
It really sucks because I'm like spinning the tires as I'm catching and going buy some other car who is messing with me...LOL
I also have the Steeda Sub-Frame support braces which helped a little.
And to me leaving traction control on sucks, hate the way it drops power.
So my next step is to get the widest tires I can fit which I think will be 295 on rear and 265 front and still have the rack the way I want it.
I'm not tuned just stock with xpipe on 315's and yes traction control and advance trac off too. Usually if I'm starting with some revs I will go up to around 2-3k rpms before tires start spinning with brake on and then dropping the brake. No spin except on the upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3 slightly so I try to have the pedal at just the right amount of throttle so that on the upshift it doesn't spin. If I just go WOT from a stop they will only spin on those previously mentioned upshifts only on my car.

Sponsored

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
The G2 are well known to not be a great tire, especially in the rain. Spin the rubber off those babies and replace with- either the Michelins or the Continentals Performance Summer tires and you will see a huge difference in the dry and wet.

True. I've noticed they do work much better after I have driven the tail of the dragon LOL. Wet traction is where they really disappoint me. Just have to be really careful. Of course I do everything in my power not to drive in the wet. Being my garage queen and all LOL....

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not tuned just stock with xpipe on 315's and yes traction control and advance trac off too. Usually if I'm starting with some revs I will go up to around 2-3k rpms before tires start spinning with brake on and then dropping the brake. No spin except on the upshifts from 1-2 and 2-3 slightly so I try to have the pedal at just the right amount of throttle so that on the upshift it doesn't spin. If I just go WOT from a stop they will only spin on those previously mentioned upshifts only on my car.
To be completely honest , I’ve never spun my tires with my foot on the brakes… too afraid to break anything.. lol
It really interesting you have more traction that way… hmmm
Do you ever start in 2nd? I pretty much do at every stoplight now.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
To be completely honest , I’ve never spun my tires with my foot on the brakes… too afraid to break anything.. lol
It really interesting you have more traction that way… hmmm
Do you ever start in 2nd? I pretty much do at every stoplight now.
I start in whatever gear the car wants to start out at and rarely use the paddles. Almost exclusively run the car in sport+ with track exhaust setting after the trans gets up to temp. Otherwise the car lives on track mode exhaust 100% of the time except when starting the car before 8 am because I like to be respectful to my neighbors.

Spinning the tires some with your foot on the brake won't typically ever hurt anything except the tires. I don't usually try to smoke my tires period cause I'm not in the realm to be spending 1800+ on new tires every few months and like to make them last. If it's a little wet out and I'm leaving a car club meeting most everyone breaks their tires loose some and I will then but typically I like to keep the tires as long as I can.

FUN2RIDEFAST

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium/PP
Vehicle Showcase
I've got a 2020 base gt with 301a package and 10 speed trans.
I have 19x10 forgestars on the rear with Michelin pilot super sports in 285/40r19.
Factory springs and shocks NOT gonna lower it. Been there done that and hated it.
Cb005 from BMR because it tried to kill me shifting at 60 or so and getting violently sideways.
So it doesn't do THAT anymore, but I'm tired of punching it from a red light and just spinning half the time.
I want traction and I want it NOW GODDAMNIT. 😁
So, I'm looking at 20x11 forgestars for the rear only.
Yeah, I know. Don't care. 19f 20r won't be noticable to most.
My question is, nitto 555r2's OR Goodyear F1 supercar 3 for the rear in 305 35r20?
Anyone with experience with either, or both, please chime in.
Oh, I'll keep the rears I have now for winter if necessary. However in central Texas we rarely see below freezing.
And I have a beater for when it rains, so unless I get caught, that's not a huge factor.
I mainly want GOOD STRAIGHT LINE traction on the street. Car isn't tracked at all.
Thanks in advance.
Put some drag radials on. Problem solved.

Sponsored

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I’ll be waiting to hear how it goes. Best of luck to you in making them do what you want them to do.
K, so the tires are hammering pretty hard. Shockingly, it's adjustable shock time. I need to stiffen the extension so I'm not pounding on the tire so much... that's what she said. It should introduce a little wheel spin and keep the tire round. Shocks are everything...

OP
OP
Coyote 2121

Coyote 2121

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt
Update.
By the time I got my wheels and tires last fall it was too late in the year to bother with them.
Finally got the 555r2's in 305/35/20 mounted and balanced on 20x11's, and installed them last week.
Night and day difference.
Problem solved. 💪
I can mash the pedal from a dead stop and it just GOES, exactly like I wanted it to......no spinning, no burn outs necessary.
Gonna find out how they handle in the rain in an hour or two.
I did drive them to work on wet roads one day last week. No issues at all.
Got a deluge on the way today. So we'll see.
Thanks to everyone who had helpful suggestions. 👍

20240413_123154.jpg

20240413_123128.jpg

20240413_123212.jpg

20240413_120617.jpg

MKL_DS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1
Update.
By the time I got my wheels and tires last fall it was too late in the year to bother with them.
Finally got the 555r2's in 305/35/20 mounted and balanced on 20x11's, and installed them last week.
Night and day difference.
Problem solved. 💪
I can mash the pedal from a dead stop and it just GOES, exactly like I wanted it to......no spinning, no burn outs necessary.
Gonna find out how they handle in the rain in an hour or two.
I did drive them to work on wet roads one day last week. No issues at all.
Got a deluge on the way today. So we'll see.
Thanks to everyone who had helpful suggestions. 👍

20240413_123154.jpg

20240413_123128.jpg

20240413_123212.jpg

20240413_120617.jpg
IMO they are great in the rain.
Sponsored